The Official Gundam AGE Thread Mk V

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
MarshalBraginsky

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Thread Mk V

I'm not sure if the English dub for AGE would be done by the same company that did 00 and SEED. We might get an English dub of AGE from the same company that did Unicorn, or even Funimation.
ShadowCell

why are we assuming that AGE is going to get an English dub or is even going to be licensed for distribution in the Western market?
Dark Duel

Given that IIRC Bandai's pulled the plug here in the States, I personally would find it unlikely in the extreme that we ever get another dubbed Gundam release after Unicorn - if we even get the end of that without having to import the last two.
So AGE I frankly don't think we'll be seeing come to these shores.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
farjad93

Well that just sucks!
REY: Kira Yamato, your existence must end!
KIRA: Like I haven’t heard that before…on countless Gundam message boards.
nacho-wan

I wonder why nobody has mentioned the Diva. The fifty year ship that is still running around waiting for the third Asuno boy. Flint should still hold some rank in the EFF to keep his access to the ship -I highly doubt that the AGE 3 wan't made through the AGE builder-.

As for the Diva itself, I half expected it to be refurbished into a new class after all this time.
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
reeoyuy

Oh wow, we have surprise returning character, not seen in previews, magazine scans, or OP/ED clip
Spoiler
Admiral Algreus, now with mustache! Nice connection you have there, Flit.
Kyuzo Aoi

Given that IIRC Bandai's pulled the plug here in the States, I personally would find it unlikely in the extreme that we ever get another dubbed Gundam release after Unicorn - if we even get the end of that without having to import the last two.
Gundam AGE could still have an English dub, too. But it may be dubbed by Australians, Singaporeans, or Filipinos, rather what we have in Animax-Asia channel.
I am a Gundam!
anonena

cute capitan
Destiny_Gundam

There's another returning character too:
Spoiler
Obright is part of the Diva's MS team again. And he's still using a Genoace!
Loran/Regene is also back.

Poor Ms Captain, thrown in waaaay over her head by a jerk commander that wants the Diva to fail to stick it to Flit. Though it does make sense that the Diva's crew are a bunch of problematic people. You wouldn't put the best of the best on some old battleship.

Flit still has a big hate on for Vagan, though, and now he's got Kio doing it.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

nacho-wan wrote:I wonder why nobody has mentioned the Diva. The fifty year ship that is still running around waiting for the third Asuno boy. Flint should still hold some rank in the EFF to keep his access to the ship -I highly doubt that the AGE 3 wan't made through the AGE builder-.

As for the Diva itself, I half expected it to be refurbished into a new class after all this time.
They do mention the Diva.

It was when Flit and Kio were in the Core Fighter. Flit is talking to someone and tells them to "get the Diva ready to launch." He then goes on to say, "It is just an antique, but with that ship and the Gundam we can save Olivernotes."

Thus the Diva has not been refitted, it looks like it was taken off from service. But, because it is Flit, he probably placed the Diva nearby for a situation where it is needed. Just like he did with the AGE-1 in Asemu's arc.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
2NA Fish

This arc just got good. Has all the makings of a great Super Robot series now if you take away the first 28 episodes. As a real robot series, the writing is dreadful, but now they've got that out of the way, this could be really something else.

And lol at the new Captain. Noobtastic and awesome. Not the strong female character I was hoping for, but something even better.
Chris
Administrator

Dark Duel wrote:Given that IIRC Bandai's pulled the plug here in the States, I personally would find it unlikely in the extreme that we ever get another dubbed Gundam release after Unicorn - if we even get the end of that without having to import the last two.
Unrelated, but importing isn't necessary for Unicorn. Right Stuf is carrying vol 5, and the dub preview clip for vol 5 says in America it'll be carried on Amazon (hopefully cheaper than the $95 import currently on there). As for AGE, I don't expect that to get any release, so any discussion about dubs is just fantasy casting.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Destiny_Gundam

2NA Fish wrote:And lol at the new Captain. Noobtastic and awesome. Not the strong female character I was hoping for, but something even better.
You can't expect a character to be strong right out of the gate, regardless of gender. I'm sure by the series is over she'll have grown into a competant captain worthy of respect.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
GX9900-Gundam-X

uhh anyone else here get the sneaking suspicion that Mustache's amplify anti-Vagan sentiment
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
Amion

GX9900-Gundam-X wrote:uhh anyone else here get the sneaking suspicion that Mustache's amplify anti-Vagan sentiment
Yes. It's part of the meat lovers syndrome that forces the people of the earth sphere to despise the misunderstood goals of the Veigans to destroy the sacrilegious practice of animal eating. Why mustaches? Hey, look at Colonel Sanders, he has a mustache. Chicken, and meat for that matter, cause an increase in the desire for facial hair in the AG World. Anime logic there.

Ezelcant wears the pigtail to remind himself and his countryman that it is for the sake of the millions of enslaved pork across the earth that they fight. Thus, they must destroy the evil meat lovers to free them, and establish a firm, anti-meat government like in Eden, before we were meat craving beings. And if you notice, none of the important Veigans have mustaches.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
GX9900-Gundam-X

Amion wrote: And if you notice, none of the important Veigans have mustaches.
The exact reason I took notice of how mustaches seem to effect Vagan Veigan WHATEVER they have beards or are clean shaven but zero mustache's IT IS THE ULTIMATE FORM OF ANTI-VAGANISM THE MUSTACHE
DuelGundam2099

......... So after a well done episode, this week they're imitating Nadesico with a captain and crew that are......... Oi. *face palm* At least Age-3's one-shot rifle attachment was really cool and the next episode looks promising (burrowing mobile suits!). 8)
GX9900-Gundam-X

Well at least there is a good reason the Diva is still in use Its all commander Asuno or well Ex commander the fact that its loaded with the federations least wanted crew makes sense and hey it will eventually become a good crew ........ I hope
latenlazy

Ex Commander in Chief means Ex President. Somewhere down the line Flit was the President of the Earth Federation.