The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-9

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Dark Duel

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-9

One of the kits on old man Chinan's shelf in that one episode IIRC used the AGE-3F's shoulders, but that's about it.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
HellCat

It would be nice to see some AGE stuff. I know apparently it's a legal matter, but they did pull off a sneaky nod to Trailblazer which they likewise apparently can't use.

Anyway- started building the Webshop MG AGE kits and discovered they have story chapter inserts. Now given I'm one of those terrible people who dares to like Japanese entertainment without being fluent in the language I can't confirm or deny if these are new, but I'm willing to scan them if someone wants to take a look (assuming they aren't already out there, translated or not).
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Amion

Yeah, I'm one of those terrible people too. Do you think that's the reason why they don't want us to pay them to watch stuff? They sure didn't want AGE over here...
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
SonicSP

Amion wrote:Yeah, I'm one of those terrible people too. Do you think that's the reason why they don't want us to pay them to watch stuff? They sure didn't want AGE over here...
Given how Gundam itself is never guerenteed success in the English market, it would be a risk to bring AGE here especially since it did badly even in Japan; the place where Gundam succeeds more often than not. A few people will pay to watch it but likely not enough cover the licensing costs and certainly not enough to justify any reverse importing fears. Anime is a niche market and Gundam is a niche within anime in the English market.

I should note that there is an English Gundam dub out there that was made. I sorta only watched one episode of it and didn't follow it because it when it was airing here the Japanese version was way ahead in the series. But in hindsight I should have followed it week to week.
Amion

I meant that Gundaminfo's stream of the series was blocked from the U.S when AGE was running. And remained locked until Build Fighters if I'm not mistaken. I'm as ignorant as a peasant can get, but I don't think they needed to pay to make it available on their youtube channel.
SonicSP

I'm guessing the reason was due to possible licensing opportunities that companies might get. They don't want to ruin any possible license deals that companies may peruse. Of course with AGE being as unsuccessful as it is, seems like a weird decision in hindsight but I could have seen why they made the decision.
Amion

But they immediately went ahead and allowed access to Build Fighters, and AGE besides. It really felt like how someone on here mentioned, "oh, how long has that been blocked?"

Doesn't matter at this point, all things considered.
SonicSP

I think that's part because by the time Build Fighters arrived, the chances of a new Gundam TV series being licensed in the US is more slim than before. Someone upstairs a must have made the decision, probably they wanted people to watch on their channel rather than say, "unofficial" ones. My guess is that they're allowing it it to sort of make it like a new age TV airing and if a company wants to license it, they'll make it inaccessible again.
Dark Duel

I am inclined to agree. Though, 00 and Z are accessible in english-subbed from the US, so not entirely sure that they would block it.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
SonicSP

They probably wouldn't at this point. Though I don't think they're earning money from western 00 at the moment, I think they're just using it to help leverage the Gundam brand; same with AGE. Whatever sales are likely more people who bought it to people who want it and the western DVDs still have the unique dubs (quality aside).

I'm under the impression you can monetize your videos on YouTube to earn a little bit of money. I don't know whether they're doing it per say but they could. This way they'll be earning some revenue, probably not much but better than nothing. They'll probably only do it for series they think don't get a license, or if it does get one they'll just pull it. Kinda like showing it in TV except on a international scale on the Internet.
HellCat

Agree AGE was probably lifted due to no one wanting the rights. They did bother to port the subs to the region free Blu rays but even that all seems to be dead now. They just make the discs region free and don't put any subs on, even when they have them like Build Fighters.

In all honesty I could actually see someone licensing that because it's so much wider in appeal and merchandising.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.