The Official Gundam AGE Thread Mk V

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Apsalas

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Thread Mk V

Its an ok start so far. Cant quite like Godzillazoidgreenranger mecha but liking Kio and his GF so far.

Bit unsettling that the poor kids been secretly trained to kill by loveable rouge grandpa. Hope to see how he deals with killing real people, will he go all emo seed? Hope not.

and...
Spoiler
Kio dads so obviously not dead...even if I didn't know some of the spoilers it pretty certain
“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”
― Philip K. Dick

"It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane."
- Philip K. Dick
DuelGundam2099

Bit unsettling that the poor kids been secretly trained to kill by loveable rouge grandpa.
Mazinger Z says "hi". :wink:
Also, Obright in the ED. A WOOLF MULLET.
Strange, I didn't notice, but oh well.
Raiden

Pretty good start, kinda reminds me of F91's beginning a bit.

AGE-3 looks pretty cool seeing it animated.

As for the OP i love the stuff they tease us with.
Spoiler
AGE-2 getting a Crossbone Gundam style upgrade!!!

And the Veigan's making their own Gundam?HOLY CRAP!
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-bkX6wM_SDJU/T ... 640/16.jpg
Neo_Senku

The start to this gen is off to a better start then last gen. I like that Flit seems to have mellowed out some, despite him secretly training his grandson to pilot a mobile suit. He seems alot happier then he was last gen, though that could just be a front for kio. Time will tell.
Spoiler
If the rumors are true of Asem piloting that AGE-2 Pirate bullet, I wonder what his excuse will be for missing all of his sons life. Disappearing for 13 years seems more like a Flit thing than an Asem thing. I know he wanted to show his son a world without war but they had better come up with something damn good to justify that, though they probably won't.
And it seems like vagan will get its own Gundam. That kinda sucks, I'm not against the enemies in a gundam series having gundams, it just needs to make sense. And given the pain in the ass the gundam has been to veigan I can't see why they'd make one.
Ya know what, We're All Gundam. ^_^

The Magnificent Bastard is an awesome trope.
Wingnut

Neo_Senku wrote:And it seems like vagan will get its own Gundam. That kinda sucks, I'm not against the enemies in a gundam series having gundams, it just needs to make sense. And given the pain in the ass the gundam has been to veigan I can't see why they'd make one.
"Your "saviour" has joined our cause!" propaganda? It's the best I got at the moment for that.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
GX9900-Gundam-X

I think the Veigundam as I will now call it is more or less this for wing fans the white fang wanted epyon for a sort of symbol maybe thats what the Veigundam is a symbolism piece or psychological warfare Hey hey guys you think your cool with your gundam guess what we got one to kinda thing
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
latenlazy

Hate the opening music, it's horrible. Clamche's did not disappoint. We're off to a good start. Maybe the last 22+ something episodes will redeem the previous 28.
Amion

This was a better start than the previous two arcs. I'm liking Kio right now, he's pretty mellow in comparison to his Grandpa, which makes sense because his life was never turned upside down like Flit's.

Did anyone notice that Flit was wise enough to put a smokescreen feature on the G Cepter. Wonder why no one thought of that in all the previous Gundam shows that touted a Core Block System.
HellCat wrote:Do we even need nicknames? I'll admit to using a small amount myself (like referring to a certain 00 character as 'Fruit Corner') but it always seems daft to me that anime fans seem the need to give so many characters daft nicknames. It's a bit like that 'pineapple salad' thing we were discussing a few weeks back.

Dang it, HellCat, I was going to nickname Ezelcant Pigtail. You've ruined it! :cry:
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
zetatype

Neo_Senku wrote:
And it seems like vagan will get its own Gundam. That kinda sucks, I'm not against the enemies in a gundam series having gundams, it just needs to make sense. And given the pain in the ass the gundam has been to veigan I can't see why they'd make one.
Why do they have a Gundam? Because gundam vs gundam battles are cool that's why. Oh you mean in universe reasons? Well I suppose the Vagans manage to finally duplicate the age technology and did that whole "your savior had joined our cause" that Wingnut just mentioned.

