The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-9

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
domino

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-9

Flit pulling the trigger would be awesome.

I always wondered why Zeheart didn't just launch the Vagan Gear instead of going out there himself and even sacrificing Fram. It made me wonder whether or not Zeheart even knew that Zera and the Vagan Gear existed. Maybe Ezelcant only told the commander of La Gramis and always considered Zera to be the trump card to be used as a final, final last-resort?
Silver_August

oh lordie.... if only they completely rewrote everything after Kio got kidnapped and made Zera the Ezelcant replacement he was supposed to be, Zeheart get replaces, curb-stomped....

Actually you know what would've been another good alternative way this series could've went?

Have Ezelcant DIE from exertion after using the Legilis, and announce his death publicly to vegan but also saying he has a successor, Zeheart is shocked by this announcement as he was not informed about anything and then Zera is introduced, fresh out of the tube, Ezelcant declares that he may die but his ambitions will live on.

So earth federation begins to struggle as Zera's emotionless state makes him hyper focused to Death Note Near levels, then the episode where Zeheart fights SID can serve as a deeper flashabck episode that actually explains more why he served under ezelcant since...we never really got that. some other jazz happens and basicaly, Zera and the Vagen gear debut, ready to basically assassinate Zeheart because of his many, many, MANY failures. From here Zeheart has his chance to become a good guy cuz Asemu comes in and helps out but even he's getting out matched, and ontop of that SID was found here as was the deduction of Zera's calculations, maybe the vagens an even BIGGER threat and actually giving us a reason to not pity them, but actually fear them.

I dom't know, there are SO many ways they could've taken the basic ideas they had out on the table,, because I actually see alot of potential with Zera, it's just... they wasted it, the only reason I wouldn't want Zeheart to go good is because it would take away from Zenald being an awesome trainer villain, but I suppose it'd be worth it just so we don't have Zeheart drinking the kool aid and eating up power point presentations.
Red Comet90

I don't think a rewrite of the ending would have saved the show. It would have merely glossed over problems that the show inherited from having 3 generations crammed into 49 episodes. Its pretty obvious that 49 episodes wasn't enough to tell the proper story they wanted to tell in each generation and all of the characters suffer for it. I really wanted more explanation on Zeheart, but never got it.

If you look at the show it seems to be event driven like a video game. Events happen that make no sense within the context of the plot at all. In a video game this is fine, because it makes for exciting bosses and cool battles. For a TV series it just falls flat. Professor Layton is filled with a lot of the things that made AGE fail. They took a video game approach to a TV series and that was their biggest fault.
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
domino

Agree with Red Comet90 but there are a few things they could've and should've done that would make the ending more satisfying:

1. Explain why Zeheart agreed to Ezelcant's plan eventhough it went completely against his way of thinking
2. Allow Zera Gins at least one more episode of exposure during which he does something incredibly badass to show the audience that he really does deserve the title of "the best Vagan pilot-o EVAR"
3. Have Zanald die in battle against one of the Gundams
4. Have Asemu vs Zeheart be a worthwhile fight where Asemu beats Zeheart after a struggle and does just pick the Legalis apart like Legos
5. Explain what happens after the war in further detail
Gundam420

DuelGundam2099 wrote:That last guy has the excuse of burning up in the atmosphere rather than getting shot down.
Doesn't change the fact that he still died.
PSN: (Japan Account) gundaminator
Strike Zero

Actually, you could easily argue that his death was just that. It was Zeheart that he sacrificed his life to save, after all.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
domino

Dole Frost's death was indeed the most stupid ever. He survived a major battle and when he sees his commander plummetting to Earth (after destroying the very thing they were fighting to protect), he decides to throw away his life and save said commander who just ruined the entire mission?
E08

To be honest, one has wonder if Ezelcant has always wanted that plan to fail so that he can get vagans on earth. Besides, Zeheart destroying the plummetting base may not be a bad thing as it ensures that eden is still unharm.
Gundam420

Stupidity or not, point is, he's dead.
YazanGable

I still marvel that somehow Zeheart has enough in-universe charisma to inspire not one but no fewer than three people to lay down their lives for him without so much as a second thought. I dunno, maybe it's just the audience perspective talking here, but I'm not seeing the burning reason here.
domino

Zeheart's ability to gain mindless followers may have SOMETHING to do with the fact that he gets a personal audience (one-on-one sessions) with Ezelcant who is mindlessly worshipped by all of Vagan.
DuelGundam2099

The point was I wouldn't call them "the" worst gundam team, the Black Tri-Stars win that award. "Yes lets do an attack where we rush right in front of beam rifle cross hairs and can easily run into a beam saber with absolutely no defense!" *face palm*
Amion

Gotta agree with Duel. The Tristars were far, far worse than underwhelming. I also got the feeling that Mink and Dole were the core pilots, with the others kinda as add-ons.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
DuelGundam2099

Or living drones like the kiloroids from the Ratchet and Clank games. :lol:
Red Comet90

YazanGable wrote:I still marvel that somehow Zeheart has enough in-universe charisma to inspire not one but no fewer than three people to lay down their lives for him without so much as a second thought. I dunno, maybe it's just the audience perspective talking here, but I'm not seeing the burning reason here.
What bothers me about this is that he shows time and again how much of a crappy commander he is. He can't make correct decisions and he has a bunch of subordinates who constantly mock and make fun of him throughout the entire show. He's dissed on so much, and yet he somehow inspires 3 people. I would have preferred it if he became the laughing stock of vagan to at least be consistent.
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
Gundam420

DuelGundam2099 wrote:
The point was I wouldn't call them "the" worst gundam team, the Black Tri-Stars win that award. "Yes lets do an attack where we rush right in front of beam rifle cross hairs and can easily run into a beam saber with absolutely no defense!" *face palm*
At least the Black Tri-Stars killed people.
teslashark

If I was Zeheart in the next-to-last battle, I'd order Fram and that guy detonate their MSs when engaging CQC and cancel the second launch at last minute. Or, not put Diva on the main firing axis. It would have a slightly bigger chance of nailing a Gundam down...
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
DuelGundam2099

Yeah, a military officer in an unarmed transport. One of the eight managed to kill Remi or whatever her name was, so the whole "killed people" excuse is kind of bad. :P
Gelgoog Jager

DuelGundam2099 wrote:
Yeah, a military officer in an unarmed transport. One of the eight managed to kill Remi or whatever her name was, so the whole "killed people" excuse is kind of bad. :P
LOL, they would have been a deadlier threat had they remained unnamed and/or without faces, just like when they were first introduced. The X-Rounder Corps from 3 Generations did that and managed to have a more or less even fight against named characters (Bisidian and Diva's forces) and the only one that got killed was Deen.