The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-6

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Raptor

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-6

By Macross approach, do you mean aliens(Like Trailblazer), transformable Mechs(Like Zeta/ZZ), songstresses(Like SEED/Destiny) or the deep space(Like Crossbone/AGE) route?

Don't get me wrong, I love Macross, but we already have a lot of the staples for a Macross series in most Gundam series.

Mechs, Battleships, Main character who never wanted to be a soldier, Space Travel, Sempai who normally dies, Civilians who get caught in the action...

-Raptor, out.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I'm going to have ten people run across a field, five of which I believe have superior qualities. I shall then toss a grenade in front of them to see who survives even though that course of action might kill all the people I wanted to save.
Amion

Ok, having watched this week's ep, I can easily say that it was the best of AGE so far for this simple reason: the war not-orphans are gone at last! Just for that, I am happy. :D
Spoiler
I wonder about Asemu's reasoning, but then, at least we get a reason, I wasn't expecting much more than his conversation with Kio.

Flit, looks like your genocidal views are finally growing worthy of those goggles. If he decides to launch the plasmadiver on Second Moon, he's earned the right to wear goggles of evil. Bask would be proud.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
daigundam lagaan

KIO YAMATO! AGE FREEDOMX!!! LET'S DO IT!!!

In all seriousness, one of the best episodes I've seen in this arc thus far. I'll be totally honest, how the AGE-3 performed was extremely dissapointing
Still waiting on seeing those tears of time.
DuelGundam2099

^Seconded and it was so Double Zeta-y too. :( Personally I still prefer epic (Strike) Freedom beam spam, although I will wait until the end of the series before I make a conclusion.
Raptor

Well, depending on your opinion of Flit(Neo), it seems we have:

-Flit(Lawful Evil/Chaotic Good)
-Asemu(True Neutral)
-Kio(Lawful Good)

In all honesty, Asemu's plan had some merit, if he could stave off major battles the two sides would eventually have to come to terms, except for who was leading the two sides. Which he should have realized.

Don't really mind Kio's plan either. Destruction Vs Disable, doesn't matter to me either way.

I like the C-Funnels, but not the FX. Don't know why, I just don't.

New Op and Ed are okay, nothing to write home about though.

-Raptor, out.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I'm going to have ten people run across a field, five of which I believe have superior qualities. I shall then toss a grenade in front of them to see who survives even though that course of action might kill all the people I wanted to save.
iCards

Raptor wrote:By Macross approach, do you mean aliens(Like Trailblazer), transformable Mechs(Like Zeta/ZZ), songstresses(Like SEED/Destiny) or the deep space(Like Crossbone/AGE) route?

Don't get me wrong, I love Macross, but we already have a lot of the staples for a Macross series in most Gundam series.

Mechs, Battleships, Main character who never wanted to be a soldier, Space Travel, Sempai who normally dies, Civilians who get caught in the action...

-Raptor, out.
Sorry, by "Macross approach" i meant production wise not plot wise. Between TV series there is like ten years between the time Macross 7 and Macross F were produced and a five year gap from Macross 0 to Macross F. Kawamori doesn't try to come up with a new series every other year like Sunrise does for Gundam. To me that would give some creative room. Heck just look at Unicorn the plot is already written out, but they still have 6 months to year between each episode to balance out their execution.
DuelGundam2099

Oh for pete sake, Flit did not say he wants to kill unarmed civilians, just the military ones loyal to Ezcalent which have a habit of, you know, killing people including civilians that cannot defend themselves. When Flit actually comes to the point of intentionally slaying vagans that are in a reverse role, THEN we can call genocidal old man on him.

"But DG he's gonna drop a death missile of exploding death!"

A bit extreme? Yes. Keep in mind though, he is trying to take the Moon base back because that is what they are using as a base to invade Earth from. What the hell should he do, stay in orbit and pick them off as they come?
Raptor

Ah, that makes more sense then. Forgive my misunderstanding.

I have to present to that the Tales of and Fire Emblem series production values.

Every 2 years or every 3 years accordingly, we get a new game out of these series. The games have time for a really nice plot to be written, and thus we get some really well written stories. Not all of the stories are S rank. Some of them are only B rank. But none of them are lower. And it works.

EDIT: Apparently, if the missile will destroy the base, then he isn't trying to save it, simply stop the Vagans from using it, but that's a whole nother argument.

Clarify, I did say depending on your opinion. I prefer Chaotic Good, since he is still trying to save Earth.

-Raptor, out.
iCards

Thoughts on this episode:

Mecha: AGE-FX Cool

Character: Kio is finally coming into his own.
Asem's goals of maintaining balance reminds me of Riddhe's monologue in UC episode 5.
Flit is still genocidal.
I also like that there is tension between Flit and everyone else on his tactics.

