The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-6

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
DuelGundam2099

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-6

Just watched today's episode; the "sad" moments were so sappy I could not take them seriously. :| At least Legilis's debut battle comes next week with Zanald and the Zamdrag making another appearance.
Destiny_Gundam

reeoyuy wrote:
Spoiler
Alas, as with Flit/Yurin and Asemu/Zeheart situation, the happiness didn't last long.
Another highlight is how incompetent Vagan's homeland security is, as Captain Ash and his crew easily waltzed in to Second Moon. That, or Captain Ash is just super competent in infiltration.
Also, debut of Legilis (pilot not shown yet).
I'm sure they never really planned for the enemy to get to Mars. Plus during the battle it was clear the Vagan forces were mindful not to damage any of the colony.

Anyways, I was expecting something worse happening to Lu, such as Kio going to see them in battle only for a stray shot to destroy the house because of it. But it is some solace that she died peacefully and happy.

I do wonder who is piloting the Vagan Gundam, but at least it's not ape-man.

Also, yeah, magazine spoilers does say that after this Kio won't aim for the cockpit. However I don't think this'll go to SEED levels since Vagan cockpits are in the head so body shots are still fair game. Though the way Vagan pilots don't allow themselves to be taken prisoner, I don't think Kio's actions will be worth much.

I wonder if Deen will show up as an enemy pilot in the future...
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Overlord Zaru

THAT FUCKING DIARY MAN

All these feels...
ShadowCell wrote: Zanald is so disappointed in you he's going to smash a desk for every time you people disappoint him. there will be no desks for the little schoolchildren of Vagan because Zanald will have smashed them all. i hope you people are happy.
anonena

Spoiler
I like when she invited Kio to bed, hee
Arbiter GUNDAM

Wow. Just... wow. Holy. Freakin'. Crap. This had to be, bar none, the absolute worst episode of AGE so far. Why? I'll tell ya. Baring the fact that all the scenes with Kio and Lu were so sappy (more so I think than Flit and Yurin) as to not be taken seriously with the added fact that they're still trying to get us to feel sorry for the poor Vagan civvies... it gets compounded by the fact that Kio has just jumped straight to my Worst Gundam Pilots Ever list.

It just absolutely bamboozles me that he is so horribly naive that he thought that giving the leader of Vagan access to the AGE Device was a GOOD idea. To borrow a phrase, this was a Shinn Asuka-level stupid thing to do. I can forgive trying to punch the canon on the Zamdrang but this? THIS is a dealbreaker. This is just about as bad, if not worse than when Shinn took Stella back to the Alliance and naively assumed that Neo would actually keep her off the battlefield.
And before anyone starts whining about how Kio's a kid, need I remind you that neither his old man nor Grandpa Flit ever did something that stupid when they were around Kio's age? Need I remind you that most of the Gundam pilots are/were kids and did stupid things as well? This just happens to be MORE stupid than usual. And it doesn't even work because Lu dies anyway.

And the Bisidian? Thanks a lot for explaining everything you do and making yourselves sound dumb.

I just hope that there's a scene later on where both Flit and Asem get pissed at what Kio did. And I guess Gundapedia is gone for good?

I guess I should say at least one good thing to balance out all this hate. Gundam AGE is the first show to feature battles and settings at another planet. Even in A Wakening of the Trailblazer they were just kinda out near Mars.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Destiny_Gundam

Let me ask you this: if Kio had refused, what was stopping the Vagans from tying him down and stealing his data anyways? At least this way he got something out of it.
Arbiter GUNDAM

That would have been more interesting than Kio committing treason.

--Freyja Wion
Overlord Zaru

Spoiler
In case you haven't noticed, he's 13 and he didn't forsee Lu dying that quick. He needed medicine for her and gave into Ezelcant.
Shinn is 18. He's beyond rational due to stupidity.

Kio is 13, and probably hasn't seen had acne or the Birds and the Bees talk yet.

Cut him some slack.

And there's also crappy Level 5 writing to blame as well.
ShadowCell wrote: Zanald is so disappointed in you he's going to smash a desk for every time you people disappoint him. there will be no desks for the little schoolchildren of Vagan because Zanald will have smashed them all. i hope you people are happy.
DuelGundam2099

At least Shinn didn't just hand over his faction's data and he had the excuse that the EA actually had medical equipment to take care of Stella.
Kio is 13, and probably hasn't seen had acne or the Birds and the Bees talk yet.
Most kids have that around 11 or 12, why wouldn't he? Not to mention when to anime main characters have acne to begin with?

Also, did anyone actually get a time frame as to how long Kio has been hanging around Lu? She had how long to live, a few months or so? Why did she die sooner? What the hell was the Bisidian doing during that time? Yes I know they were trying to find a vagan ship to salvage, but seriously? That long? Not to mention the rescue operation was just off; not for Asemu but his cohorts. How did their mobile suits not get detected long enough for them to infiltrate the base and set up explosions. I could buy that a little easier if the explosives weren't set off the second one of them simply went under THE SAME FLOOR THAT WAS BEING BLOWN UP. Wouldn't the shockwaves have killed them?
Arbiter GUNDAM

DuelGundam2099 wrote:At least Shinn didn't just hand over his faction's data and he had the excuse that the EA actually had medical equipment to take care of Stella.
Which still makes him a direct cause of the massacre in Berlin, so he might as well have handed classified intel to the Alliance anyhow.

