Valvrave The Liberator

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Mythgarr

Re: Valvrave The Liberator

The first episode really gives me the vibe of this wrong side of SEED: bishonen gund-valvrave jackers, reluctant pilot, masked young mastermind (granted, only one eye is masked...)
but overall a decent first episode. But below Majestic Prince and Gargantia...
Visit The Dreams
Arbiter GUNDAM

Mythgarr wrote:The first episode really gives me the vibe of this wrong side of SEED: bishonen gund-valvrave jackers, reluctant pilot, masked young mastermind (granted, only one eye is masked...)
but overall a decent first episode. But below Majestic Prince and Gargantia...
It did impress me more than its previews let on but I have to wonder just how much high school antics there are going to be.

As for Shoko... personally I think that she's alive. I mean she's still in the end credits in Newtype Naked Space™ with the black-haired girl so why would they bother with that if she weren't still alive? Either she's going to show up at the very end of the series to give moral support to Haruto (lame!) or she's going to be brainwashed by these Dorssia guys and she'll have to tragically fight Haruto. We'll see.

Also, congratulations to Jior for winning Biggest Morons Ever, by placing their giant robot factory UNDER A FRAKING HIGH SCHOOL. :roll: :lol:

HOLYFRAKZOMBIE!!!

And... what was up with that random lesbian boob fondle? :shock:
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Amion

You know, I was wondering when someone would notice that stupid fondle part. Seriously, that's disturbing. :shock: *Double shock*

And I actually liked the whole Gunda-Valvrave jack because for the first time, it looks like the whole thing was still a science project, with nothing but engineers in lab coats guarding Unit 1. That's new, and more subtle than before.

And yeah, at this time I guess I aughta admit that Shoko is alive. But really, the whole landscape was changed! That's even less plausible than Kira's survivals (ignoring his Fukuda-given resurrection powers)

Anyone noticed that that weired looking girl on the computer is the one who seems to be controlling portions of the Valvrave? At the least she showed the battle live. Just what is she up to and who is she?
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Mythgarr

Now one thing need to be made certain: is this a super-robot or real-robot show :D ?
Visit The Dreams
Amion

Both! It's a super robot running around inside a real robot show! :D
Mythgarr

Did anyone catch the "IT HAS LEGS" remarks in one of the "twitter-flood" ?
Visit The Dreams
Destiny_Gundam

Yeah, which doesn't seem out of place since it appears both factions use either fighters or those floating torso things.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
NastyNate

I still haven't watched the first episode yet. I've heard good things so far. So we have some love or hate it on the board?
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Mythgarr

I love that the mechas are unique and there seems to be shady things going on, I hate the rotten-baits.

And oh: VAMPIRE!

really? Dunno.
Visit The Dreams
Arbiter GUNDAM

No no no, if Haruto turned into a space vampire that would have been because he had all the Spiritia sucked out of him. He was killed and then came back so that makes him a space zombie. :D
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
NastyNate

wait vampire?
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Mythgarr

"Do you want to stop being human?" or something
is the question asked when booting the VOS (Valvrave OS...)

also: this http://randomc.net/image/Kakumeiki%20Va ... e%2040.jpg
Visit The Dreams
Amion

Mythgarr wrote:"Do you want to stop being human?" or something
is the question asked when booting the VOS (Valvrave OS...)

also: this http://randomc.net/image/Kakumeiki%20Va ... e%2040.jpg
I think it was "Do you resign as a human being?"
Zeonista

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:
Also, congratulations to Jior for winning Biggest Morons Ever, by placing their giant robot factory UNDER A FRAKING HIGH SCHOOL. :roll: :lol:

HOLYFRAKZOMBIE!!!

And... what was up with that random lesbian boob fondle? :shock:
If I had gotten to discover and use a giant robot hidden under my high school, my high school life would have been 200% cooler. :D

Previous trope research by the scientists at Sunrise has found that twin-tail Ruri-con lez action scores high among lonely fanboys with mai waifu lists. Granted, it is less subtle than a rain of pink leeches. ;)

I liked the kawaii menu screen for Valvrave, along with that key log-in question. Rarely has the decision to pilot the heroic giant robot been asked in such a way! Of course, at the end of the episode it was completely justified! :shock: Well, at least they will have me watching episode 2 now. If they keep playing outside of expectations, this Not-a-Gundam anime may turn out to be a keeper! And I do agree that Shoko's enigmatic death was not final. Admittedly, it was the most gleeful gratuitous character death since Iczer 2 stomped the cute little brat, but it may be just a red herring. She mayl return later on, probably after Our Hero has gotten involved with two other girls.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Amion wrote:You know, I was wondering when someone would notice that stupid fondle part. Seriously, that's disturbing. :shock: *Double shock*
Well many of us noticed, we just didn't care for it enough to bother mentioning it. ^^b
Destiny_Gundam

I don't recall that. When was it?
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Destiny_Gundam wrote:I don't recall that. When was it?
Near the end of the episode, when everybody's "ooooh aaaah"-ing over Haruto in the Valvrave. The three girls in swimsuits who evacuated to the school gym. (they're right there in the foreground)
Amion

It's funny that Destiny Gundam was the only one apparently who didn't notice.
Destiny_Gundam

Oh, that. Yeah, I noticed it but just didn't think anything of it. Nor did I associate it with lesbianism like you guys apparently did.
Mattro

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:And... what was up with that random lesbian boob fondle? :shock:
personally i took it as "you want fan-service, here you go"

Amion wrote:And yeah, at this time I guess I aughta admit that Shoko is alive. But really, the whole landscape was changed! That's even less plausible than Kira's survivals (ignoring his Fukuda-given resurrection powers)
i also think Shoko is alive. wasn't there a car near there so i guess there is one way she could have survived? i just hope this show doesn't do ass pull plot armor stuff. so far its rather enjoyable.