Sword Art Online

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Destiny_Gundam

Re: Sword Art Online

Pretty sure we're all up to date (ep 10, ep 11 airs tomorrow) here.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
NastyNate

Yeah I checked. Well that's really cool that crunchy roll is on top of things that much for their premium members. I thought no one was faster than fan subs but it says tomorrow they will have it.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Compass

That's because they simulcast it and pre-sub it. Hard to beat a subbing group that subs the episode before it releases x_x
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Destiny_Gundam

If the ANN debacle taught us one thing, it's that they get the episodes weeks before it even airs.

But Crunchy does have simulcasts that come out several hours after the airing. I think it depends on how long the Japanese companies want them to wait.
NastyNate

that is down right impressive.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

Compass

This episode was so warm and fuzzy and a departure from the rest of the series! Daisuke!
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Destiny_Gundam

So what's the verdict on Asuna this episode? Sexist stereotype for getting all scared by a ghost story, or strong kick ass woman for taking care of business while Kirito just watches? :lol:

It's all a-okay in my book. Wouldn't be believable if she didn't have a few weaknesses.

And another cute girl appears. So nice~ ;)
Compass

The serious sandwich clause. :lol: http://imageshack.us/a/img571/1969/mpch ... 031522.png

I think I like this because it's refreshing. There's no frequently-spammed tropes or anything to distort the fact that it's a good story, well-drawn, and relatively well-paced.

The time-skip for 2 years from beginning to episode 7 starts to feel more necessary and appropriate. Imagine if Kirito and Asuna had started being friends in Ep 2. They'd get stuck on Level 22 and be like... Level 30 or 40 and be totally not awesome :P
NastyNate

Poor Shirito and Asuno they where having so much fun until that bum liability Yui came along and ruined things. Reminds me of Carlton in Victory. It is good to see an anime characters expressing their feelings this early on. Shirito to me does not deserve Asuno though. He is just a kid and she seems to be more of an adult. But this was one of my favorite episodes. Before this show has been almost nothing story like of .hack but now that we have this special character yui I am getting the .hack vibe. Oh and it sure is a good thing that shirito and asuno can actually see what each other in real life so they don't have any of that girl on guy oops I'm actually a girl sukasa had. :P

NastyNate

A friend of mine made a response to my post on facebook
"haha yeah it was a pretty good episode. And I agree, I was getting some .hack vibes when Yui caused that kind of shift in the virtual world. I think Kirito needs someone like Asuna to get his life back on track, imo. In the real world, he was great at kendo like his sister, then kind of regressed; stopping his kendo, playing games all the time, losing social connectivity with people... she's opened him up and I think in the end he'll change for the better because of her."
I think he makes a really good point.

iCards

Just finished the episode and it was very heartwarming.

Relaxed Asuna (Most of the Episode) is very different from Front lines Asuna (the last three minutes) which makes since when you are not dealing with jerks or bosses all day. The Childish nature at the beginning may feel weird but I think it fits since this is probably her first vacation in since the game started. Probably Kirito's too considering how much he enjoyed teasing the ghost story.
Spoiler
Yui is introduced pretty straight from the novel and it was fun watching her time with Kirito and Asuna, being called 'Mama' really woke up Asuna's maternal nature.

In the novel the writer said Kirito had to fight those soldiers too, I am glad they changed to just Asuna because this Arc was told from her POV in the novel, and to be honest who wouldn't run away from a girl saying they will slash you all day, especially with the look Asuna had on her face.

Plus, Kirito gets his own awesome moment next chapter, and IT makes sense.

The last scene of the episode freaked me out a little, and I know what is going on that is good execution on the staffs part. I can't remember if that scene was actually in the Novel?
Compass

The episode itself is shown from a 3rd person Asuna focus as a whole. Note how most of the episode consists of Kirito sleeping or helping carry the story along. Huehuehuehue.

Edit - Forgot to mention. Asuna's fear of scary things is actually mentioned in this short story as being pretty severe. She was afraid of going through the horror-themed Level 66/67 floor because of all the zombies and stuff IIRC :lol:
tehprognoob

Yui is...

I'm not saying anything. Some serious shit is gonna hit the fan next episode.

Kirito deserves Asuna on a basis not really connected to his "manly merit." Again I point to the novel and Asuna's entire backstory, in which Kirito plays such a huge role.

Also, the loss to Heathcliff was not avoidable...due to
Spoiler
Admin privileges rofl
Anyone else think that Heathcliff's shield resembles a second sword? He uses it like one, at any rate.
Faithful soldier of the Hatsune Miku Scout Force

Compass

He used his shield as a sheath as well. It's rare to see a scabbard in a shield. I haven't seen one in ages.
Destiny_Gundam

They really gotta stop giving certain characters the same voice actors. Totally makes the twist obvious.
Compass

Destiny_Gundam wrote:They really gotta stop giving certain characters the same voice actors. Totally makes the twist obvious.
I'm not sure what you're referencing here.
Janx_Dolaris

I'm going to guess that Yui is some sort of ghost of that girl who died when Kirito first joined a guild.
Destiny_Gundam

Compass wrote:
Destiny_Gundam wrote:They really gotta stop giving certain characters the same voice actors. Totally makes the twist obvious.
Spoiler
Kayaba and Heatcliff have the same VA.
Compass

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Compass wrote:
Spoiler
Kayaba and Heatcliff have the same VA.
I knew that... but...
Spoiler
When does Kayaba say something? o_O
Destiny_Gundam

In episode 1.

However it appears I was mistaken. They are voiced by different people.