The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk V

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Mythgarr

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk V

Oh yeah, OVA Please, if only so we can have HGUC Penelope and Kusii :)
Visit The Dreams
zetatype

BrentD15 wrote:
Shinigam_Newtype wrote:To be reminded of your own rules: That's gotta sting...
Indeed.

Now, back to business.
Does anyone else here think its possible that they might change Marida/Puru Twelve's fate? :)
Aren't they already doing that? I was under the impression that she died in the volume that episode 5 was based off of.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:As much as I like Hathaway's fate in that story, I really don't think they should waste an OVA.
Maybe not an OVA series, but an OVA movie wouldn't be bad.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Actually, I'd rather they do the one where Amuro and Kamille have to use a souped up Zeta to fight the Ideon. :D
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Kratos

Not all manga is a water-test, unfortunately. Gundam manga seem to be a dime a dozen in Japan...couple that with the fact that Hathaway's Flash doesn't even follow the Char's Counter-attack movie but Tomino's Beltorchika's Children novel, and the possibility that it would get animated is very remote indeed.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
latenlazy

Kratos wrote:Not all manga is a water-test, unfortunately. Gundam manga seem to be a dime a dozen in Japan...couple that with the fact that Hathaway's Flash doesn't even follow the Char's Counter-attack movie but Tomino's Beltorchika's Children novel, and the possibility that it would get animated is very remote indeed.
The could probably modify the story to make it compatible with CCA. For me, it's not just the manga, but the amount of promotion Bandai has given to Hathaway's flash in video games and action figures that seems to indicate the possibility.
BrentD15

latenlazy wrote:
Kratos wrote:Not all manga is a water-test, unfortunately. Gundam manga seem to be a dime a dozen in Japan...couple that with the fact that Hathaway's Flash doesn't even follow the Char's Counter-attack movie but Tomino's Beltorchika's Children novel, and the possibility that it would get animated is very remote indeed.
The could probably modify the story to make it compatible with CCA. For me, it's not just the manga, but the amount of promotion Bandai has given to Hathaway's flash in video games and action figures that seems to indicate the possibility.
Perhaps.
But then, what motive would Hathaway have to become Mafty and fight against the Earth Federation?
Sounds flawed in reasoning, like Rau Le Cruset. :lol:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Kratos

In addition, Crossbone is both directly related to existing animated works AND has gotten decent attention in video games and merchandise...and yet despite this, and despite its apparent popularity, there are no signs that it will ever be animated.

Anyways. Unicorn. Can't wait for that trailer.
latenlazy

Kratos wrote:In addition, Crossbone is both directly related to existing animated works AND has gotten decent attention in video games and merchandise...and yet despite this, and despite its apparent popularity, there are no signs that it will ever be animated.

Anyways. Unicorn. Can't wait for that trailer.
Right, but Crossbone might require a full series, while Hathaway's flash would just be an OAV. Anyways, it's all speculation at the end of the day. What happens is based on Bandai's whim.

Is the trailer supposed to come out on Friday?
zetatype

BrentD15 wrote:
latenlazy wrote:
Perhaps.
But then, what motive would Hathaway have to become Mafty and fight against the Earth Federation?
What exactly was his motivation? The only significant difference between CCA and Beltorchika's Children I recall that involves Hathaway was that in CCA Chan killed Quess and in BC Hathaway killed Quess. Does how Quess dies play a major role in Hathaway's Flash?
BrentD15

zetatype wrote:
BrentD15 wrote:Perhaps.
What exactly was his motivation? The only significant difference between CCA and Beltorchika's Children I recall that involves Hathaway was that in CCA Chan killed Quess and in BC Hathaway killed Quess. Does how Quess dies play a major role in Hathaway's Flash?
I think.
It shows that his whole cause was worthless.
Spoiler
Especially when Quess' ghost tells Hathaway she never loved him.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Arbiter GUNDAM

According to RightStuf, episode 6 is available for pre-order and is 78 mins. long!!

--Freyja Wion
Kratos

Done and done.

Concerning the length, though - that could include special features. They've been included in the run time cited by retailers before.
Andrew_Graruru

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:According to RightStuf, episode 6 is available for pre-order and is 78 mins. long!!
We always get carried away with the length, but usually its just referring to the episode length + extras.

EDIT: Looks like kratos got to that explanation first.
Check out my (awful) podcast. Anime Graruru.
zetatype

BrentD15 wrote:
zetatype wrote:
BrentD15 wrote:Perhaps.
I think.
It shows that his whole cause was worthless.
Spoiler
Especially when Quess' ghost tells Hathaway she never loved him.
I don't understand what you're getting at. In your response to latenlazy's post you seem to be implying that if they tried to make a Hathaway's Flash OVA that followed CCA and not BC, Hathaway would not have his motivation to rebel against the Federation. This implies that something significant happened to Hathaway in the BC novel that put him on the war path.

However, as far as Hathaway is concerned, the only difference between CCA and BC is that he killed Quess by mistake. Granted I could be missing something, so if you know something I don't I would like to hear it.

EDIT: Also what was Hathaway's motivation?
Arbiter GUNDAM

--Freyja Wion
OGx3

lol true that
its cool seeing little Mineva all grown up and taking charge
Dozle be proud :mrgreen:
Zeeks up, Feddies down
that's hood talk for i like the Zeon more then the Federation
Areku

Is there anywhere I can see this trailer besides the Anime Channel link? Because I'm trying every trick in the book, but all I ever get is a generic error message. At this point, I suspect it's an issue with Americable, my ISP.
Kratos

:D :D :D

Also, I think that might be the smoothest Destroy Mode transformation that we've gotten yet.
Last edited by Kratos on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrentD15

Very nice. :D

By the way, I wonder what that growing light source was at 0:17...
Kratos

There really seems like there's gonna be a hangar-smackdown of some kind, or at least a major confrontation. Christ, the Geara Zulu's gonna tear that ship apart from the inside if it starts firing in there.

Also, seeing Takuya really reminds me of how much I want some kind of closure for poor, forgotten Micott.