Sony Pictures registers Gundam movie domains

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
ShadowCell

Re: Sony Pictures registers Gundam movie domains

i've copped no attitude; you're the one who's decided to stop arguing on the discussion and start complaining about "attitudes." very hypocritical.

either way, you've never addressed the actual point that more than one of us keep making: if Bandai really is so interested and "not giving up on us" and "stubborn enough to keep at it," then why are they doing so little? you keep insisting that their token gestures aren't token gestures; well, sorry, but you're wrong. and it's not my fault that you are wrong.

anyway, you're the one who has constantly pointed at the same premises regardless of what anyone said to knock them down. so if you want to keep at this, you should probably either address that, or find some new premises. it's not my fault if nobody accepts the premises you present that have already been knocked down.
HellCat

Then I honestly don't know what to tell you. I have an opinion. You have an opinion. They don't agree....what next? I've given my reasons for my opinion, yet you've said every one of them doesn't count. So, yeah, no clue what to do here.

You win?
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
ShadowCell

if the reasons for your opinion don't actually support your opinion--which is what everyone who has disagreed with you has said in every post they made--then maybe there's something wrong with your opinion.
HellCat

Only problem there is you're basing that on a sample of people from one forum. So although your logic is generally sound, I'm still generally confident in my opinion. Especially since some disagreeing don't even seem to understand what I mean and think I think we're on the cusp of some expertly planned push to rocket it back into the mainstream.
ShadowCell

in light of that post, please never accuse anyone of not listening to you again. it would be spectacularly hypocritical.
HellCat

ShadowCell wrote:in light of that post, please never accuse anyone of not listening to you again. it would be spectacularly hypocritical.
Righto then, cubby.
Arbiter GUNDAM

I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
ShadowCell

ooh, watch, people will actually believe that
Outlaw

ShadowCell wrote:ooh, watch, people will actually believe that
Why not? It's not that farfetched. Now, management actually listening is another story.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
ShadowCell

then again, what they'll be greeted with is probably not worth listening to anyways, so i can't really blame them for that
Khandri

Yeah, I'm at the point where I just look at that tweet and laugh because I don't believe a word of it right now, and I fully expect it to be a massive disappointment. It feels very "boy who cried wolf" to me.
That wacky Gundam X fangirl (yes, girl) the fandom warned you about...
azrael

Talk about vague... And there are only 2 @replies to that tweet and 24 retweets (at time of this post). Explain what they are talking about.
"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."
Strike105

I think it has to do with this #bringbackgundam thing on Twitter that was apparently started by one of Youtubes more popular Gunpla reviewers, Vegeta8259, about a month ago. It wasn't too terribly active last time I checked it, but it seems as though they were able to spam @BandaiAmerica just enough to at least get their attention. I doubt it'll really lead anywhere though, especially at this point in time when Gundam is about as obscure as any other anime that isn't Naruto, Bleach, or Dragon Ball Z.
bullethead

Hell, the Gundam fandom is apparently unable to muster more than 4000 preorders of Vertical's release of Gundam: The Origin. I doubt Gundam has any major traction in the US right now, especially after about a decade of horrible brand management by Bandai.

That said, assuming Toonami survives Tenchi GXP and gets a decent acquisitions budget, there's a chance that a Gundam show gets picked up and that could introduce new people to the franchise, but I fully expect Bandai to fuck that up somehow.
HellCat

Movie announced to be adaptation of the popular G-Saviour novels- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s6UkMcBN6M
schwarz ritter

^OH BOY THE REACTION TO THIS IF ITS TRUE...IS GON BE GOOOOOOD.

I see no problems in a high-budget live-action film, as long as the casting, story and, most importantly, the director, are chose/done well.

Note: Forget about a live-action of UC/AC/FC/AG/CE/etc.. It'd only make it harder to make and more difficult to bring in a big audience. Otherwise, it would be another G-Saviour.
Reinhard: "Of course, grades in school aren't a good indicator. They focus too much on memorization and imitation, and don't foster imagination."
Kircheis: "What you find important are imaginative and conceptual capabilities, right?"
Reinhard: "That's right."
Strike Zero

This is quite possibly the greatest Youtube video I've seen in weeks.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Dark Duel

Really? No offense to this dude, but six minutes of one guy blithering on youtube over a picture of an old G-Saviour kit is not what I would call a reliable source of information.
Until I see something solid from a source that's at least halfway reputable, I am going to disregard...pretty much anything.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Arbiter GUNDAM

Um, I'm pretty sure this was supposed to be a joke vid. He mentioned G-Saviour getting made in 1969...
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Strike Zero

What are you talking about? We should have suspected from the beginning that Kira would be returning fill the role of Mark Curren accompanied by C-3PO and R2-D2 fitted with Aile packs. Its so laughably obvious in hindsight!
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.