The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-6

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
ShadowCell

The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-6

new thread. you guys know how this works. tag spoilers, source claims, and don't be dicks, or Grandpa Flit will kill you.
GX9900-Gundam-X wrote:Dark hound dark hound dark hound is anyone else excited I cannot wait will we see the super pirate in action or the possible return of Wivik hell Im just all around exited for VISIDIAN
schwarz ritter

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-6

ShadowCell wrote: don't be dicks, or Grandpa Flit will kill you.
Yes, Your Highness! (due to your avatar of "YES. YOU. WILL")

So...I saw this image the other day, dunno if anyone's brought this up before:

http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/boar ... 596872.jpg

Seems familiar....Hmmmm....
Reinhard: "Of course, grades in school aren't a good indicator. They focus too much on memorization and imitation, and don't foster imagination."
Kircheis: "What you find important are imaginative and conceptual capabilities, right?"
Reinhard: "That's right."
Strike Zero

schwarz ritter wrote:Seems familiar....Hmmmm....
Because OBARI.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
GX9900-Gundam-X

Im looking forward to the progression of the series today but Im also wondering have they updated the age-1 at all I mean if they want to use it then they must have touched it up a little right?
Spoiler
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m51be ... 1_1280.gif its pretty aweome it is a spoiler image im not sure how spoiler tags work so sorry I I am very bad with the internet any way its an image of a Visidian member named Ash or should I say SUPER PIRATE ASEMU ASUNO
Spoiler
EDIT: Please use the Edit button instead of double-posting.

~ShadowCell
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
GNRoyalFlash24

GX9900-Gundam-X wrote:
Spoiler
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m51be ... 1_1280.gif its pretty aweome it is a spoiler image im not sure how spoiler tags work so sorry I I am very bad with the internet any way its an image of a Visidian member named Ash or should I say SUPER PIRATE ASEMU ASUNO
Spoiler
Saw the same post in tumblr too.
Spoiler
No doubt about it, Asemu with the Age-2 Dark Hound in the next episode.
MarshalBraginsky

Captain Ash's hair is really bigger than even Unoa's hair when she was younger.
Amion

I'll have to watch it with subs to confirm my hypothesis,
but,
Spoiler
It appears that Asemu knows about Kio and Flit but may not know his actual connection to them. Then again, Flit himself refers to his son with first and last name in an impersonal manner, so maybe Asemu does know. From what I can see, Asemu has turned pretty dark. I wonder if he saved the AGE three from the Vagans for the system or Kio.
The AGE staff had better have a good reason for his long absence from his family. But that's asking a bit much, so I'll wait for the next ep before I criticize.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Destiny_Gundam

Nope.
Spoiler
Asemu is fully aware of his relation to them. He's not suffering from any kind of memory loss at all. Flit realises who he is, but Kio gets more of a familiar feeling. At the end of the ep Flit tells Kio that it was his dad.

But yeah, the question is why Asemu's been doing what he's doing.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
mobiusdiablo

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Spoiler
Asemu is fully aware of his relation to them. He's not suffering from any kind of memory loss at all. Flit realises who he is, but Kio gets more of a familiar feeling. At the end of the ep Flit tells Kio that it was his dad.

Or better yet, why'd he go and horribly repaint the awesome white AGE-2? Was it a membership thing (You can't be a pirate without these colors and modifications?) As much as I liked the AGE-2... I can't get myself to like the Dark Hound.
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
DuelGundam2099

As much as I've been ragging on Age being boring and cliched for most of the series I have to give it credit for being the first gundam anime for finally having pirates in it. That and Dark Hound's appearance was great, already liking it more than Age-2 Normal. 8)
daigundam lagaan

u know, the last ep that really impressed me was 29. WEll, there are still hopes for it. they got through fardain haha
Still waiting on seeing those tears of time.
Arbiter GUNDAM

This episode was better than the last, but I can't help but think the Visidian are just a reference to Crossbone Gundam, because that's all AGE ever seems to do is dangle UC references in front of us. Asem's return was pretty dynamic but it isn't yet explained why he's hanging out with pirates beyond a vague reference to some cursed treasure that will end the war. Cursed treasure? What is this, they want to make this Pirates of the Caribbean in space as well?

Wootbit is now just utterly annoying, even more so than Dique. Why oh why did they have to solve his and Kio's problems so quickly?

