Valvrave The Liberator

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
yazi88

Re: Valvrave The Liberator

I personally think that the punk with the orange hair Yamada AKA Thunder AKA Yazan Gable Jr might also be a Valvrave Pilot. Maybe not with the next episode...
Amion

At 12:41, it's Brock!

Edit after watching: This was a good episode, it was hilarious to see L-Elf just sit up. Did they really think straps would hold him? Foolish, those were all part of his plan. He's starting to make me think of Aizen Sousuke.

So next ep is about Thunder and Moneybags. Perhaps they'll both get a Valvrave. Thunder better, because he's just too awesome.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

yazi88 wrote:I personally think that the punk with the orange hair Yamada AKA Thunder AKA Yazan Gable Jr might also be a Valvrave Pilot. Maybe not with the next episode...
I don't know...there is a high possibility for him to become a pilot next week...considering the next episode's title is "Dog and Thunder..."
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Deacon Blues

I'm still confused as to why a colony had BATTLESHIPS WITH LIVE MISSILES. *facepalm*
Destiny_Gundam

The same reason it has super powerful giant robots, I imagine.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
nacho-wan

How come nobody is surprised that the space nazis have a chinesse princess?... wait this is animé where things just need to look cool. Plausibility is built afterward by fans.

I loved this episode, quite better that the last two. I'm bit pissed at how the Valvraves have being lacking punch against the Dorssia Ideals. At least they keep rocking the Waffles -does the carrier has an onboard factory for those?

I'm having the feeling that next episode will feature the debut of the yellow and blue Valvraves. I don't see Thunder in the blue one, I think the yellow one is more fitting for him with the extra, massive punching arms.

As for the missing orange unit 2; I bet Cain has it stashed somewhere.
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Strike Zero

Destiny_Gundam wrote:The same reason it has super powerful giant robots, I imagine.
Not really, because unlike super powerful giant robots, battleships have exactly, oh, I dunno, zero applicable uses in outer space. What, did the Jior military anticipate having a naval engagement INSIDE THE DYSON SPHERE?

But, you know what, I don't even care. If this were Gargantia or even Majestic Prince there'd be legitimate cause for complaint, but this is Valvrave, a magic land of BS and plot holes where the practice of applying logic and reason has absolutely no place! So, whatevs.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
bullethead

Deacon Blues wrote:I'm still confused as to why a colony had BATTLESHIPS WITH LIVE MISSILES. *facepalm*
Because the JIOR military planners saw Star Trek into Darkness and thought "we should have some battleships on hand in case the module crash lands on Earth."
Destiny_Gundam

Strike Zero wrote:Not really, because unlike super powerful giant robots, battleships have exactly, oh, I dunno, zero applicable uses in outer space. What, did the Jior military anticipate having a naval engagement INSIDE THE DYSON SPHERE?
Yeah, you're right. There's absolutely no way an enemy force could appear inside the colony... Oh wait.
Deacon Blues

I'm still searching for the plot as well lol...
Destiny_Gundam

Uh, right now isn't it just "Bad guys want to get their hands on super weapon?" That's kinda hard to miss...
Strike Zero

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Yeah, you're right. There's absolutely no way an enemy force could appear inside the colony... Oh wait.
But then, why BATTLESHIPS? It's not like--

*slaps self*

No, no, I'm not doing this. I refuse to get into a debate over the logistics of freaking Valvrave, I've got better things to be wasting my life away on.
Destiny_Gundam

Really? Because it sounds like you're just looking for things to nitpick on. They have a huge body of water in their colony so why wouldn't they place something there in the event of an attack?

Valvrave is hardly too far out there in terms of logic. Teenager logic, anyways.
Strike Zero

Well, I can't help it that Valvrave makes itself so open to being nitpicked, but I've already made it clear that I'm not here to pick nits despite the multitude of nits begging to be picked because Valvrave's story and characters are so batshit that they defy their own nits even when you try to pick them thus rendering it utterly pointless to engage in nitpickery.

You don't stop to think about anything that happens in Valvrave, you just let the ride sweep you up and carry you away on magical adventures!
yazi88

Well, to add my 2 cents, there IS a pretty big war going on and even a neutral nation like JIOR gotta have some form of defense so having battleships inside a colony isn't that far of a stretch.
Amion

If I were a military commander over JIOR, I would have naval vessels where there is a large or even modest sized body of water, that's just common sense. And I thought the kids said that the battleships were Dorrsian and had been left over from occupation, guess I wasn't paying attention. :lol: Silly me. *Flaps hand ridiculously*
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Arbiter GUNDAM

And the Macross Frontier fleet had tanks, even though those were more useless than Destroids...
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
iguanaman8989

It does make sense to have the battleships though. The module's main spaceport is the bay itself.
Wellman

You really should have stopped using your brain when watching Valvrave back in episode 3. It makes the deal a lot easier.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Confirmed pilots, perhaps? I can see the back of Haruto's head, Saki-chan and what looks like Yamada, the best friend guy and maybe one other?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion