The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-7

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
2NA Fish

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-7

Last week: Hurhurhur Girard sounds like a guy's name. Gonna make fun of her and call her Gerard.

This week: Well dang....

I think this episode was a bit off. Spending the time on Gerard's story threw out the pace of the battle, but it looks like it's building to something big next week, so here's hoping it'll be worth it.
iCards

Well they did a better job than I thought they would do with "Girad" Spriggen; it was easy to understand and believe her character. It looks like things are about to wrap up on the moon.
DuelGundam2099

That........ Had to be one of the best episodes of the series. :shock: If Reina and/or Fram die in the next episode, can we call Kio the Pimp of Death? :lol:
Destiny_Gundam

I have no problems with her backstory itself, but it would have been more effective if she was a constant figure throughout this gen. Not as much sympathy is invoked since we were only introduced to her a few episodes ago.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
anonena

anyone notice amuro? LOL
Kei Katsuragi

Destiny_Gundam wrote:I have no problems with her backstory itself, but it would have been more effective if she was a constant figure throughout this gen. Not as much sympathy is invoked since we were only introduced to her a few episodes ago.
I agree, as much as I sympathize with her, I think if she was present at the beginning (perhaps combine her character with Shanalua?) then this episode would have been more effective. With that being said, I did like this episode a lot. I want some serious pay off for all this build up of her character.
HellCat

I think it was a two fold thing. For one, last week Fram showed that not everyone is going to sign on with Kio and that at this point many Vagan will likely see disarming as an insult to all that have died already for their cause. This week, Kio encounters a traitor who happens to be a powerful X-Rounder and again tries the reason route. Yet again he's refused because said pilot has a personal score to settle. Really these are completely logical counter arguments to encounter to Kio's stance and past Gundam shows have perhaps ignored them.

There's also the fact I took it as 'This is a sample of what the Federation is doing. We're showing you Spriggan's story but consider all the thousands of others being screwed around by the Federation that we aren't'. Her story is personally tragic but it's a quick way to get at the fact that the Federation is seriously rotten itself. Maybe even that Kio is damaging his own crusade to associate with such a government.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
latenlazy

This episode...what is this I don't even.
Kei Katsuragi

latenlazy wrote:This episode...what is this I don't even.
Use words latenlazy, words. Tell us what you thought about this episode?
ShadowCell

i'm pretty much down with anyone who decides to make fun of Zeheart, and making fun of Fram doesn't hurt either, so points to you, Girard Spriggan
PowerdGNFlag

That X-Rounder resonance thing back from Season 1 is coming back to bite us in the ZOINKS. It's that or Gerard Fornell is saying hi. (Come to think of it, that's the most X-Rounders in one battle that we've seen so far.)
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
Kei Katsuragi

Zeheart is a black hole on enjoyment. Every time he is on screen I immediately get bored. At least in Gen 2, we had Woolf to counter that balance out. So yes, points to Spriggan for making fun of Zeheart.
teslashark

DuelGundam2099 wrote:That........ Had to be one of the best episodes of the series. :shock: If Reina and/or Fram die in the next episode, can we call Kio the Pimp of Death? :lol:
http://img13.poco.cn/mypoco/myphoto/201 ... 233040.jpg
They both know what's gonna happen.
Rena:"I just made my debut, I can't just leave!"
Pram:"I will guard Zehart sama!"
ShadowCell wrote:i'm pretty much down with anyone who decides to make fun of Zeheart, and making fun of Fram doesn't hurt either, so points to you, Girard Spriggan
I wish someone can seriously troll Old Flit (as in Old Snake) now.
HellCat wrote:I think it was a two fold thing. For one, last week Fram showed that not everyone is going to sign on with Kio and that at this point many Vagan will likely see disarming as an insult to all that have died already for their cause. This week, Kio encounters a traitor who happens to be a powerful X-Rounder and again tries the reason route. Yet again he's refused because said pilot has a personal score to settle. Really these are completely logical counter arguments to encounter to Kio's stance and past Gundam shows have perhaps ignored them.

There's also the fact I took it as 'This is a sample of what the Federation is doing. We're showing you Spriggan's story but consider all the thousands of others being screwed around by the Federation that we aren't'. Her story is personally tragic but it's a quick way to get at the fact that the Federation is seriously rotten itself. Maybe even that Kio is damaging his own crusade to associate with such a government.
The device being experimented is Flit's bootlegged Mucell, so maybe that's why Flit launched to tell his grandson stop talking. Since Kio is the intended user of the XR device, so he sure has a lot of talking to do if Rena finds out.

EDIT: please use the Edit button instead of double-posting

~ShadowCell
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

*sigh* I'm rather saddended by this "Flit is so cool for shouting 'EXTERMINATE THE VEGANS!'" disease going around the 'net. If this were any other character he'd be called an emo psychopath, but because he's not a teenage character anymore.......... :roll:

I refuse to accept any character who rants of or cries out desires for genocide as any form or synonym of "cool." Flit's bordering on a psychopath who either needs a serious wakeup slap, or be put down like the rabid dog he is. Heck, even the son he raised doesn't agree with his "Vegans are all evil" views anymore, and Asem never even saw what the Vegans are really like back in their home. Kio needs to give his grandpa a heavy b*tchslap.
Destiny_Gundam

I agree that the Vagans need to be stopped but Flit just takes it way too far. "The Vagans did all sorts of horrible things to us... So obviously we have to be just like them and return the favor!" Wasn't it Ghandi that said "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"?
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

Ghandi never saw his homeland get demolished by Gafrans as a child.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
latenlazy

Kei Katsuragi wrote:
latenlazy wrote:This episode...what is this I don't even.
Use words latenlazy, words. Tell us what you thought about this episode?
Hahaha, that's the problem, I had no words for this episode, at least nothing positive.

At this point I'm watching simply to see how this ends. While I see what they're trying to do with Girard Spriggan, it's wayy too forced, wayy too late, and wayy too underdeveloped. At this point they're really just trying to insert more drama than what their poorly built plot structure can handle. As always, the execution was beyond shoddy. I facepalmed when they did the entire "oh he's dead" reveal with quiet nurse doing forced awkward head tilt. Am not pleased by weak sympathy buys :|

That said, the action was enjoyable.
GX9900-Gundam-X

ShadowCell wrote:AGE is pretty much written like a video game anyways (the Gundam even levels up when it gets enough experience), so for all i know it would actually work better that way.
A bit late to the party but this makes sense seeing as Level 5 is a video game company also while i am sure it wont end well Girard is one hell of a decent antagonist
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
Raptor

It is interesting to note that Flit hated the UE, but didn't really go into his Dalek mode until Yurin. So, question must be raised.

Had Yurin lived, would Flit be genocidal?

-Raptor, out.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I'm going to have ten people run across a field, five of which I believe have superior qualities. I shall then toss a grenade in front of them to see who survives even though that course of action might kill all the people I wanted to save.
E08

teslashark wrote: The device being experimented is Flit's bootlegged Mucell, so maybe that's why Flit launched to tell his grandson stop talking. Since Kio is the intended user of the XR device, so he sure has a lot of talking to do if Rena finds out.
Isnt it a bit too early to say that device is created by Flit and is intended for Kio? Although we are not told when the testing take place, the most likely period is slightly before Asemu's arc(if the G-Bouncer lookalike turns out to be the original unit before Woolf's customization) and after it(if that unit is a MP version of G-Bouncer). It doesnt make sense that they are testing a G-Bouncer lookalike if it took place after Kio is born cause that seems a bit too late....

Flit's attitude towards Girard is similar to how he asked Kio to forget about Asemu becasue he is now a pirate and not with the EF.