The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-7

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
ShadowCell

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-7

AGE probably would've benefited more from 00's midseason break than 00 did. have us watch Flit for a while, then stop the episodes for a few months and let the events from Flit's arc sink in; plus, then there's a real-world gap in time to separate us from 14-year-old Flit and suddenly 40-year-old Flit and his 17-year-old son. it would necessitate more episodes for each protagonist, but that's a good thing anyways, because cramming three protagonists and sixty years into fifty episodes has so far been pretty rough.
2NA Fish

I get the feeling sometimes that Age was originally planned to be just Kio's arc, with Flit and Asem's stories as flashbacks. That would explain why looking back, not a lot happened in the first 2 arcs comparatively.

Anyways, this week's episode... felt like a bit of a waste. We got some good development on the rank and file Vagans(which only needed ONE line). On the other hand, Girard.... made a good point, but sooooo much effort to make it?
teslashark

Never, ever piss off the nerd in charge of your pimped MS when your are going to impress your chick, original Girald.
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
DuelGundam2099

On one hand the action was very good what with epic funnel hijacking and Age-1's rolling beam rifle, an 08th MS Team reference (yay hover trucks!), and at long last a Victory reference (Girad acting like Katejina in the final episode). On the other hand they had something going with the whole "the Federation is corrupt" idea and what do they do? They go "oh, that cover up happened just so one vagan ally can convert a soldier to our side!" Man Age, way to drop the ball (and hard). Even Turn A got better by this point!

Oh yeah and GINO (Gundam in name only) comes back next episode. :roll:
HellCat

This is the first time they've made a V reference? What about Shanalau borrowing pretty heavily from the likes of Marbet and the Shrikes?

Although as I've related in another thread I'm tired of the 'psychotic Cyber-Newtype' idea, this at least felt like a fresh spin. Spriggan hijacking all the remote weapons and then forcing the MS to fight each other for her own amusement is actually pretty scary.
I guess Ezalcant is right and X-Rounders are a dangerous regression. Maybe this is why Flit has become less stable with age?
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
DuelGundam2099

What about Shanalau borrowing pretty heavily from the likes of Marbet and the Shrikes?
I saw no correlation.
HellCat

DuelGundam2099 wrote:
What about Shanalau borrowing pretty heavily from the likes of Marbet and the Shrikes?
I saw no correlation.
The mentoring of Kio that borders somewhere between older sister and mother? The fact during her time in the show she seemed to be one of the few with visible regret they were having a child pilot the Gundam? The fact Kio watches her die in a tragic way right in front of him?

It's the most V thing in Kio's arc next to the fact they added more V2 elements to the AGE-3 after previously it was more ZZ.
DuelGundam2099

The fact Kio watches her die in a tragic way right in front of him?
Marbet lived to the end of the series....
The mentoring of Kio that borders somewhere between older sister and mother? The fact during her time in the show she seemed to be one of the few with visible regret they were having a child pilot the Gundam?
Sister maybe, but mother? No.
HellCat

I did say a cross between Marbet AND the Shrikes.
zerogradius

Ep 43 wasn't bad, but it wasn't all that good either. Girad Spriggan was definitely an interesting character, but was introduced way too late for me to care as much as I would have if she was around earlier. I'm not really sure what the point is of highlighting the EF's corruption with her now. It also would have been better if her relationship with Zeheart was explored further, as he did seem genuinely concerned for someone he barely even knew. What's more is that I can't understand why the Vegan, knowing how powerful and unstable Spriggan is, did not give her a device to wear similar to what Zeheart has. Seems that would have saved a lot of grief.
Spoiler
And I'm not sure if I missed something, but how did Second Moon get to the earth's orbit? Did they suddenly develop some new technology to move it, or were they able to do so all along?
Outlaw

zerogradius wrote:
Spoiler
And I'm not sure if I missed something, but how did Second Moon get to the earth's orbit? Did they suddenly develop some new technology to move it, or were they able to do so all along?
Spoiler
There was the time skip after Kio got back from Mars. While it might still be hard to believe it's not like they moved it in just a few days.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
zerogradius

Outlaw wrote:
zerogradius wrote:
Spoiler
Spoiler
There was the time skip after Kio got back from Mars. While it might still be hard to believe it's not like they moved it in just a few days.
Spoiler
My issue isn't the time it took to move it, but that it was moved at all. I really hope this is explained because I cannot understand why they would move it now and not 70 years ago when their MSs far outshined the EF's.
Kei Katsuragi

Spoiler
Okay, okay let me get this straight. MAS RADIATION!! ZOMG WE ARE DYING FROM MARS RADIATION!!! Oh wait, we can move the damn thing? ..... Ya know, I think that would be the point the average everyday Vagan would call bullshit on Ezelcant.
Anyway, what's with this Gundam Legilis thing? It has a V, a little camera thing on the top of its head, and the red chin thing. As well, it has the classic color scheme. Looks more like a Gundam than say, the Turn A or the Delta.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7234/7386 ... e7a0_z.jpg

Also, the action in this episode was cool. I thought the 3v3 battle between Girard, Fram, Zeheart, Kio, Flit, and Asemu was intense. Seric stole the show in this episode. I digged his front line battle, infiltration, and negotiations. If this was a better paced show then a whole episode could have been dedicated to an intense Lunar base attack.

My favorite moment was at the very end when Kio stopped Flit from shooting Zeheart and Fram as they retreated. It was a nice little character moment that I will like to see expanded in the next episode.

And... Girard died. That sucks... I liked her :P
Outlaw

Kei Katsuragi wrote:Anyway, what's with this Gundam Legilis thing? It has a V, a little camera thing on the top of its head, and the red chin thing. As well, it has the classic color scheme.
I believe it's been already been discussed and the only consensus that could be come to is that if it's called a Gundam it's a Gundam. :roll:
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Kei Katsuragi

Sorry, I meant, why don't people think it's LIKE a Gundam?
Outlaw

Kei Katsuragi wrote:Sorry, I meant, why don't people think it's LIKE a Gundam?
No need to apologize, the fault falls on me for not accurately articulating my thought.
What I was saying was it doesn't matter in the long run because of the fact that the only universal qualifier to be a Gundam is simply to be called a Gundam. So people can debate or argue all they want but in the end the point is moot. As for why? Who knows maybe they don't like it's aesthetic.
DuelGundam2099

I acknowledge Legilis is a gundam, it just doesn't have anything gundam-y outside of the name and colors.
Kei Katsuragi

DuelGundam2099 wrote:I acknowledge Legilis is a gundam, it just doesn't have anything gundam-y outside of the name and colors.
:cry: is a V not good enough for you?
DuelGundam2099

You have LOOKED at Legilis, right?