Female Char Clone

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.

Should there be a Female Char Clone?

Yes
79%
No
21%

Total votes: 14
sui_cho

Female Char Clone

Every Char Clones in each Gundam series are guys, why can't there be a woman wearing a mask to serve as a Gundam anime's "Char"? Don't you think this is a brilliant idea?
monster

Re: Female Char Clone

The gender doesn't really matter to me. I'm more interested in a character without a mask or glasses or any type of headdress or facial covering.

Well, I would really rather have no character that would be compared to Char, but that's probably never going to happen.
Gisol888

I think it would be abolutely awesome! The woman should have the character of Hiling Care from Gundam 00. That would rock!
Ok, that was just an idea, too :wink:

greetings gisol
wow animes are just awesome!
domino

Lunamaria and Cima are probably the closest things we have to a female Char Clone given their red mobile suits & red uniforms
Kuruni

Catharine Blitzen

Her personality isn't Char-ish, but I don't care about that.
My girlfriend was a loli.
bullethead

Sure, why not. Make her around twenty years old and keep the protag the usual 15-16 year old kid. The show will be real popular with the fan artists.
teslashark

bullethead wrote:Sure, why not. Make her around twenty years old and keep the protag the usual 15-16 year old kid. The show will be real popular with the fan artists.
Hahahahaha , marketing on onee-cons...
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
Kei Katsuragi

Why have a female char clone in the first place other then the sake of having a female char clone? I wouldn't mind seeing one, but the poll question suggested to me that, by saying "yes", means I think Gundam is entitled to a female char clone (Should There be a female Char clone) and I don't quite agree with that. I don't see an inherent need for one other then being contrarian.

As Monster said, I would enjoy less Char clones in general, but if a female Char one comes around then super, but I don't feel compelled to demand or expect one.
Strike Zero

bullethead wrote:Make her around twenty years old and keep the protag the usual 15-16 year old kid.
My sentiments exactly.

The ultimate would be if while everybody else travels between locations via jeep or helicopter, she travels everywhere and anywhere on a horse. She'd be kinda like a Char Clone parody, only freaking awesome.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Compass

They already had a horse-riding Char Clone in the Gunpla Builder OVA. Who had his two back-ups RUN with him. In Modern Japan. On the streets.

Give her a Mitsubishi Evo and we'll call it even.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Red Comet90

I don't mind if they made a female Char clone. It could be done, but I don't see it having a purpose besides just being different. That doesn't mean the idea is bad though.
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
HellCat

It would be a change but given trends I'd be worried the unmasking would come with "Don't you see? I had to craft an identity from this mask because women are weak! Oh why won't a man touch me? Bwaaah!"
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Compass

Wait, so you mean a reverse trap Char where we expect the character to be a guy because he looks like a guy and speaks like a guy but it all turns out to be a female at the end during the unmasking and we go HOLY SMOKES WE DIDN'T SEE THAT ONE COMING.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
HellCat

Compass wrote:Wait, so you mean a reverse trap Char where we expect the character to be a guy because he looks like a guy and speaks like a guy but it all turns out to be a female at the end during the unmasking and we go HOLY SMOKES WE DIDN'T SEE THAT ONE COMING.
No, I mean a degrading case where it's clearly a kick ass, capable woman but when the moment comes and she removes the mask the story decides she was lying all along and that it was a construct of the mask because women are apparently useless.

*still sour over AGE*
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Dark Duel

On a rather weird note, for some reason this thread reminds me of Gravion.
That was...certainly one of the most bizarre iterations of the "mask" trope.

Technically speaking, there's Frozen Teardrop too, but that whole thing is just weird anyway.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Khandri

I'm of two minds on this.

On one hand, it would be interesting to see what they could do with it. We've already had some interesting female villains in Gundam that weren't Char clones, so what could they do with one that would fall into this particular trope?

On the other hand...I fear that despite whatever her personality or actions would be in a series, whether or not she was an interesting/well-developed character on her own, all of it would be overshadowed by the fanservice that would probably be heaped on her in terms of character design, artwork (official or fan-created), merchandise, etc. This is, after all, a franchise aimed largely at straight males, and such seems to be the fate of virtually all female characters in Gundam, whether they're a protagonist or a villain character.
That wacky Gundam X fangirl (yes, girl) the fandom warned you about...
Kuruni

HellCat wrote:It would be a change but given trends I'd be worried the unmasking would come with "Don't you see? I had to craft an identity from this mask because women are weak! Oh why won't a man touch me? Bwaaah!"
No, she will be composition of Lalah and Char. That is, when she remove the mask, it will turn out that the mask is a kind of protection device - to prevent her from shooting beam from that dot on forehead! :mrgreen:
My girlfriend was a loli.
domino

Can some of our beloved fanfiction writers make this a reality?
schwarz ritter

^What Violator said.

Also, why keep rehashing the same Char Clone concept when you can come up with something original, huh? And if you want a female rival (who isn't held down by damaged goods moe like Marida), I'd say go more on the vein of Cima Garahau. You know, the only smart Zeke out there? The only one who seemed to actually be a thread for Kou in his Dendrobium Orchis Hax mobile armor in a simple mobile suit?
Reinhard: "Of course, grades in school aren't a good indicator. They focus too much on memorization and imitation, and don't foster imagination."
Kircheis: "What you find important are imaginative and conceptual capabilities, right?"
Reinhard: "That's right."