The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-8

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Destiny_Gundam

The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-8

Thread max, new topic, etc, etc.
GNRoyalFlash24 wrote:Today's episode left me hanging in a sour way.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Kei Katsuragi

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-8

I honestly thought this episode was completely brilliant in regards to music and sound direction. The sound director knew which music to swell and when, and it gave a real epic emotion to the events that occurred in this episode. I actually feel like the final battle is looming ahead. The firing of the La Gramis was great in that regard. It felt emotional because of the reactions from the characters, and the music. Derek, this guy who I didn't even know the name of, unintentionally sacrificed himself so others could live. What a great way to kill of a nearly non-existent character (No sarcasm, I'm completely serious).

As for what happened in this episode, I was really hoping that what Seric said to Kio would've gotten through... I was on the edge of my seat saying to myself "This is it... this is it.... this is it..." but Kio looks to be ignoring that. If Zanald didn't come when he did, Kio would be dead :P And I'm sure he's going to use his Burst mode on the La Gramis. I mean, the creator's wouldn't put this gimmick to the AGE-FX if they weren't going to use it.

Favorite moment of the episode was my favorite moment in every episode. The interaction between Seric and Natora :3
Destiny_Gundam

Kei Katsuragi wrote:As for what happened in this episode, I was really hoping that what Seric said to Kio would've gotten through... I was on the edge of my seat saying to myself "This is it... this is it.... this is it..." but Kio looks to be ignoring that. If Zanald didn't come when he did, Kio would be dead :P And I'm sure he's going to use his Burst mode on the La Gramis. I mean, the creator's wouldn't put this gimmick to the AGE-FX if they weren't going to use it.
Well if I had to guess
Spoiler
I'd put my money on Seric getting killed because of Kio's methods, causing Kio to give up on those methods.
Kei Katsuragi

I was thinking that Destiny but the whole "never give up Kio" line from Asemu still tells the audience we are supposed to care that Kio is doing what he is doing.
Amion

I don't care what this ep did wrong otherwise. Even if Kio will become the second coming of Kira. This episode had my precious Ghirarga painted green, just like I always fantasized. :P

Oh, and Zanald did not smash his desk. My one and only complaint. Really, I thought the animation and music were spot-on. Even if it's been a dull ride up till now, I feel this episode reached my expectations I had from last week, even more so than Ambat did at the end of Flit's arc. Kudos to the AGE staff on being able to pull off a good finale.

So far, at least....
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Arbiter GUNDAM

This episode was decent but there were still some facepalm things. AGE passes up a chance to be romantic yet again and for some odd reason Fram just accepts that Zeheart isn't interested in sex. Whatevs.

Natora might be a bit more confident now but that seems mostly due to being emotionally dependent on Seric. Boo.

On the plus side, ZANALD IS THE TRAITOR VILLAIN!!! YEEEEESSSSS!!!!! *smashes coffee table in celebration* Although how much do you want to bet he'll only get next episode to strut his stuff?

I LOVED how everyone kept telling Kio to not save the enemy. They're completely right of course and I almost laughed when the La Gramis beam wiped out that chunk of the Fed fleet and actually said out loud, "Gee Kio, look at the people you FAILED to save."

And I'm kinda getting tired of Flit going on and on about wiping out the Vagan. Either have him frakking do it or just drop it.

So is this Zera guy Ezelcant's clone son?

Here's looking forward to more Zanald douchebaggery. 8)

*smashes dining room table for emphasis*
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Kei Katsuragi

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Natora might be a bit more confident now but that seems mostly due to being emotionally dependent on Seric. Boo.
It's not like she's having emotional breakdowns and runs to Seric for help. In fact she walked away from Seric, and would have continued to do so if Seric didn't feel the need to tell her how to wear a hat. I don't see a problem with their relationship at all. She is a captain, who isn't good at her job, and he is trying to help her. She appreciates that, but you never see her pulling an Other M on the bridge and say "What would Seric do?" I agree that she is more confident because of him but emotionally dependent? Not at all.
Destiny_Gundam

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I almost laughed when the La Gramis beam wiped out that chunk of the Fed fleet and actually said out loud, "Gee Kio, look at the people you FAILED to save."
Right, because it was feasable for him to block a huge beam all by himself? He's no Mu.
Kei Katsuragi

Amion wrote:I don't care what this ep did wrong otherwise. Even if Kio will become the second coming of Kira. This episode had my precious Ghirarga painted green, just like I always fantasized. :P

Oh, and Zanald did not smash his desk. My one and only complaint. Really, I thought the animation and music were spot-on. Even if it's been a dull ride up till now, I feel this episode reached my expectations I had from last week, even more so than Ambat did at the end of Flit's arc. Kudos to the AGE staff on being able to pull off a good finale.

So far, at least....
For the most part, I agree. This episode is solid gold for Gundam AGE, and as long as they execute a good finale, I can forgive a lot from this series. With this episode and the last, I think AGE is shaping up to have a satisfactory finale.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Kei Katsuragi wrote: It's not like she's having emotional breakdowns and runs to Seric for help. In fact she walked away from Seric, and would have continued to do so if Seric didn't feel the need to tell her how to wear a hat. I don't see a problem with their relationship at all. She is a captain, who isn't good at her job, and he is trying to help her. She appreciates that, but you never see her pulling an Other M on the bridge and say "What would Seric do?" I agree that she is more confident because of him but emotionally dependent? Not at all.
Yes, you're right, poor choice of words. Let me rephrase: Natora's a bit more confident now, but I'm no longer expecting her to get a Crowning Moment of Awesome.
Destiny_Gundam wrote: Right, because it was feasible for him to block a huge beam all by himself? He's no Mu.
More like "Take the hint Kio... take the hint... (shakes head) he's not taking the hint.

--Freyja Wion
ShadowCell

that's right, if he'd killed those random Vagan mooks on the Moon instead of just destroying their machines, this never would have happened! obviously the laser is operated by a special corps of Vagan soldiers chosen solely for their having had their mecha destroyed by the AGE-FX.

what?
DuelGundam2099

Right, because it was feasible for him to block a huge beam all by himself? He's no Mu.
That doesn't even make sense, FX has no shield or anything similar to phase shift armor; not to mention this was a far more powerful cannon than what destroyed Strike Gundam.
but I'm no longer expecting her to get a Crowning Moment of Awesome.
Why were you expecting ANYTHING from her?
for some odd reason Fram just accepts that Zeheart isn't interested in sex.
Where was this even IMPLIED!?
Destiny_Gundam

Fram merely accepted that Zeheart only sees her as a subordinate.
DuelGundam2099

^That I understand, what I don't get is where the sex interest part came from (that was just out of left field).
Kei Katsuragi

Arbiter... I may be speaking out of line but, are all yours complaints kind of silly?
Arbiter GUNDAM

but I'm no longer expecting her to get a Crowning Moment of Awesome.
Why were you expecting ANYTHING from her?
I wanted to hope. :) Not that she's useless, mind you.
for some odd reason Fram just accepts that Zeheart isn't interested in sex.
Where was this even IMPLIED!?
Um, when she looked up at him with all that hope in her eyes and a blush on her cheeks,imagining that Zeheart was going to say "I love you," or something equally romantic? It was hyperbole, dude.
Destiny_Gundam wrote:Fram merely accepted that Zeheart only sees her as a subordinate.
^This, also.

--Freyja Wion
DuelGundam2099

Um, when she looked up at him with all that hope in her eyes and a blush on her cheeks,imagining that Zeheart was going to say "I love you," or something equally romantic?
That still did not imply coitus.
It was hyperbole, dude.
That on the other hand.... Actually makes sense.
zerogradius

Ep 46 was definitely one of the better ones in this arc so far. The action was fluid but I wish they could tone down on the quasi-DBZ battle scenes a tad. It was nice to see Wendy getting some relevant air time for a change, I don't think she's had any meaningful interaction with Kio in a while.

Zanald turning traitor was not unexpected, but I thought it would happen after discovering what Ezelcant's true plan was. He's been a loyal follower of Ezelcant thus far, so I wonder what his true intention is by attacking Zeheart. Because he wanted to be the commander? He could have killed him off before that if that was his intention, so I don't understand what he is up to now.

Also, I find it interesting how many named antagonists are left. With Zeheart, Fram, Zanald, Deen, the purple haired guy, Zera, and possibly Ezelcant and Sid, it looks like there might be a big kill count toward the end. I just wish that there was a decent build-up toward the finale instead of ramrodding a bunch of characters we have not seen in some time (Zanald, Deen, purple haired guy) and in the case of Zera, one we have yet to see, right before the finale. I wonder how it will all play out.
domino

Looks like Kio suffered a bit of shock when he saw just how ruthless the Vagan are. It's likely that Kio won't follow Kira's success with the no-killing mentality. After all, the enemy has shown that they can overpower him (without the FX burst mode....whatever that turns out to be). Kio really needs a slap though....he doesn't even TRY to coordinate with his comrades. He just goes out there and does whatever he wants. However, I think we'll see his character develop during these final episodes.

I'm glad that the writers are seeking to tie everything up which makes me think it's likely that SID will also return by the final episode (or some variant of SID). It's too bad that they haven't shown why Deen would get such a high-calibre Vagan MS or explain why Vera is a Vagan super-pilot-o but this is just their style of writing and we'll have to take what we get.
Amion

I think Fram is going to live. She and Zeheart did not break the absolute rule of Gundam. Without those dreaded words of impending doom, "I love you", she will undoubtedly survive. Way to go, Fram, although I am kinda stunned that sex was what some people first thought about when they saw it. :shock:

On another topic...(evil giggle, I've been waiting to say this) but, I told you so! The guy in the tube is undoubtedly an Ezelclone. I knew it from the start that Fark was a clone, not Deen, because he appears inside the tube (I think) before Deen appears as a soldier.

And interestingly, I find it very, very funny that Ezelcant doesn't trust Zeheart's piloting skills so much, even with Legilis, that he makes a clone of himself for battle to "help" Zeheart.

Edit after reading Zerogradius' post: quote: "Also, I find it interesting how many named antagonists are left. With Zeheart, Fram, Zanald, Deen, the purple haired guy"

I just laughed when you started a paragraph about named characters, and yet list the poor pilot as purple haired guy, without giving him an actual name. :lol:
Last edited by Amion on Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.