The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-6

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
GX9900-Gundam-X

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-6

So now that the Darkhound has revealed it self were just waiting for the Ve-gundam
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
Evex

Wingnut wrote:
Back on the AGE front, I too am wondering just what the writers are doing here with Zeheart. He totally lacks any sort of direction at the moment to me.
I think they might be trying to take Zeheart in a more Treize Khushrenada direction. At the end of the episode he went rattling of the names of those killed in the operation without looking at any sort of document. The only other person to do that in Gundam was Treize, and I suspect that little girl...can't remember her name right now might have a little Lady Une in her. I suspect that she is also the daughter/sister (can't remember which one it is) of the last member of the Magicians eight, which pretty much confirms that guy died while saving Zeheart from burning up in the atmosphere.
Arbiter GUNDAM

I dunno man, Treize was a master manipulator, Zeheart is a master servant at this point.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
schwarz ritter

I agree: Zeheart is as bland as Neo Roanoke could ever get. Treize may have been somewhat too ambiguous, but he at least remained in charge. Zeheart is Ezelcant's dog.
Reinhard: "Of course, grades in school aren't a good indicator. They focus too much on memorization and imitation, and don't foster imagination."
Kircheis: "What you find important are imaginative and conceptual capabilities, right?"
Reinhard: "That's right."
MarshalBraginsky

Has the AGE creators run out of ideas with regards to how they could make Zeheart a bit more popular?
Raptor

The best way to make him more popular is to make him his own character again. Maybe even bring him over to the good side with his fond memories of dear old Asemu, or have him as a more interesting villain doing his own thing and not just mindlessly listening to everything Ezelcant says.

Easiest way is just to kill him and put someone more interesting in his place.

-Raptor, out.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I'm going to have ten people run across a field, five of which I believe have superior qualities. I shall then toss a grenade in front of them to see who survives even though that course of action might kill all the people I wanted to save.
ShadowCell

Zeheart actually questions Ezelcant's motives to his face after the Rostroulan fiasco. i don't think he's really as mindless as you suggest.

on the other hand, he certainly is as boring as you suggest, since questioning Ezelcant's motives to his face is the only interesting thing he's done all throughout Kio's arc so far
HighestMetal

Spoiler
I guess you could say asumo transformed from a "super piloto" to a super pirateo
"If your not into podcasting to piss people off, then your not in it for the right reason" - Chris
reeoyuy

Oh wow, this episode ended with a cliffhanger, a very serious one and the next episode preview doesn't spoil anything either. Of course, summaries for later episodes are already leaked online but in any case, can't wait for next week. Important stuff like Orbital debut or the content of message capsule aside, there are many small things I appreciate. Obright got some screentime, moping the deck while talking about how the ship is one big family. He was moping alone, but he carried two mops somehow. That...could mean something. Or not.

Also the gluttony bridge guy eat a hot dog this time. Pizza, hamburger, fried chicken, hotdog; notice the pattern?
Sulendil Zeta

My thoughts on the latest episode...

1. The main premise of Gundam Age, that it is a tale of 3 generations of Asuno family in the Hundred Year War with UE/Vagan, is a double edge sword. Sometimes it hurts the storytelling, but sometimes, like this episode, it executes the idea well. We see the reactions of various members of Diva and Asuno family regarding the revelation that the SUPER PILOT Asemu Asuno is not dead and becomes a SUPER PIRATE now, which I quite like. Flit is highly disapprove of Asemu's latest career choice, and told Kio to forget about his father, which I found surprising and like Seric said in the same episode, a bit too harsh, but quite understandable and within his character. Flit always thought the responsibility of an Asuno (at least the heir) should be a saviour of humanity, and seeing Asemu being a pirate, a career which you don't expect a responsible saviour of humanity to take, and not contacting the family for at least 13 years must make Flit felt very conflicted regarding his son. While at least he does plan to tell Emily about her long lost son.

Kio, who didn't see his father for the same period of time, also understandingly rebels against his grandpa's order about forgetting his father, although he too seems to feel quite conflicted regarding his father, seeing that he's quite hesitant to tell his mom just like Flit is to Emily. It's also nice to see Yunoa (his sister), Obright (his former comrade) and Rody (who worked on his battle simulator back in Gen 2) comments on the news. Speaking of Obright, his speak about how Diva is his home and picking up Remi's habit of mopping the hangar floor with two mops makes me want to give that guy a well deserved hug. ;_;

2. This episode also reveals the story of EXA-DB, which is not really a surprise for those who are following the Memory of Sid, although it did explain how Vegan get its technology. I also likes how Zeheart seems to try to bait Fram to leak the info to that fat Vagan commander by empathizing that the EXA-DB info is TOP SECRET. A secret test of character for Fram, or a manipulative move to remove the fat commander from his position, which has equivalent rank and less than friendly term with Zeheart? I guess only time will tell.

3. In action department, AGE-3 Orbital's debut is quite good, really love all those thrusters, although it's overshadowed IMHO by Ghiraga's X Mode and that other giant Vegan MS. It's refreshing to see a new spin on remote weaponry (controls energy instead of bits/funnels/DRAGOONS) And looks like we got to see Flit back into the cockpit of AGE-1 again in the next episode to kick some Vegan a** and save his grandchild. :D
DuelGundam2099

I was gonna leave this a spoiler, but since SZ mentioned everything else, rest in peace Kio. Alright, who will hijack the show: Flit, Asemu, Obright, or some new character?
MarshalBraginsky

I vote Asemu to steal the spotlight for Gen III if Kio dies.
SonicSP

Sulendil Zeta wrote:Flit is highly disapprove of Asemu's latest career choice, and told Kio to forget about his father, which I found surprising and like Seric said in the same episode, a bit too harsh, but quite understandable and within his character. Flit always thought the responsibility of an Asuno (at least the heir) should be a saviour of humanity, and seeing Asemu being a pirate, a career which you don't expect a responsible saviour of humanity to take, and not contacting the family for at least 13 years must make Flit felt very conflicted regarding his son. While at least he does plan to tell Emily about her long lost son.
I think part of it is related to Bisidian itself which has a reputation of attacking EF ships and is sorta anti EF. Of course, Bisidian is appearing doing all those for the sake of the EF, but the people of EF themselves does not know this. What I also find interesting is Unoa's analysis that Flit isn't actually unhappy to hear that his son is alive.

I think another part of his reaction is so protect Kio just in case his father really did turn into a bad guy, Asemu certainly didn't carry himself well by actually attacking the Diva, even if he had good intentions. Perhaps Flit's views would soften a bit after hearing the EXA-DB message.

It still would be interesting to see why he actually left his wife and son for 13 years. I still don't see a justifiable reason at this point, so maybe it would be revealed eventually. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt till then.
Raptor

Just got done watching the Raw, I'm still learning japanese, but I could follow along well enough.

Applause to 5 for the great cliffhanger, and the ambiguous preview. Shanalua could have used the same treatment.

Oribital is cool. I like Fortress more, but Orbital's cannon is nice.

And finally, we get some bits that seem like they'd be hard to shoot down!

Also, Obright. Nice to see more of him.

-Raptor, out.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I'm going to have ten people run across a field, five of which I believe have superior qualities. I shall then toss a grenade in front of them to see who survives even though that course of action might kill all the people I wanted to save.
Sulendil Zeta

SonicSP wrote:I think part of it is related to Bisidian itself which has a reputation of attacking EF ships and is sorta anti EF. Of course, Bisidian is appearing doing all those for the sake of the EF, but the people of EF themselves does not know this. What I also find interesting is Unoa's analysis that Flit isn't actually unhappy to hear that his son is alive.

I think another part of his reaction is so protect Kio just in case his father really did turn into a bad guy, Asemu certainly didn't carry himself well by actually attacking the Diva, even if he had good intentions. Perhaps Flit's views would soften a bit after hearing the EXA-DB message.

It still would be interesting to see why he actually left his wife and son for 13 years. I still don't see a justifiable reason at this point, so maybe it would be revealed eventually. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt till then.
Yeah, I forget about Bisidian's attack on the EF ships, which definitely going to minus more points from Flit's book. The idea that Asemu is now a SUPER PIRATE that raids EF ships, a very un-saviour-like behaviour from Flit's perspective, must makes him felt that his son has abandon the ideals of Asuno family and is therefore as good as dead.

And during the first viewing, I disagree with Yunoa's view regarding Flit's attitude towards Asemu, but now you've put it that way, I think it did make sense that Flit is just a dad with problem communicate his emotions, especially regarding his son. After all, it's the very same guy who told Millias during the end of Gen 2 that he's rescuing Asemu because he wants to salvage the AGE system, not because he's his son. Yeah right, Flit, like everyone is gonna believe your excuse. :p
DuelGundam2099 wrote:I was gonna leave this a spoiler, but since SZ mentioned everything else, rest in peace Kio. Alright, who will hijack the show: Flit, Asemu, Obright, or some new character?
Given that this is story about Asuno family, I will be surprised if the character that hijacked the show isn't an Asuno. I prefer Asemu myself, because I think he will benefit more from the extra focus on his character and story, especially he seems to have change a lot in terms of attitudes and ideals since his last official mission 13 years ago. That, and I like Dark Hound and pirates. :D
Spoiler
But who we're kidding? Of course Kio will survive, and according to future episode summary, goes to Mars Sphere and understand more about Vegan. The only question is how?
DuelGundam2099

Well we know Kio is alive, I just want to see how long we can keep the joke running. :P

And since fat-man is the one that did it, this pic I made a few weeks back seems fitting for the occasion:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/83 ... fatso.png/
Raptor

I'm honestly more excited for when Chris gives this guy the nickname of Low Rent Fats Goodman.

I can see it now. Kio dies, and Wootbit takes over in the Gundam, thus confirming all the AsemuxArisa talk! Also, Zeheart is revealed to be Woolf's love child from Millais, and turns to the side of good once he finds out, piloting the now restored AGE-2 Woolf Custom!

But no. There's no way they're killing Kio off this early. Would be amazing if they did, but no.

As for the Dark Hound, I'm sure we'll see more of it in the upcoming episodes.

-Raptor, out.
Zeino

DuelGundam2099 wrote:I was gonna leave this a spoiler, but since SZ mentioned everything else, rest in peace Kio. Alright, who will hijack the show: Flit, Asemu, Obright, or some new character?
What?! There's no way they'ed really kill Kio off because A) he's the protagonist and B) it would go against the tone of the show by sending it into Victory-level darkness.
daigundam lagaan

Wootbit tells me that Arisa really should have died.

Back to the discussion on the latest episode, I really liked it. It was the best ep for me since the first one in this Generation. And there was finally an enemy mobilesuit or 2 which I was kinda afraid of xD that feeling of "man they might screw him over this time"
Still waiting on seeing those tears of time.
Compass

I teared up when I saw Obright washing the deck. It made me really sad to see him like that, and then what he said afterwards :(
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex