The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-9

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Gelgoog Jager

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-9

If this results in the Dorado L getting a HG model kit, I will be pleased. On the other hand, it presents an opportunity for some of the game-only units to be animated, such as the Abigel, Dielga, Wiegel and Zedas C.
Mythgarr

Adele Stark, AGE-1 Stark, AGE-2 Artimes :)
Visit The Dreams
Silver_August

any excuse to see the Super Pilloto in action is an A in my book, also Zeheart before he drank the kool-aid is always nice
Arbiter GUNDAM

Um, Zeheart was always a fanatic, he just went even crazier in arc 3.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Mythgarr

more like he got plot-induced brain damage on arc-3...
Visit The Dreams
Silver_August

Hmmm I guess, I dunno, looking back in 3rd Gen I liked where they were taking him because the years of him being in combat really he did fully embrace the commanders chair and earned somebody's respect, though I dunno, maybe I was just burned by him haivng too many of the Char qualities at once and even sprinkle in a lettle Zechs for good measure, he was just, I dunno, loved his voice though, and my girlfriend loved him till about th time when he got the Legilis
DuelGundam2099

They are basically making something with the first half of Asemu's arc? REALLY? That was the lowest point in the series if you ask me.
Mythgarr

Granted, I'd rather they have the stories of pre-married adult Flit told to us animated....bring out Razer and Stark please :)
Visit The Dreams
Arbiter GUNDAM

DuelGundam2099 wrote:They are basically making something with the first half of Asemu's arc? REALLY? That was the lowest point in the series if you ask me.
I agree with you. :)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Gelgoog Jager

I would prefer a movie that could overwrite some of the events.

Anyway, it's quite irnoic that the arc that Level 5 shortened the msot since it would be the one that according to them would attract kids the least, is the one that will get an extra something.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:
DuelGundam2099 wrote:They are basically making something with the first half of Asemu's arc? REALLY? That was the lowest point in the series if you ask me.
I agree with you. :)
If by that you mean Asemu's school episodes, I agree that those were not very good, but the rest of the arc, minus the ending, was overall good, even though quite rushed.

I do remember that when I was checking some reviews of the entire series, Kio's arc was always said to be the weakest, while Asemu's was consistently said to be the best, with some saying so about Flit's arc.
bullethead

Gelgoog Jager wrote:I do remember that when I was checking some reviews of the entire series, Kio's arc was always said to be the weakest, while Asemu's was consistently said to be the best, with some saying so about Flit's arc.
I think that Asemu's arc stock went pretty high up because of how his character was an everyman striving to keep up with super humans, plus it had the benefit of not needing to establish as much as Gen 1 had to.

Plus the music was pretty good on a consistent basis, especially Asemu's themes.
Silver_August

I agree with the above but also I dunno, maybe it was the 15 weeks waiting ro a time skip, but it was jsut cool seeing where everyone from the first arc went between the years ad seeing them grow up and stuff was just... cool, because they all made sense, though Woolf growing the muttonchops was will still never make sense to me lol
Cybaster

Strike Zero wrote:Ugh. Let's just hope that this is just another manga project or some sort of video game spin-off. That way when it finally does come out I won't feel obligated to see it.
Indeed.

Dear God, if Level 5 *does* do this, please, for the love of God, leave Arisa alone --- making her more useful would be nice, but please don't go turning her into a waif that can't be her own person (or even walk on her own) without the support of a good man at her side, like so many other female characters got turned into of late.

*coughOtherMSamuscough*

Especially Arisa's novelization version, who exists little else than to be a rival to Romary for Asemu's affections.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
AceWhatever

I'm pretty sure that's what alot of people wanted Arisa to be in the show.
HellCat

I wish they'd done more with the idea Arisa used different Wears. I believe the sidestories suggest she becomes something of a Wear test pilot as a result but in show it basically ended up like someone who keeps losing in a fighting game and so chooses a different character each round.

As for her relationship with Asemu- I'm at least supportive of the novels idea that they'd at least met before. Love triangles are often painful but there was a fun set of fan art on Pixiv that ran with the idea that they'd known each other as friends their whole lives. Given Dique was basically the best friends of Flit and Emily, the fact that they didn't know each other was kind of weird.

If they do do an OVA or whatever that expands on Asemu's arc I think it could work. After he graduated there was a massive lack of direction but anything that expands on that unseen year can only help.
Of course given the wall of photos we saw, I worry that means we'd suffer through a token beach episode.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Silver_August

I don't know WHAT happened with Arisa...you'd think by her debut that she'd be a spunky ace pilot chick ccause shes all... you know, slapping butts and just coming off as a hot shot, but then she and the others just routinely get their butts whooped while Asemu goes on to save the day.

What puzzles me is why she left the battlefield after the 2nd generation, what happened to her?
Mythgarr

evidently she found love, somewhat, and decided that he piloted simply to chase Asemu, which had "anchored" himself to Romary.

Or so say I.

Dunno officially.
Visit The Dreams
YazanGable

To be honest, the problem with Arisa technically applies to the entire team. People mainly just remember it with Arisa because she was the one who stood out the most (remember how much of a joke of a pilot Max was?)

That said, I still remember when the show was airing. Some fans latched onto her as a sort of throwback to the old G Gundam love triangle, seeing her as the Allenby and hoping this time she'd win. It was something else to watch unfold.

edit - name fixed cause I brainfarted hard there.
Last edited by YazanGable on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
monster

YazanGable wrote:To be honest, the problem with Romary technically applies to the entire team. People mainly just remember it with Romary because she was the one who stood out the most (remember how much of a joke of a pilot Max was?)

That said, I still remember when the show was airing. Some fans latched onto her as a sort of throwback to the old G Gundam love triangle, seeing her as the Allenby and hoping this time she'd win. It was something else to watch unfold.
Romary? Do you mean Arisa?
Silver_August

Arisa i'm just disappointed in because because they went NO WHERE with ehr when where they could've gone pretty much wrote itself. If anything though, I would have wanted to see Max die and i know he was a useless character, but I still think it could've lead to some motivational drama for Asemu and friends, lol.

Oh man... I have a BIG hopers and dreamers idea in my head now... a Mass Effect style Gundam AGE game where you can basically change the future up to the Kio arc depending on the decisions you make and the love interests you pursue..sigh, lol one can dream.