Opening is probably my favorite, the third opening just remade scenes from other show openings.
Ending is weaker than White Justice.

Edit: Also, that shadow at the end of the opening those look like a final boss you would see in an RPG game.
HellCat

DuelGundam2099 wrote:
Oh for pete sake, Flit did not say he wants to kill unarmed civilians, just the military ones loyal to Ezcalent which have a habit of, you know, killing people including civilians that cannot defend themselves. When Flit actually comes to the point of intentionally slaying vagans that are in a reverse role, THEN we can call genocidal old man on him.

"But DG he's gonna drop a death missile of exploding death!"

A bit extreme? Yes. Keep in mind though, he is trying to take the Moon base back because that is what they are using as a base to invade Earth from. What the hell should he do, stay in orbit and pick them off as they come?
I'm pretty sure Flit is out to kill all Vagan, something this episode cemented. The key piece of dialogue- Flit has consistently said the Vagan aren't human and Kio this episode states he's going to go against Flit because he knows that the Vagan are human. Flit this week is presented with two different more moderate approaches to the war and both times he flies into a rage and tells said person that they're stupid and the war must end with a Vagan genocide. It's not only the Vagan army that follows Ezelcant but everyone in Vagan and Flit's comment was directed at the 'nation' as a whole.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
latenlazy

The nice thing about Kio's no-kill policy is that it's not holier than thou. He acknowledges it's potentially reckless and stupid.
GoodRamen

I'm going to make a wild guess here. At the end of the episode where Ezelcant was talking to this guy in suspended animation with blueish green hair, I'm going to say that is Flit's father.
DuelGundam2099

Flit this week is presented with two different more moderate approaches to the war and both times he flies into a rage and tells said person that they're stupid and the war must end with a Vagan genocide.
He said vagan threat, not genocide. There is also the chance that Flit simply might not believe Kio about vagan culture not having everyone have a part in the military. Not to mention what Flit said about Ezcalent being a mad tyrant is not what you call false; there is also the chance he thinks what Kio experienced was just a ploy for sympathy since unlike the audience he was not there to see it himself. When tyrants are in power, they can pull a lot of strings to deceive outsiders.
I'm going to say that is Flit's father.
They never did acknowledge the death of Flit's dad did they? Just his mom.
MarshalBraginsky

Mr. Guy-in-Tubes is too young looking though to be Flit's father.
GoodRamen

MarshalBraginsky wrote:Mr. Guy-in-Tubes is too young looking though to be Flit's father.
But he could have pull an Asemu and left when Filt was just born. Again this is just a wild guess.
HellCat

DuelGundam2099 wrote:
Flit this week is presented with two different more moderate approaches to the war and both times he flies into a rage and tells said person that they're stupid and the war must end with a Vagan genocide.
He said vagan threat, not genocide. There is also the chance that Flit simply might not believe Kio about vagan culture not having everyone have a part in the military. Not to mention what Flit said about Ezcalent being a mad tyrant is not what you call false; there is also the chance he thinks what Kio experienced was just a ploy for sympathy since unlike the audience he was not there to see it himself. When tyrants are in power, they can pull a lot of strings to deceive outsiders.
Except Kio raised two excellent points- Flit expects him to be a saviour by saving one part of humanity by wiping out another and the true enemy is Ezelcant, taking advantage of the rage and grief of the Martians to make them into an army with himself as their sole icon. Flit's response is 'Screw that, if they choose to follow such a person then they all should die'. Flit is so lost in grief and the fact he's spent his whole life fighting the Vagan that he refuses to consider WHY they fight, something Kio has locked onto and understands is perhaps the key to finally ending the war. There's a big difference from considering Kio and Asemu naive to what Flit says and does this week.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Homeless

They never did acknowledge the death of Flit's dad did they? Just his mom.
Flit explicitly mentioned his father was dead in episode 9.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Wingnut

My first thought that the guy-in-the-tube was a Excelant's own clone that he was going to have finish his work.

Also we now have to see a remotes sword fight between the AGE FX and the 00 Quanta, though like I noted in the mecha thread, they work more like R-3's Strike Shields then a true sword.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
GoodRamen

Wingnut wrote:My first thought that the guy-in-the-tube was a Excelant's own clone that he was going to have finish his work.
That might be it to but I was just hung up on the hair color.
branman88

My first thought that the guy-in-the-tube was a Excelant's own clone that he was going to have finish his work.
This was my thought too, I'm guessing at somepoint here Excelant will succumb to his disease & this guy will be appointed as his successor & will pilot the Legilis. I also feel like Zanald will go against the successor & try to become the new leader.
I AM THE CHOSEN CHILD OF GETTER!