Create the next Gundam TV Series

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Kuruni

Re: Create the next Gundam TV Series

Hmm, my goal is rather low...and you would think I'm joking.

A harem genre (want or unwant, not really matter)
...with lot of moe loli (with really questionable relationship)
...start without major antagonist (something like start of Gundam X, if the Frosties are really freelance), just bunch of people living their life and get in conflict because of that
...and our good old Feddie stereotype (lazy bums that rarely take action, but definitely NOT EVIL, just have too much paper work to fill for mobile their old-but-not-useless GM-like)
...Gundam that's very super robot-ish, but there are plenty of them, and people don't think of it more than high-end MS
...the tone that make you think it's Tokusatsu in anime form.

That's it. Come on, it will get serious eventually, so why start with grim-dark?
My girlfriend was a loli.
Mythgarr

I'd love to see another premise like Gundam X.
Apocalyptic Earth due to colony/asteroid abuse, non factioned mobile suit wars, land ships, mass produced gundams, a pilot that is normal human but can kick ass but still able to smile with full heart. Another young pilot that broods and complaints a lot but when the kicking needs to be done, he can kick. Silent, calm female pilot piloting Heavyarms type gundam.
Bridge bunnies that are actually experimental androids discarded during the war.
Enemies that are combinations of Vultures, big corporation lackeys, and remnant of old war factions.
Then they are facing alien invasions that threaten to eradicate humans due to their violent nature. Some are aligning with the aliens since they cannot actually land on Earth due to magnetic intereference. They cannot use Nuclear because it's against their faith. Basically they want to kill us all but unable to do so in one shot. Need subtle manipulations, gradual corruptions, and step-by-step demolitions.
16 episodes to establish the characters and factions, and the rest are fighting against the aliens with their conspiracies and tactics.
In the end the aliens "win" but only by absorbing humanity into their genetic pools since they have no choice: humanity has too much potentials to be truly wasted. If they can cull out the savage
genes they can be harnessed as good tempate for future sentient beings. That's the true reason they can not just bombard Earth with asteroids.
Visit The Dreams
Kei Katsuragi

Mythgarr wrote:I'd love to see another premise like Gundam X.
Mythgarr wrote:Bridge bunnies that are actually experimental androids discarded during the war.
Mythgarr wrote:Then they are facing alien invasions that threaten to eradicate humans due to their violent nature. Some are aligning with the aliens since they cannot actually land on Earth due to magnetic intereference.
Mythgarr wrote:In the end the aliens "win" but only by absorbing humanity into their genetic pools since they have no choice: humanity has too much potentials to be truly wasted. If they can cull out the savage
genes they can be harnessed as good tempate for future sentient beings. That's the true reason they can not just bombard Earth with asteroids.
Did we see two different Gundam X's? :lol:
ShadowCell

*sigh*

another generic Gundam wishlist thread? really, guys? all these little fanboy dreams are at least as tired and overdone as anything Gundam has ever actually done
Kuruni

...I'm yet to see loli harem in Gundam. :wink:

Then again, I just realize that I want to see outright parody, something like animate Tony's Gundam-san. Where Char is more Char-ish than Char himself being a Char.
ShadowCell

well, okay, something making fun of Gundam would be pretty cool

that or something like Gundam Sousei that gets all meta and wacky

or, i dunno, Gunpla Builders for a few years or something
Mythgarr

Kei Katsuragi wrote:
Did we see two different Gundam X's? :lol:
Nah. I just started with the idea of another "Gundam X" and then expanded from there with other ideas about androids and aliens and stuffs.
Visit The Dreams
Kei Katsuragi

ShadowCell wrote:or, i dunno, Gunpla Builders for a few years or something
I would love another Gunpla Builders. Maybe make "Model Suit Gunpla Builders Continuing H."
Mythgarr wrote:Nah. I just started with the idea of another "Gundam X" and then expanded from there with other ideas about androids and aliens and stuffs.
Your ideas are so oddly specific I wouldn't hold your breath on something like that coming into fruition. Perhaps write a fanfic if the idea interests you all that much. I would read it.
Bryant Molirse

I'd suggest a full length Gunpla Builders series, ditch the odd ball on a horse with a mask, but otherwise do a whole series, and use the whole existing ms catalog. Considering the number of other series that are semi-hobby based, it would give bandai a simple series to develop, and let them pimp the most number of model kits.
WARNING!!! I EDIT My posts in the image threads if there is NO NEW REPLIES!!
Amion

Kei Katsuragi wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:or, i dunno, Gunpla Builders for a few years or something
I would love another Gunpla Builders. Maybe make "Model Suit Gunpla Builders Continuing H."
Mythgarr wrote:Nah. I just started with the idea of another "Gundam X" and then expanded from there with other ideas about androids and aliens and stuffs.
Your ideas are so oddly specific I wouldn't hold your breath on something like that coming into fruition. Perhaps write a fanfic if the idea interests you all that much. I would read it.
Sounds good, but how was Gunpla Builders received? I for one would enjoy it, if only for the fun of having epic battles without a death tole or main characters who want to stupidly not kill anyone in a war.

Although somehow I feel Bandai might be tempted to add strange men dressed in black suits who steal rare gunpla....And settle every fight with a gunpla battle in the conveniently nearby terminal or whatever virtual holograph computer system thingy they use.