I do like this angle that Fram Nara seems to blame Zeheart for the death of her brother (who we've never seen) because the Vagan seem to have realized that Zeheart SUCKS as a commander. But I now get some forboding feeling that at some point, Zanald will decide that Zeheart is now longer worthy or Ezelcant will abandon him when he's no longer useful and THE HEART will be forced to join the good guys.

I can't wait for these smegging brats to get off the ship, now that we know where their parents are. But how much do you want to bet that they'll find some convenient excuse to keep them on the ship? Chris, please inform General Hate that he has a new convert to the Side of Hating War Orphans. :twisted:

I've also made some comments on the first five episodes of the third arc on my podcast if you want to check it out.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
bertman4

Actually it's partially explained in the episode.
Spoiler
Asemu says that they have been hunting Federation ships that had ties to Vagans. My guess is that on Asemu's last mission, he was betrayed by Vagan sympathizers. He couldn't return without endangering his family so decided to 'play dead' while keeping to the shadows.
Destiny_Gundam wrote:Nope.
Spoiler

JQuilty

DuelGundam2099 wrote:As much as I've been ragging on Age being boring and cliched for most of the series I have to give it credit for being the first gundam anime for finally having pirates in it.
Not quite, remember that Argo was a pirate in G Gundam, and we saw his crew and ship in action near the end.

I wonder how deep this collusion with Vegan goes. They've been attacking ships working with Vegan, and this is after Flit's purge, though he seems to think that they're attacking Federation ships in general.
DuelGundam2099

I meant to say "pirate mobile suits", not regular space pirates. :lol:
yazi88

I personally think that Asemu's reason for disappearing and siding with Bisidian was probably due to the fact that Flit might've been cast out of Federation Command around the time Kio was born and decided to take matters into his own hands and purge the Federation of Vegan collaborators by directly attacking and destroying them because the Federation was still weak even after the purging during the end of 2nd Generation.

This theory of mine sounds pretty probable and pretty likely from watching this epsiode but things can be quite different.
Wingnut

So another battle in a shoal/debris zone. Nothing new. Except for the fact that they managed to believeably and almost literally put the "fog of war" into the mix. That was a nice touch IMO.

On the side of Captain Natdorable, she shows some signs of her old self with the whole helmet deal long after the need for having it on has passed. Oh well. New and frightening things I suppose.

The comparisons of the AGE system to some kind of almost demonic force of nature was an interesting viewpoint as well. Odd that we never heard of the Vagans POV on it.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
zetatype

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:This episode was better than the last, but I can't help but think the Visidian are just a reference to Crossbone Gundam, because that's all AGE ever seems to do is dangle UC references in front of us.

Since the Visidians have there own manga placed between the events of the 2nd and 3rd arcs I think their existence in the AGE universe goes beyond just being a reference to the Universal Century.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote: Cursed treasure? What is this, they want to make this Pirates of the Caribbean in space as well?
Actually I got more of a Laplace's Box vibe with the whole cursed treasure thing.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote: I do like this angle that Fram Nara seems to blame Zeheart for the death of her brother (who we've never seen)
Her brother was probably either the guy who accompanied Zeheart during the infiltration of the colony in the first few episodes of the 2nd arc and died in battle during episode 27, or it could be the member of the Magicians Eight who used his mobile suit to protect Zeheart during the atmospheric reentry scene in episode 27.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote: I can't wait for these smegging brats to get off the ship, now that we know where their parents are. But how much do you want to bet that they'll find some convenient excuse to keep them on the ship? Chris, please inform General Hate that he has a new convert to the Side of Hating War Orphans. :twisted:
10 bucks says that the lunar base gets blown off the face of the moon or something like that. I mean seriously did you really think that those kids would leave the series so easily, LOL.
Last edited by zetatype on Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zetatype

double post
schwarz ritter

zetatype wrote:
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote: Cursed treasure? What is this, they want to make this Pirates of the Caribbean in space as well?
Actually I got more of a Laplace's Box vibe with the whole cursed treasure thing.
And Laplace's Box doesn't sound at all like something Lord Cutler Beckett wouldn't want, eh?
Reinhard: "Of course, grades in school aren't a good indicator. They focus too much on memorization and imitation, and don't foster imagination."
Kircheis: "What you find important are imaginative and conceptual capabilities, right?"
Reinhard: "That's right."