The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-7

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
MarshalBraginsky

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-7

If we're going to compare Kio to Kira, shouldn't he be called Jesus Asuno then?
ShadowCell

because we totally didn't have enough forced, hackneyed comparisons already
MarshalBraginsky

Although I could sense that AGE only has a few chances to redeem itself or it may not end well.
Janx_Dolaris

MarshalBraginsky wrote:If we're going to compare Kio to Kira, shouldn't he be called Jesus Asuno then?
He doesn't really seem to have kira's untouchable quality, he just has his no-killing policy and beliefs more or less.
mobiusdiablo

Okay, seriously, what the hell. What the HELL?!

Zeheart, seriously dude. WHY. You get suspicions of your leader being a genocidal madman, confirm that this is indeed the case, go and confront said madman about it, and he literally spells it out for you. You call him someone aspiring to be a dictator (which the irony is so damn rich), and then rightfully call him out on trying to play GOD. He then says no, and makes no attempt to dissuade that claim beyond ctrl-f'ing and search and replace "god" with "light/light of humanity". And then he asks you to take over the project, and doesn't care if he's a madman. And Zeheart goes "Yeaaaaaah I like the cut of this guy's jib."

WHAT. THE. HELL.

And essentially, that's all that really goes on in this ep beyond setting up for the side quest (nice analogy, Sid is Bonus Boss :P.) and the supposed final battle at the molecule cannon. Man, I wish they had a different writing team - if Zeheart was really going to wait and let Ezelcant die, then pull a Haman and push him through Death's door after he called you the new head of Eden. The Vagans seem gullible enough to buy pretty much anything, say he wanted to commit seppeku or something!
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
ShadowCell

ironically, putting Zeheart in charge of all of Vagan just proves once and for all that Ezelcant doesn't care about the Vagan people
mobiusdiablo

ShadowCell wrote:ironically, putting Zeheart in charge of all of Vagan just proves once and for all that Ezelcant doesn't care about the Vagan people
ROFLMAO Shadow, you have NO idea how much that line amused me. Thank you.
From 00 S2 ep 25

Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
Janx_Dolaris

ShadowCell wrote:ironically, putting Zeheart in charge of all of Vagan just proves once and for all that Ezelcant doesn't care about the Vagan people
And apparently neither does Zeheart, he just does stuff to imitate char and various char-like characters.

Is he going to remember the names of every vagan he killed for Elcazant's plan?
mobiusdiablo

Janx_Dolaris wrote:
And apparently neither does Zeheart, he just does stuff to imitate char and various char-like characters.

Is he going to remember the names of every vagan he killed for Elcazant's plan?
That's why he has the Vagan Census :P Cuz the plan will likely involve

1: Zeheart killing most or all of the, and it turns out to be easier to cross out the ones still alive than the ones dead

or

2: Flit does the killing, and it becomes VERY easy to go by who's alive instead of dead.
From 00 S2 ep 25

reeoyuy

I kinda forgot, does Zeheart's side project of finding EXA-DB location is Ezelcant's direct order or his own initiative that he hides from Zanald and his boss? Maybe he does have his own plan for EXA-DB.
Chris
Administrator

reeoyuy wrote:I kinda forgot, does Zeheart's side project of finding EXA-DB location is Ezelcant's direct order or his own initiative that he hides from Zanald and his boss? Maybe he does have his own plan for EXA-DB.
No, it's a direct order from Ezelcant. Ezelcant was the one who told him about the EXA-DB in the first place since it's not common knowledge. Even Zanald didn't know until Ezelcant told him.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Amion

Maybe Zanald will come in and save the day by tablesmashing Zeheart to his own desk. At this point, unless Zeheart was just trying to get into a position of power, I really, really have no hope for him as a character.

BTW, what will this Fark dude pilot I wonder? Zeheart already has the Legilis....And if this guy is Numero Uno Piloto, maybe he should get the gundam from the hapless hands of Zeheart.

Interestingly, we have seen Zeheart commence the slaughter of Oliver Notes. So mass murder isn't totally foreign to his messed up character.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
reeoyuy

Chris wrote: No, it's a direct order from Ezelcant. Ezelcant was the one who told him about the EXA-DB in the first place since it's not common knowledge. Even Zanald didn't know until Ezelcant told him.
Well then I still hope that -if he ever managed to get past Sid- after realizing the true power that EXA-DB holds he goes his own way...although very unlikely.

BTW, this whole disappointment with Zeheart's development reminds me of this
Thundermuffin wrote:DURANDAL: And you Shinn? If there was a time for you to change your mind, to become something more than just my puppet, to live up to even the smallest positive expectation of the fans, this is that time. What say you?

(Shinn sucks in a deep breath and stands up straighter. A drum roll begins in the background.)

AUDIENCE: (Waiting with baited breath for their last chance to find something of worth in Shinn’s character development over the last twenty episodes.) ………

(Shinn looks Gil directly in the eyes with a determined look on his face. The drum roll ends.)

SHINN: ………I submit myself wholly to your will, Chairman.

AUDIENCE: YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!
DuelGundam2099

Shinn only had anger issues though, Zeheart has...... Come to think of it, what HAS he done right?
Arbiter GUNDAM

Nothing that i can think of and as I said in my previous post, if it turns out that he is stringing Ezelcant along, I'm calling bullcrap. You can't have him break the fourth wall to deceive us, the audience, so we can be "surprised."
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
DuelGundam2099

I think it could work if executed right.
zerogradius

Well, Zeheart has lost just about every battle he's commanded, and has a 100% successful retreat rate. That counts for something, right?

And I'm starting to wonder why Kio is even still in the war. He doesn't want to fight and doesn't want to kill anyone even though the Vagan don't have that problem. He doesn't belong on the battlefield with those ideals. Flit had a clear shot at Zeheart and Fram in ep 43 and he stopped him for what? Because he didn't want them to die? Does he even consider how many people they have killed and will kill before the war ends? At least Kio has his age as an excuse, unlike Zeheart, who sold out his ideals and the entire Vagan populace in two minutes. He's going to need Fram to act as Lady Une did in Wing and recite the names of the many Vagans who will die after the Eden plan kicks in, assuming of course, she is one of the saved.
domino

Kio is actually trying to stop the war by using non-fatal attacks and wants everyone else to follow his absurd, Kira-like plan.

You know what would be cool? If Fram finds out about Zeheart's deception of the Vagan people, finally decides that is unworthy and teams up with the new Vagan #1 super-pilot-o to kill Zeheart and unleash hell on Earth! What? It might be enjoyable............
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

domino wrote:Kio is actually trying to stop the war by using non-fatal attacks and wants everyone else to follow his absurd, Kira-like plan.
Er, when did this happen? He never forced anyone else to not make kill shots; he knows that the new AGE's "funnels" are uniquely suited for avoiding the cockpit. He just didn't want Flit shooting people in the back as they retreat, a very different deal; I don't see where you're getting the idea that he wants everybody else to double the risk to their own lives to avoid killshots on enemy machines.
As for Kio not showing results yet, he's chosen a far harder path than anyone else. Did you guys honestly expect him to be showing results right away? This isn't Gundam SEED/Destiny, and Kio isn't Jesus Yamato. (thank GOD for both)

Though maybe what they need is someone to say "GIVE IT A REST ALREADY!" Scenes like in episode 40 where a Federation grunt deliberately aims for a Vagan cockpit, which poses no harm at all, shows that there's already a serious problem in animosity in the soldiers fighting this war on both sides now; nevermind the complete barbarianism (if that's a word ^^b), but it's just plain stupid to waste time and ammo shooting harmless cockpit pods when there are dozens of active enemy machines shooting at you. Priorities, anybody? I think the guys in fully-functioning mechs are a bigger threat than pilots drifting in severed cockpit pods.

Flit's a way bigger problem than Kio could ever propose; not only did he try to have prisoners executed willy-nilly, but his own son even points out that he was ready to potentially sacrifice his own forces with the plasma diver missile in the moon base attack, and Flit doesn't even deny it. It was bad enough that he's already becoming a raving genocidal maniac, but now he doesn't bat an eye at killing his own people to wipe out the Vagan. Now somebody try and tell me that is a good state of mind. :roll:
On that point, I don't see how Asem has "regressed" to anything. Exactly what's wrong with having a problem with the guy who was ready to blow up his own forces without a second thought?
It's nice to know Flit's lapdog isn't as mindlessly loyal as I thought, though. How much do you guys wanna bet that Flit set up Algreas as commnder of the Federation so that he could give Flit back his chair when they go back at it with the Vagan? :roll:

I do agree though that with Zeheart, the writers are either setting him up to pull a fast one or they have absolutely no idea what they're doing with his character. >.>
Chris
Administrator

Shinji103 wrote:Flit's a way bigger problem than Kio could ever propose; not only did he try to have prisoners executed willy-nilly, but his own son even points out that he was ready to potentially sacrifice his own forces with the plasma diver missile in the moon base attack, and Flit doesn't even deny it. It was bad enough that he's already becoming a raving genocidal maniac, but now he doesn't bat an eye at killing his own people to wipe out the Vagan. Now somebody try and tell me that is a good state of mind. :roll:
And yet he still hasn't committed genocide yet. He hasn't killed anyone outside of his role as a pilot. The plasma diver missile wasn't fired, and no one listened to him about executing the prisoners. In fact, the more strongly he argues for killing Vagans, the more he gets ignored.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his