The Official Gundam AGE Thread Mk V

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
GX9900-Gundam-X

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Thread Mk V

If true that would make Wootbit becoming a permanent co-pilot with Kio far more exciting and meaningful if it were the heroic stand of two brothers versus invaders
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
kayone73

GX9900-Gundam-X wrote:If true that would make Wootbit becoming a permanent co-pilot with Kio far more exciting and meaningful if it were the heroic stand of two brothers versus invaders
That would be a hilarious plot twist. I'm all for it.
zerogradius

Raptor wrote:Although I for one am still hoping Arisa shows back up. I doubt she will, honestly, but it would still be cool.
I'm hoping she comes back as well, and maybe this time, she will be a kickass ace pilot instead of a lackluster rookie.
yazi88 wrote:Ract Eflamel was shown in the Memories of Sid manga along with Largan, how much role Ract plays in the manga has yet to be seen.
If they do show up, I'm not sure how usefully they'd be at their ripe old ages. I was surprised that Largan wasn't in Asemu's arc, so I'm not sure how relevant he'd be if they did. I'd much rather see Millais make a comeback, possibly to tutor Natora.
Amion

Am I the only one here who thinks the evidence is pointing to Shanalua as a spy? Because a lot of people are of the opinion that she isn't....Maybe everyone has learned their lesson from Algreus and other random plot twists, and are expecting something, well, unexpected.

Hm, now I see why they made Algreus out not to be a traitor, so they could have everyone suspenseful about the fate of Shanalua.

This is all conjecture of course, but it would be a nice example of good writing, something age lacks in abundance. Make the first spy someone unexpected, then no one will see the next traitor coming when the evidence points their way....
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
DuelGundam2099

We're going to find out in a couple days either way, my advice is to kick back, wait, and do something else in the meantime.
nacho-wan

I'm surprised nobody is commenting Shanalua's weird behavior with Kio. She cold and hot on him
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
zerogradius

Her behaviour towards him reminds me of how the Shrike Team sometimes said or did something suggestive around Uso.
MarshalBraginsky

At least that happened with Shanalua. Natora on the other hand, I wonder if she'd be able to work on her confidence since she's easy picking by the entire crew of the Diva.
Vent Noir

Episode 32:
Spoiler
RIP Shanalua. You accomplished more in each episode you were in than any other female character has in the entire series.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
E08

I suppose that is because the other female characters rarely has a episode in which they are the main driving force for what the male lead does.
Vent Noir

E08 wrote:I suppose that is because the other female characters rarely has a episode in which they are the main driving force for what the male lead does.
I'd say their lack of presence in this series goes beyond that.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
DuelGundam2099

*Opens Vent Noir's spoilers*

Why am I not remotely surprised?
MarshalBraginsky

Vent Noir wrote:Episode 32:
Spoiler
RIP Shanalua. You accomplished more in each episode you were in than any other female character has in the entire series.
Let me guess:
Spoiler
Kio kills her or someone else kills her?
Sulendil Zeta

MarshalBraginsky wrote:
Let me guess:
Spoiler
Kio kills her or someone else kills her?
Spoiler
It's the later. Vagan kills her, although she also kills the pilot at the same time.
Destiny_Gundam

Spoiler
At least it was a double kill. The Vagan pilot seemed to be some one of note, though, but I don't think we've seen him before.
Also, Char infiltrates Jaburo in his red Z'Gok.

Oops, I mean...

Max shows up too.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

So..............she got Helen-Shriked.

Yeah, I said it. ^^b
DuelGundam2099

Well aside from the obvious this episode was entertaining: Nice action, the Wrozzos were neat, the new fat vagan commander is interesting (with a ship that has a good color scheme), and some guerrilla tactics being used for an episode cliffhanger. Real shame that guy in the white wrozzo died from Shanaula's double kill, he had potential. Next episode is going to have Age-3 Fortress against Zeheart's Wrozzo and the planeted bomb might go off; since this series is slowly getting Victory Gundam dark I expect obvious and predictable casualties to occur.
ShadowCell

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Spoiler
At least it was a double kill. The Vagan pilot seemed to be some one of note, though, but I don't think we've seen him before.
Also, Char infiltrates Jaburo in his red Z'Gok.

Oops, I mean...

Max shows up too.
wait a minute, he did?

or is this a joke i'm not getting

inb4 it is a joke and the punchline is Max
GX9900-Gundam-X

Im really sad Shanalua had to die here I was hoping we could get a competent female in AGE ah well heres hoping on Natora for that a Competent and important female
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
Destiny_Gundam

ShadowCell wrote:wait a minute, he did?

or is this a joke i'm not getting

inb4 it is a joke and the punchline is Max
Not a joke:

http://www.imagebam.com/image/ffec13191268227

Though I guess I should have been clearer that the Zeheart is copying Char again joke was in no way related to Max appearing.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."