The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-8

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Kei Katsuragi

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-8

I have another question. Is Kio better or worse than Matt Healy from Lost War Chronicles?
DuelGundam2099

Also, I don't know what the significance is in having a "cheap" Gundam in correlation to being a pacifist.
Who is going to stop him? It also kind of helps his case that both sides have had more people wanting pacifism over war. (unlike in every other Gundam series)
makes it imply that Loran just always pressed a single button and won every battle
Turn A has an attack that teleports lasers in the cockpits. In theory if you destroy the Turn A/X fast enough the MLB won't be an issue. But with teleporting cockpit lasers you might as well wave the white flag. Turn A also has a really powerful I-Field, making non-beam saber weapons useless.
Dude, can you ever NOT rant about Turn A, especially in an AGE thread?
Strange, I was not trying to rant.
Amion

DuelGundam2099 wrote:*reads Chris's reviews* Am I seriously the only person that liked the Moon arc despite the flaws? Seriously? Also if what info on the game ending I read is true than Age really is the Gundam equivalent of Ultraman Cosmos.
Spoiler
Weird pacifist/forgive the bad guy style end confirmed!

You're not alone, Duel. I happened to quite enjoy the moon arc.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

DuelGundam2099 wrote:
Dude, can you ever NOT rant about Turn A, especially in an AGE thread?
Strange, I was not trying to rant.
To be fair Duel, I think it has more to do with how vocal you have been about how Turn A is a terrible show...similar to how you have expressed yourself quite a bit about how Destiny is a great show.

Both opinions don't necessarily have a place here on the Gundam Age thread, so when you say things like "Gundam Age is almost as terrible as Turn A," it does get rather annoying...especially to those of us who like Turn A.

Now to be fair, many people have done almost the opposite here on this thread, where they have said that "Gundam Age is almost (or worse) then Destiny."

However, no one is doing this as frequently as you are in your Turn A comparisons...also, when someone here insults Destiny, you jump right in and defend it and argue against their opinion...which would be fine...if this was a Destiny thread.

I like both series (Turn A and Destiny), but you don't see me jumping in and defending Turn A every time you say something about it nor do you see me jumping in and defending Destiny every time it is called "the worst" as well.

Mostly because neither arguments have a place here and if we all jumped down each other's throats every time someone said something about a series we liked...Age wouldn't be discussed here. It would be chaos.

Now I have been thinking about this for a while...and can someone tell me why Wendy is still on the Diva? I mean, she helps out. But this is the final battle!
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Amion

Soma Taozi wrote:

Now I have been thinking about this for a while...and can someone tell me why Wendy is still on the Diva? I mean, she helps out. But this is the final battle!
Wasn't it because Unoa's tutoring her to be a medic. I know Wendy wants to be a doctor, so getting hands-on experience isn't a bad idea. When she is talking with Kio, I recall her gesturing at the medical supplies in her room and saying she hates that they are necessary. At the least, she's helping Unoa.

Edit: hey, the brat pack of the White Base and Shinta and Qun from Zeta all stayed on the confounded war vessels. So why not a helpful teenage nurse-to be?
DuelGundam2099

To be fair Duel, I think it has more to do with how vocal you have been about how Turn A is a terrible show
Actually I do not think Turn A is terrible nor do I hate the title gundam itself, I simply have a load of nitpicks with it like I do with some other anime series (Code Geass, Nadesico, 90s Giant Robo, Brain Powerd, King Gainer, etc.). If you guys look at my MAL profile in my sig it shows I was at least willing to give it a good score anyway; there was nothing necessarily "wrong", but I was disappointed nonetheless.

Anyway lets get back to Age before things get out of hand.
You're not alone, Duel. I happened to quite enjoy the moon arc.
Thank you, kind sir.
Kei Katsuragi

I liked the Moon Arc too. I for one liked Girard Spriggan.
ZeonsSilverStar

Well it looks like quite a bit has been said about this episode so I guess I'll say something about the next episode, I wholeheartedly look forward to seeing Kio take out Zanald in battle. I'm assuming this is going happen from the previews but I can dream until Sunday when the episode comes out. Now if it does happen my opinion of Kio will improve, if only slightly, and Zanald will get his comeuppance.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
zerogradius

ZeonsSilverStar wrote:Well it looks like quite a bit has been said about this episode so I guess I'll say something about the next episode, I wholeheartedly look forward to seeing Kio take out Zanald in battle. I'm assuming this is going happen from the previews but I can dream until Sunday when the episode comes out. Now if it does happen my opinion of Kio will improve, if only slightly, and Zanald will get his comeuppance.
The only question is who Zanald will take out before he's taken out. I suspect Fram, but it could also be Seric, maybe both.

And I hope we get a logical explanation for Zanald's behaviour. Not liking Zeheart isn't good enough.
ZeonsSilverStar

Both are valid candidates for death at this point in time but a part of me wants to say it'll Fram, I don't want it to be her. We'll find out come Sunday. As for Zanald's decision I don't know what to say. I mean yeah the dude hated Zeheart but he let that hatred make him attack his own allies. The guy could've just been a dick to Zeheart and that would've fine in my opinion. Now I'm going to stop myself before I start ranting in circles and say I hope an explanation is provided as well.

And before I forget Deen is another likely candidate to die though his chances aren't as high as Fram and Seric.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
Outlaw

Chris wrote:If Kio is such a powerful X-Rounder as people like Flit claim, he should be skilled enough to compensate for a decrease in accuracy. But the whole time Rody and Wootbit are outlining the burst mode, his reaction is like he doesn't even care about it and he didn't even ask any questions. He basically dismissed it out of hand without even thinking about its potential uses. Of course, this is all a moot point because the next episode preview already spoiled that he's going to use it anyway.
Well, that's why I said it might point to a lack of confidence on his part. For all we know he might be worried it could turn out like what happened Girard(Reina) at the moonbase. Really, if he had just said something, anything, about why he doesn't want to use it I think it would be easier to swallow.

Indeed we know he'll use it, I'm just guessing his frame of mind up till that point.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Chris
Administrator

Kei Katsuragi wrote:I have another question. Is Kio better or worse than Matt Healy from Lost War Chronicles?
Matt Healy is the worst when it comes to this no kill nonsense. Kio is a moron, but Matt forced his subordinates to comply with his stupidity, to the point that he caused one of his men to die. That's just unforgivable.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
HalfDemonInuyasha

Considering the pattern, the way she chose to stay behind to let Zeheart get away, and the way she's now showing her obvious crush on and devotion to him ala Sarah and Scirocco I'm betting it'll be Fram who gets killed.

Heck, maybe it could be BOTH her and Seric x_x
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
nacho-wan

Shadowcell wrote:well, yeah, you don't tend to have to do much of anything after you've pressed the "I Win" button...

pity the AGE-FX didn't have one of those. doesn't even have a muffin button! way to go, AGE System.

maybe Kio's getting all this hate because AGE hasn't bothered trying to show that his method can actually work: he tried to talk down Fram and she just told him to go to hell, he tried to talk down Spriggan and she just went nuts. then again, if it does, people will just bitch about that anyway, so i guess what he really needed after all is the "I Win" button.
I bet that "Burst Mode" is this season's "I Win button".
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
HalfDemonInuyasha

There needs to be a (believable) balance really. But yeah, people will find some reason to bitch about it regardless.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
Amion

This isn't a legit excuse or explanation for Zeheart's totally messed up character. Obviously bad writing is the main reason for Zeheart's total ooc. Still, here's my in-story excuse for his behavior.

I think Zeheart has been following slightly the development that Char went through in just fifty episodes. Now technically, Zeheart has actually lived longer then any other char clone to date. He's woken up, fought, gone to cold sleep and awakened again to find that the world has yet to change and the war still raging. People grow weary as they age, and I think possibly the 'boredom' he displays was actually disgust at the way his world was.

He cared about his subordinates, but that doesn't mean there were dark thoughts going on in his head, especially when listening to his almost cruel tone when he commences the slaughter of Olivernotes. Ezelcant just detailed to him a way to change the world from what he was growing tired of. And giving him total control over this. What came thereafter was a power seizure that completed his corruption.

Now again, of course we can never know for sure this is what he was thinking during Kio's arc, because the writers never gave us a chance to get into his thoughts. The only thing close is his apparent brooding moments that can be ambiguously interpreted.

Well, that's my in-show explanation that I use to explain why Zeheart has decided to play god. Now all this having been said, I don't really care about Zeheart, so he can just go ahead and die. :twisted: ...With Kio.
HalfDemonInuyasha

I guess what seemed weird was having Zeheart argue a bit with Ezelcant and actually showing a bit of doubt in his plans as he sees Asemu was telling him the truth in that Ezelcant's whole plan wasn't what Zeheart kept believing it to be nor what Ezelcant kept preaching to the other Vagan. It actually appeared that Zeheart just might end up turning away from him.

But for him to just so suddenly embrace it SO completely as he did right after just feels odd.

The main difference between him and Char being how even though Zeheart may have lived longer, but a lot of that was in cold sleep while Char has had more up close and personal experiences (from a kid to the end) that defined him more and more until we get his ultimate final character in CCA.
yazi88

Oh man... :(
Spoiler
My favorite character of Generation 3, Seric bought the farm...
2NA Fish

Oh wow, for the fight scenes, this week for a moment I thought I was watching Getter Robo. Then for another moment it felt like GaoGaiGar. That was pretty fun. :lol:

Pretty good episode if only because there isn't that much plot left to mess up. All they gotta do is bring it home now.
reeoyuy

Spoiler
I'm sure some people will hate Kio even more after he pussied out and not killing Zanald, but somehow I see it mirroring Flit's action in Ambat of letting Desil go.
To be honest though, I'm disappointed that Kio didn't finish the job. But I wonder if he really did that, would it be right if we praise his action, and think that he redeems his character for killing someone?