The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-7

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
zerogradius

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-7

Amion wrote:Comparing Zeheart with Katejina is pretty good, at least if he stays mad. I can still see his totally messed up character turning around and reverting or changing again. who knows, maybe Fram will talk since into him. (moments before her helmet cracks, insuring death)
Even though Zeheart's transformation happened too quickly, at least we got to see why he turned mad, unlike with Katejina, where fans where left to speculate. I'm hoping that Victory Gundam will get its own trio of compilation movies so stuff like that could be better explained, but I know it's a long shot.
Ah, I don't understand why everyone is attacking AGE for having too much to wrap up when we haven't even seen what the staff has planned. Need it be said that the original MSG got only a few episodes to wrap up what Tomino originally wanted to be a full extra ten or so episodes? It can still be done.
I believe that all those things can be addressed in one form or another, but that other things will be sacrificed for it, for example, Kio and Wendy's 'relationship,' which already has gotten so little traction.
ShadowCell

i don't think they really need to develop Kio and Wendy's "relationship" anyways, to be honest. it's not like there's much of anything there to start with, nor do they have to account for some Kio Jr. or somewhere, nor have they ever pretended that Wendy is some sort of important character or something. so at this point, with a bunch of big plot points to wrap up, trying to convince us that there really is a relationship between them is sort of like trying to convince us there was a relationship between Setsuna and Feldt. they might as well not bother.
kayone73

Strike Zero wrote:Okay, you know what, it's starting to bug me now, so that we might settle it once and for all:

It's spelled SID.

Everybody good?

Okay, carry on.

Thank you, this was bugging me too. It's like some ppl never heard of 'romanized' spelling
Kuruni

Most likely because some people just doesn't trust romanization, since sometime it doesn't make sense.

But in this case, I see no point why someone would choose <SIGH> Shido over Sid, other than the indirect way to say "Shit", that is.
My girlfriend was a loli.
YazanGable

kayone73 wrote:
Strike Zero wrote:Okay, you know what, it's starting to bug me now, so that we might settle it once and for all:

It's spelled SID.

Everybody good?

Okay, carry on.
Thank you, this was bugging me too. It's like some ppl never heard of 'romanized' spelling
In this case, Bandai kind of indirectly brought this one onto themselves.

The big reason for the confusion is that the official English subs they had made for the South-East Asian audiences used 'Shido' as the romanization.

and so, Bandai created yet another battle in the Gundam romanization wars.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Or with Studio Nue not being able to spell Sharon Apple correctly anymore.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
DuelGundam2099

The big reason for the confusion is that the official English subs they had made for the South-East Asian audiences used 'Shido' as the romanization.
Well, that explains how I got confused. :lol:
HellCat

Essentially:

Official YouTube upload episode title: Cid the Destroyer

Official Youtube upload episode subtitles: Shido

Official Japanese website: Sid

So, yeah. It makes sense there would be confusion as I said on Sunday. Right now, it's a case of picking which you prefer.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
kayone73

YazanGable wrote:
kayone73 wrote:

It's spelled SID.

Everybody good?

Okay, carry on.
In this case, Bandai kind of indirectly brought this one onto themselves.

and so, Bandai created yet another battle in the Gundam romanization wars.
Those 'official' subs released for both Gundam Seed HD remaster and Age are pretty poor quality (at least for the english) and chock full of errors, mispellings, lazy transliterations (like Shido) and sometimes just plain absent when the characters are speaking and nothing appears on screen. So the gundam.info channel subs I really put zero stock in. They probably do just as poor a job with the chinese and korean subs as well.
zerogradius

ShadowCell wrote:i don't think they really need to develop Kio and Wendy's "relationship" anyways, to be honest. it's not like there's much of anything there to start with, nor do they have to account for some Kio Jr. or somewhere, nor have they ever pretended that Wendy is some sort of important character or something. so at this point, with a bunch of big plot points to wrap up, trying to convince us that there really is a relationship between them is sort of like trying to convince us there was a relationship between Setsuna and Feldt. they might as well not bother.
But if nothing happens between Wendy and Kio, what would have been the purpose of her being in the show in the first place? For that reason alone, I think something will happen between the two before the end, but it will be even more rushed than Asemu and Romary's sudden pairing.

What I really don't understand is why each Asuno was a given a love interest just to ignore them 95% of the time before a relationship sprouts out of nowhere.
ZeonsSilverStar

Due to the premise of the show Flit and Asemu having love interests made sense, even if neither one was actually given sufficient screen time. I guess you could blame that on time constraints or a mind set of the destination is more important than the journey. Of course thats just speculation on my part. Now all that being said I don't see why we need Wendy since her role was somewhat filled by Lu.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
YazanGable

zerogradius wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:i don't think they really need to develop Kio and Wendy's "relationship" anyways, to be honest. it's not like there's much of anything there to start with, nor do they have to account for some Kio Jr. or somewhere, nor have they ever pretended that Wendy is some sort of important character or something. so at this point, with a bunch of big plot points to wrap up, trying to convince us that there really is a relationship between them is sort of like trying to convince us there was a relationship between Setsuna and Feldt. they might as well not bother.
But if nothing happens between Wendy and Kio, what would have been the purpose of her being in the show in the first place? For that reason alone, I think something will happen between the two before the end, but it will be even more rushed than Asemu and Romary's sudden pairing.

What I really don't understand is why each Asuno was a given a love interest just to ignore them 95% of the time before a relationship sprouts out of nowhere.
You'd have a point had this show not already proven it doesn't mind introing characters whose presence doesn't really add anything in the long run (Max, Arisa, take a bow you two.)
nacho-wan

Compass wrote:I am having a hard time imagining how this series will wrap up in 4 episodes. Think of it this way...

We had the EXA-DB plot-line, built up over episode after episode... basically concluded in a single episode.

Now, we have several plots to wrap up:

La Gramis
Second Moon
Lu's Brother
Test Tube Pilot
Ezelcant

It just gets worse and worse as things appear, as usual, to be poorly paced.
You forgot something: Zanald "Desk smasher" Beihart and his treasonous plot (otherwise another wasted character).

I bet at the end, Ezelcant or Zeaheart drop second moon on Earth, because it is the Char thing to do. Maybe, just maybe they might get creative and had Sid/EXA DB hack the thing and use it to wipe humanity or any other nonesense.
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Mythgarr

So many questions, oh so many.

How can Sid survive after being stabbed in the neck and it seems said neck seems to be intact?
What would Sid do with the apparently intact EXA-DB's "idol in a tube"? Is that an asteroid harvesting nano robot factory?

And does the previous "catastrophic wars" somehow involves "Gundams" and "Mono-Eye enemies?"
Visit The Dreams
Overlord Zaru

So the AGE game is almost out...

Can we talk it here or on the Game section of this forum?
ShadowCell wrote: Zanald is so disappointed in you he's going to smash a desk for every time you people disappoint him. there will be no desks for the little schoolchildren of Vagan because Zanald will have smashed them all. i hope you people are happy.
Chris
Administrator

Overlord Zaru wrote:So the AGE game is almost out...

Can we talk it here or on the Game section of this forum?
Where do you think discussion about a video game should go? :P
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
DuelGundam2099

Also the game is confirmed to have multiple endings so nobody try to spoil the events of the last episode because that will not work.
HellCat

I've said it before but in terms of love interests the big problem is that the show treats it as a forgone conclusion and so didn't put the effort in to justify them in story. We knew from the first announcements basically that Flit would wind up with Emily and Asemu with Romary, but the show did nothing to actually make it work outside that. The whole idea of exploring 3 generations of a single family was one of the things I was most excited for in AGE, hopeful we'd get to see some rich development of Flit's lifetime before passing it on to Asemu and in turn Kio. But instead, nothing. Token scenes and the women being told 'Shut up and make a baby!'

All of my favourite Gundam shows had well developed romances to some degree like Domon and Rain or Patrick and Kati. For AGE, the premise means this should have been a requirement. I would love to know why the director and script writer felt otherwise.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Amion

HellCat wrote:I've said it before but in terms of love interests the big problem is that the show treats it as a forgone conclusion and so didn't put the effort in to justify them in story. We knew from the first announcements basically that Flit would wind up with Emily and Asemu with Romary, but the show did nothing to actually make it work outside that. The whole idea of exploring 3 generations of a single family was one of the things I was most excited for in AGE, hopeful we'd get to see some rich development of Flit's lifetime before passing it on to Asemu and in turn Kio. But instead, nothing. Token scenes and the women being told 'Shut up and make a baby!'

All of my favourite Gundam shows had well developed romances to some degree like Domon and Rain or Patrick and Kati. For AGE, the premise means this should have been a requirement. I would love to know why the director and script writer felt otherwise.
Wasn't it supposed to be because AGE is meant for young boys who supposedly would find romance a big turn-off? No evidence of this suggests this as far as I am aware, so that is conjecture. Still, I'm sure it was something along those lines.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Which seems a little strange to me. Most Gundam is ostensibly aimed at the 15 and up crowd, yes? So if AGE is aimed at pre-teen boys... er, why then is romance and/or fanservice okay for kids a few years older but not the other way 'round?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion