Valvrave The Liberator

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
DuelGundam2099

Re: Valvrave The Liberator

Your standards of beauty must be stratospherically high.
More like I have no femenine side, I'm 100% masculinity ya hu-man. 8)

Pertaining to the topic, anyone else think the pale guy will become a Char clone?
Destiny_Gundam

Toxicity wrote:Personally, I only pefer for my women to only be humble 3s. 3 dimensional that is.
CG characters can look pretty creepy depending on how well they're done. They're pretty hit or miss.

Yes I know that's not what you're talking about.
DuelGundam2099 wrote:More like I have no femenine side, I'm 100% masculinity ya hu-man. 8)
... What? I think you're confused. Finding girls attractive is a masculinity thing.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
DuelGundam2099

... What? I think you're confused. Finding girls attractive is a masculinity thing.
Not when you're all yang and no yin like me; plus they're just drawings. 8)
ShadowCell

yes, DG, we get it, you're a special little snowflake, now drop it
DuelGundam2099

Gottcha SC! Now as I was saying
Pertaining to the topic, anyone else think the pale guy will become a Char clone?
I'm starting to have doubts since Code Geass and Heroic Age didn't have any.
LightningCount

DuelGundam2099 wrote:

Why is this topic becoming about beauty?

Anyway, I think we're looking at the next Athrun/Kira or Lelouch/Suzaku rather than Char.
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
teslashark

LightningCount wrote:
DuelGundam2099 wrote:

Why is this topic becoming about beauty?

Anyway, I think we're looking at the next Athrun/Kira or Lelouch/Suzaku rather than Char.
Why not something like next Lockon?
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
Destiny_Gundam

Why are we so fixated on shoving characters into archetypes when we don't even know anything about them?
Toxicity

Because it is fun? Also, Starship Troopers Invasion had very lovely CGI tittays if I do say so myself even though I was totally watching that movie for....research.
Last edited by Toxicity on Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bullethead

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Why are we so fixated on shoving characters into archetypes when we don't even know anything about them?
Because the anime industry is so dependent on tropes and archetypes that characters not fitting into familiar archetypes would be totally out of left field.
wielder

bullethead wrote: Because the anime industry is so dependent on tropes and archetypes that characters not fitting into familiar archetypes would be totally out of left field.
More like almost all forms of fiction and entertainment by this point in human history, not just anime.

The number of fictional characters that cannot be at least partially classified as archetypes is very small.

But then again, it's not "sinful" to use such archetypes and tropes as a starting point. It's what you actually do with those elements after the fact that can give them a bit more depth or an identity of their own. Which in turn allows for the existence of variants even within the preexisting categories. In other words, you create something "new" out of something "old" to begin with by making additional modifications, large or small.

Char himself wasn't a completely original type of character in the grand scheme of things, but he was used in a way that made him stand out. He became both interesting and popular enough to serve as the new basis for other creations (the so-called "Char clones" we know so well), each of them with varying degrees of success and distinction. But they're also part of a much, much older set of archetypes than just Char, especially if you go back and look at all the "mysterious masked men" or "misguided antagonists" that came before.

Which, going back to the topic, is something we still can't say about the character under discussion when he hasn't even done anything yet. He might be absolutely forgettable, or he might not.
LightningCount wrote: Anyway, I think we're looking at the next Athrun/Kira or Lelouch/Suzaku rather than Char.
His expression and design don't seem that much like those of either Kira or Suzaku though. If I had to guess, he's probably more like Lelouch or Char (which actually share a few similarities, for that matter). He might be closer to a "Char" figure in the sense of being the "slightly older or more experienced military rival" to the inexperienced brown-haired hero. But I obviously don't know that for sure.
Soul Eater, the True Rune
DuelGundam2099

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qptPYSbbW4E

The grunts are confirmed to be.... Laser spam satellites? :?
teslashark

DuelGundam2099 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qptPYSbbW4E

The grunts are confirmed to be.... Laser spam satellites? :?
Makes sense, just like the sentry turrets in so many shooting games.
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
DuelGundam2099

New commercial because without me this stuff apparently never gets posted. We have battleships and they resemble Will Wipps (sort of)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbqlKx7pesM
stagrider

Official site now has characters and mechanics page active.
http://www.valvrave.com/
Destiny_Gundam

Looks like angela is doing the ending theme. Always a good thing.
Strike Zero

By this point, my anticipation for this show has landed decidedly in the depths of the murky grey realm of "meh." Valvrave has a nice design, but the CG looks like itʻs going to be balls. At least the last time Sunrise produced an original mecha anime that wasn't Gundam they had the decency to only use CG for the large sentient colonies that couldn't move around a whole lot.

Letʻs see, other thoughts... well, she's cute, I guess.

Thatʻs all I got.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Arbiter GUNDAM

LightningCount wrote:with the mixed (tepid?) reaction to AGE
Definitely negative if the ratings and their failure to capture the target audience are any indication.

And yeah, the CGI in this doesn't look all that good so far. I guess we'll see when it premieres.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
DuelGundam2099

Those are some mediocre looking humans, then again they aren't the reason I intend to watch this. And those last two girls with d-cups, oh boy, please don't let this be of the ecchi genre.
the CGI in this doesn't look all that good so far.
What's wrong with it? I'll admit it's no Heroic Age or Aquarion Evol, but it seems fine to me. :?
bullethead

DuelGundam2099 wrote:
the CGI in this doesn't look all that good so far.
What's wrong with it? I'll admit it's no Heroic Age or Aquarion Evol, but it seems fine to me. :?
Really bad texturing on the ships and a backdrop that really makes the textures look even cheaper than they already do. It's not Gonzo level bad texturing, but it feels off if they wanted to make it fit seamlessly into the 2D stuff.