Anyway, decent start to the 3rd generation, better than generation 1's first episode though not quite as good as the 2nd's first episode. I really like the new OP and ED so that's always a plus. While I never thought that generation 1 and 2 were bad they definitively suffered from time constraints so hopefully this generation will put its 22 episode count to good use (unless sunrise decides to can this series early due to low ratings and poor sales but due to how much money they already poured into AGE I doubt it).
MarshalBraginsky

I'm not sure if Ezelcant himself would be piloting the Gundam or not, though Asemu going missing on a mission is unusual for a Gundam series. As for Zeheart, he should be old enough to become Kio's 'father', since he should have been a lot older but due to the frozen sleep that he has undergone, he still looks 17.
DuelGundam2099

Fools! Obviously the vagan gundam will be piloted by none other than
Spoiler
the remains of Desil's brain! Much like Dr. Stockman from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! :P
MarshalBraginsky

I don't know. Decil was obliterated by Asemu with the Double Bullet, and now that Asemu's missing, could he be Kio's possible enemy? He could even pretend to side with Vagan for all we know.
OrionsGambit

It took 10 years for Asemu and his chicky to pop out a kid?

Yes, that's the first and only thing remarkable I noticed about the episode >_> (otherwise good ep.)

Edit - Nvm, bad math. Im an idiot.
Wingnut

OrionsGambit wrote:It took 10 years for Asemu and his chicky to pop out a kid?

Yes, that's the first and only thing remarkable I noticed about the episode >_> (otherwise good ep.)
It took Flit and Emily 7 years IIRC before Asemu was born.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
zerogradius

Wingnut wrote:
OrionsGambit wrote:It took 10 years for Asemu and his chicky to pop out a kid?

It took Flit and Emily 7 years IIRC before Asemu was born.
We don't know how long after Flit's arc ended that Emily and Flit got together, so how it took before Asemu was born is indefinite.

As for ep 29, I'm happy to say that the series has returned to the good writing it had back in Flit's arc. I honestly cannot think of a single thing wrong with this ep, and I'm happy for that. Hopefully, this is the start of better things to come with this arc.
Compass

1 year after Downes was shot down, Flit derped the Prime Minister. 1 year after that, Asemu and Romary married. So 8 years.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
HellCat

Amion wrote: Dang it, HellCat, I was going to nickname Ezelcant Pigtail. You've ruined it! :cry:
I'm afraid I have the market on silly names for Sir Ezyouisorisyouaintmybaby.

Re: the Vagan Gundam- I've been of the opinion for a while that there's something very subtley Gundam-like about the Vagan MS, so it doesn't quite surprise me. I'm still banking on Ezalcant revealing he's some disgraced member of the Asuno clan.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Raptor

Well, I'm excited to see where this is going, though all the hate for the previous gens and the "Gen 3 will save AGE!" that I'm seeing across the web makes me sad for Gundam "fans" today...

So, Asemu is missing, eh? That "Crossbone" looks very Age-2ish... neh? Though whatever reason he has for being gone and dying his awesome white MS black, had better be good.

Also, Flit, spending time with Kio. Good job. Maybe Asemu's "Death" made him want to be with Kio, even if only for the secret training... but still.

Seric Abis is giving me some Oliver vibes... anyone else notice that? Hopefully he doesn't end up the same...

As for the Vegan Gundam, why wouldn't they want a Gundam?

Also, anyone with a dirty mind had fun this episode. Grandpa Flit telling Kio to "Pull the control stick as hard as he can" then leaning back with a smile was WAY creepy.

Digging Wendy so far, though I may be a bit premature. She has good potential, and I like her design, so hopefully she gets more involved with the story.

ZZ, Leopard, Heavyarms, Virtue, Seravee, you can now add AGE-3 Fortress to your ranks.

-Raptor, out.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I'm going to have ten people run across a field, five of which I believe have superior qualities. I shall then toss a grenade in front of them to see who survives even though that course of action might kill all the people I wanted to save.
Compass

DuelGundam2099 wrote:
Bit unsettling that the poor kids been secretly trained to kill by loveable rouge grandpa.
Mazinger Z says "hi". :wink:
Also, Obright in the ED. A WOOLF MULLET.
Strange, I didn't notice, but oh well.
I'll get a screencap for you. It is WEIRD.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex