The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-6

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
YazanGable

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-6

ShadowCell wrote:Arisa slapped Asemu's ass once and as we all know that's all it takes

at any rate seeing as how Asemu and Arisa are both evidently married and not to each other and have both produced offspring i'm pretty sure that ship has been torpedoed in port
Amusingly, if the translations on the audio dramas are any indication, Asemu apparently isn't Arisa's type at all. The chemistry people are seeing in the sibling is more like brother-sister than romantic.

Which, when you think about it, does make some sense.
Granted, the butt-slap seems a bit odd, until you consider that, as Arisa explained, that's just something they do in her family.

That said, this is just another one of those reasons I'm not that big of a fan of Bandai's love affair with cross-media saturation at this point. It's getting a little too common to hear "You'd know that if you bought the CD/manga/game/etc that explained it" when they should be able to address it in the show in the first bloody place.
Cybaster

YazanGable wrote:Amusingly, if the translations on the audio dramas are any indication, Asemu apparently isn't Arisa's type at all. The chemistry people are seeing in the sibling is more like brother-sister than romantic.
Hmm...now I'm curious. 8) What *is* Arisa's type? (Or do you know?) And does Arisa actually show up in the Kio chapter at all?
Admittedly, I do wonder what would have happened if the Fairy Tail incident had happened again.
In any other fandom, maybe. But this is the same franchise that saw how loathed SEED Destiny generally became, so I don't think Sunrise will ever allow that to happen again.
Last edited by Cybaster on Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
DuelGundam2099

^You would think so, but no, just her dique of a son.
YazanGable

Cybaster wrote:
YazanGable wrote:Amusingly, if the translations on the audio dramas are any indication, Asemu apparently isn't Arisa's type at all. The chemistry people are seeing in the sibling is more like brother-sister than romantic.
Hmm...now I'm curious. 8) What *is* Arisa's type? (Or do you know?) And does Arisa actually show up in the Kio chapter at all?
Again, take this with something of a grain of salt until someone can find the exact line to ascertain, but you know how some girls look for a man like their father? From the sounds of it, Arisa's kind of in that camp.

Which WOULD explain Wootbit's resemblance to his grandfather to a degree.

A bit surprising considering most male genes fold faster than origami paper in the AG timeline.
Arbiter GUNDAM

This whole thing just baffles me. Even in Cosmic Era, where 75% of the reason any female exists is for fanservice, they still get to be important to the story and do more than almost all of the AGE girls. I guess it must be because they intended this series for little boys rather than teenagers.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
DuelGundam2099

ALMOST all the Age girls? Who is the exception again?
Arbiter GUNDAM

DuelGundam2099 wrote:ALMOST all the Age girls? Who is the exception again?
Shanalua and maybe Yurin.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
YazanGable

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:This whole thing just baffles me. Even in Cosmic Era, where 75% of the reason any female exists is for fanservice, they still get to be important to the story and do more than almost all of the AGE girls. I guess it must be because they intended this series for little boys rather than teenagers.
On this note, I now feel the need to ask.
Is this just standard Level-5 treatment for female characters? The only other franchise I'm at all familiar with from them is Layton, and I don't rightly remember much from the women in that, so...

As far as Shanalua and Yurin. I dunno. I mean, the story TECHNICALLY lets them do something...but given their role largely amounts to "Die and make the hero sad" it's at the same level as 'refrigerator fodder'
Zeino

Am I the only worrying that when Age ends that all of the haters of series from the day of it's announcement are going to gloating about that they were right from the beginning and mock us at mecha talk for trying to defend it at the time. I know it's a silly thing to be worried about but still the recent questionable plot developments and handling of female characters makes one wonder.
Raptor

Let them mock.

Skaters gonna Skate. Or something like that.

In all reality though, people to this day still say they were right, and Gundam 00 killed Gundam in english, even though Unicorn is getting a dub. So people are just stupid.

-Raptor, out.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I'm going to have ten people run across a field, five of which I believe have superior qualities. I shall then toss a grenade in front of them to see who survives even though that course of action might kill all the people I wanted to save.
ShadowCell

Zeino wrote:Am I the only worrying that when Age ends that all of the haters of series from the day of it's announcement are going to gloating about that they were right from the beginning and mock us at mecha talk for trying to defend it at the time. I know it's a silly thing to be worried about but still the recent questionable plot developments and handling of female characters makes one wonder.
who cares. they were going to say that no matter how great or terrible AGE turned out to be, because they'd staked their claim on it being The Worst Thing Ever and wouldn't be able to back down from that without losing face.
Kenji

Wasn't all the pre-airing hate about the art style?

Far as I can see, that's the absolute least of the show's problems. It has nothing to do with why I wasn't interested in the show (despite thinking Ebikawa's Gundam efforts were generally pretty spiff), and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the complaints I've been seeing about it from those who watched.

From what I can sense, negatives about this show are similar to negatives about 00 and Code Geass. That is, that splitting the story into discrete "seasons" doesn't seem to be doing any favors.
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
ShadowCell

all the hate was sparked by the art style, but then it turned into a variety of "predictions" which haven't actually come true

no, splitting the story up into small segments that force you to essentially tell three or four stories in one has not really helped AGE
DuelGundam2099

It could have, the problem is Level 5's execution........ Well, that in itself has been stated by enough people. It is a shame really, I was one of the few people looking forward for this series to have a chance to shine and instead we got something lackluster. At this rate I might not even rank it over Turn A Gundam, which is my least favorite series with more than 6 episodes to it. :| Even Turn A had Corin Nander.
iCards

One thing I was shocked about AGE is that the summary talked about the story being about the Asuno family when the "family" theme seems to be thrown out, and when it does show up it is pretty weak and/or poorly written.

The episode where Kio got captured seemed to express the family theme best.
yazi88

Well, episode 41 clearly shows that the AGE-FX ain't overpowered to a moronic level like Strike Freedom, but it looks like episode 42 will show why the Luna Base and Gerard Spriggan switched allegiances, also because the episode is subtly titled Gerard Spriggan.
HellCat

I'm not worried about gloating idiots but I am worried I've encountered people who tell me you could sell the show to Nelvana and aim it at the Beyblade crowd with no changes.

Grodek's plotline alone makes me wonder if these people have watched the show.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Hmm, is there no episode this week?
Destiny_Gundam

There is. It's been awhile since we got a really good battle in AGE.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Destiny_Gundam wrote:There is. It's been awhile since we got a really good battle in AGE.
Well that's odd. I see absolutely no talk about it anywhere.