But enough about Destiny, let me say this. It wouldn't matter to me if Kio was 10 or 65, handing the AGE Device over is still stupid.

Also, it's not that I think Lu is a bad charatcer, she isn't.

--Freyja Wion
DuelGundam2099

Which still makes him a direct cause of the massacre in Berlin
And they wouldn't have used Sting because.........
But enough about Destiny, let me say this. It wouldn't matter to me if Kio was 10 or 65, handing the AGE Device over is still stupid.
Seconded.
Raptor

Well. Grandpa Flit is going to be FURIOUS when he finds out. Well done Kio. Welcome to the: "I did something stupid that I didn't think would hurt anything but makes everything worse" club. Beecha, Mondo, Shinn and Katz say hi.

The diary was a nice touch, but other than that, I was never really fond of Lu. Nor how quickly Kio acclimated to Vagan life. Apparently, if someone kidnaps your child, all they need to do is introduce them to a cute girl, and they no longer want to be rescued.

Still hoping for a clash between Asemu and Zeheart.

Also, anyone notice, Flit gets a Insert Song with Yurin, Kio with Lu, and Asemu with Zeheart? Interesting...

-Raptor, out.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I'm going to have ten people run across a field, five of which I believe have superior qualities. I shall then toss a grenade in front of them to see who survives even though that course of action might kill all the people I wanted to save.
HellCat

Kio made the best of a bad situation. They wanted his biometrics, he bargained because he in turn wanted something from them. Aside from that, I think it highlights how he's different from Flit. Flit has spent the last 70 years obsessed with the AGE Device and believes only by using it to make Gundams will humanity survive. Kio however has come to an understanding with Vagan and their own reasons for fighting. I think anytime we saw him in the AGE-3 this episode he didn't look at all happy or comfortable. He's come to realise that the war is a clash between two old men's crusades and that a compromise has to be found. He's going to become a saviour but not in the way Flit has decided is needed. Flit likes to say the AGE Device is the Asuno's legacy. That means it isn't rooted to him but to their entire bloodline, including those that will create the future of it.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Destiny_Gundam

Raptor wrote:The diary was a nice touch, but other than that, I was never really fond of Lu. Nor how quickly Kio acclimated to Vagan life. Apparently, if someone kidnaps your child, all they need to do is introduce them to a cute girl, and they no longer want to be rescued.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

Flit's reaction should be interesting. He's always said the Gundam will be mankind's saviour, but now the Vagans have their own saviour.
Dark Duel

Overlord Zaru wrote:Shinn is 18. He's beyond rational due to stupidity.
Nitpick: Shinn is actually 16, not 18, in the series.
Anyway, I haven't had the time to watch AGE since the AGE-3 was captured, so I've not seen this yet....Now I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't just drop it altogether if it's as bad as that.
Assuming I have the time, I'll probably watch them anyway - form my own opinion.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Raptor

Technically, Stockholm Syndrome involves falling for your kidnappers, not someone who lives in the neighborhood, but good point.

However, to the not seeing him happy point, I must propose the scene of him merrily running to Lu's house, waving goodbye to the nanny with a 9 inch grin on his face.

Definitely not going to stop me from watching the show, just irked me.

-Raptor, out.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I'm going to have ten people run across a field, five of which I believe have superior qualities. I shall then toss a grenade in front of them to see who survives even though that course of action might kill all the people I wanted to save.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Also, isn't it kinda weird that Lu dies so abruptly, even though that medicine was supposed to help her?

--Freyja Wion
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

The medicine was meant to only ease her symptoms; Lu still would've succumbed to her illness eventually. What irked me was that Kio kept the medicine instead of leaving it with Lu's brother.
I like when she invited Kio to bed, hee
I was like, "THAT she has the strength for!"
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
DuelGundam2099

The medicine was meant to only ease her symptoms; Lu still would've succumbed to her illness eventually.
The thing is she had a few months left, not one week or so; unless those pills were dipped in arsenic he would have been there for weeks (which would make the rescue attempt by Bisidian ridiculously long to attempt).
Now I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't just drop it altogether if it's as bad as that.
Lets wait until we see the FX in action to see if there is something to look forward to first.
Destiny_Gundam

Raptor wrote:Technically, Stockholm Syndrome involves falling for your kidnappers, not someone who lives in the neighborhood, but good point.
No, Stockholm Syndrome only involves identifying with and sympathizing with your captors. Falling for them is just one extreme.
G-Slayer wrote:What irked me was that Kio kept the medicine instead of leaving it with Lu's brother.
He didn't take it with him. He just had another case to deliver to them.