One such villain will also have a Catguy as his custom MS of choice. :wink:
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
DuelGundam2099

I'd watch it although Forever Gundam has to come back.
Mythgarr

Kei Katsuragi wrote: Your ideas are so oddly specific I wouldn't hold your breath on something like that coming into fruition. Perhaps write a fanfic if the idea interests you all that much. I would read it.
Well, I'd probably do and Call it Mobile Suit Gundam MORPHEUS....or something.
Visit The Dreams
ShadowCell

well here i have a simple wishlist for the next Gundam show:

1) don't suck
Kei Katsuragi

ShadowCell wrote:well here i have a simple wishlist for the next Gundam show:

1) don't suck
Screw that, I want the next Gundam series to be terrible. So terrible it transcends being bad, and becomes awesome. Like Troll 2. I want the next Gundam series to be a humorous train wreck that will be a guilty pleasure to me.
ShadowCell

that would therefore fulfill every point on my wishlist, because it would warp around from the bad end of the spectrum to the good end, and thus it would not suck

go ahead, bring on Plan 9 From Outer Space Ver Gundam

checkmate
Newtype87

ShadowCell wrote:that would therefore fulfill every point on my wishlist, because it would warp around from the bad end of the spectrum to the good end, and thus it would not suck

go ahead, bring on Plan 9 From Outer Space Ver Gundam

checkmate
And now I'm imagining that Aeolia Schenberg's plans actually included a Plan 9: "Use GN particles to resurrect the dead and make Vampire Gundams to battle the aliens."
"WE ARE THE HARO. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Ascension
"Sucks to be you. Sucks to be you." - Haro
"My godlike powers must be getting rusty." - Graham
Kuruni

...with one episode being recreation of legendary Kuso Miso Technique.

Heck, simply use modified animation from SeeD. Start with Kira, in hurry, looking for toilet...I mean Torii. Then he see "Uho, hot Athrun." sitting on bench, who proceed to unzip his mechanic suit, revealing...uh...haro & Torii, and ask Kira "Well, shall we do it?" (Yaranaika?))

It will be the most memorable episode, really.
AmuroNT1

Kei Katsuragi wrote:I would love another Gunpla Builders. Maybe make "Model Suit Gunpla Builders Continuing H."
Nah, that'd be about people who do battle with makaizou* figures of Gundam heroines.

Anyway, here's my predictions:

1) Protagonist will be a male Japanese teen (14-17) who's introverted, prefers the company of machines to people, and doesn't have many friends, except maybe a totally-not-a-girlfriend who acts as a stand-in mother.

2) He'll get dragged into the conflict when war lands on his front door (possibly literally) and the latest Federation Gundam prototype shows up and he leaps into it to protect his hometown.

3) This will cause the Federation to draft him in spite of the fact that they probably have countless better-trained and actual military personnel around, just because someone has a good feeling that there's something special about this kid.

4) The enemy forces will pilot one-eyed MS, including an olive green one that makes up the bulk of their forces. They'll claim to be brave and noble warriors fighting for freedom when what we'll actually see is that they're a bunch of arrogant elitist douchebags with maybe on or two sympathetic characters thrown in. Viewers will still fawn over them and act like they're the real heroes of the story, showing a surprising reluctance to admit when they do things like gas/drop colonies.

5) The hero's main opposition will come in the form of a mysterious, handsome blond man who wears a mask and pilots red custom MS. This character will be older and more cynical (to contrast with the hero's optimism) and will probably have his own hidden agenda that runs contrary to the leaders of his side.

6) The hero will win his first few battles entirely by the power of his Gundam, skill not included. All the while there'll be vague hints that there really IS something special about him.

6) The hero will be forced to kill enemy soldiers, never mind that that's what you DO in a war. He will sob over how terrible it is that we can't just understand each other and how it's all the fault of narrow-minded adults; bonus points if he's just as much of a jerk as they are.

7) There will be a "big sibling" figure, either a younger adult man who acts like the slick, charming brother you never had or a younger adult woman who's the caring but firm big sister you never had. This character has about a 90% chance of dying somewhere down the line in order to provide tragedy.

8) While the enemy forces crank out MS left and right, the Federation will get nothing except the Gundam, maybe a couple of obvious joke sidekick characters, and the mass produced Gundam, which will have a distinctive white and red-orange paint job and a motorcycle helmet-style visor.

9) At about episode 30 or so, the Gundam will get upgraded/repaired/outright replaced with a much fancier model. If replaced, then the original will be handed down to the big sibling figure whether or not they deserve the upgrade more.

10) The hero will meet an enemy soldier who happens to be a beautiful young woman roughly his age. They'll have a romance in which nobody understands them and ultimately she gets killed piloting some big monster MS/MA (cue more sobbing).

11) The hero's specialness will eventually turn out to be some form of "Hollywood evolution", most likely involving psychic powers which let him remote-control gun drones. Instead of allowing him to understand people better, this will just serve to show him that humans are even bigger bastards than he previously imagined when the enemy fields whole teams of such super-beings in order to defeat him (cue more sobbing).

12) In the end, the big bads will be defeated (more likely than not by their own infighting) and the hero will get one last epic duel with his masked rival in which they try to work out their respective beefs, punctuating every rifle shot and saber swing by screaming about how their mothers didn't love them. The hero will win, probably losing his Gundam in the process, and will crawl out of the war horrendously traumatized for life by all the deaths he's witnessed as a reprise of the cheerful, upbeat J-rock theme song plays over the credits (cue more sobbing).

*Makaizou = "Demon Mod", refers to the act of modifying figures of female characters to be nude and/or sexually explicit.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
ShadowCell

you forgot the part where they divert their course to go look for salt
Kei Katsuragi

You kidding, SC? That Salt Quest was unique to the original series. Instead we would have an episode where our hero meets a gruff but respectable enemy ace pilot with some trademark MS and Monicker. He shows our hero that not all of the villain faction are evil, and it will induce Sobbing(TM) upon his death (caused either directly or indirectly by the hero).