Toonami is back... was it a one night stand?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Dollow

Re: Toonami is back... was it a one night stand?

Either way the Toonami Renaissance is still on, and everyone is getting the word out to #bringbacktoonami on twitter.
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
farjad93

I really sincerely hope they do bring it back. I'm positive it would do wonders for CN's ratings as well. But yes, the Toonami Renaissance is in full swing!
REY: Kira Yamato, your existence must end!
KIRA: Like I haven’t heard that before…on countless Gundam message boards.
Dollow

Update in the Toonami Renaissance, Adult Swim has tweeted
#BringBackToonami We've heard you. Thank you for your passion and interest - stay tuned.
LINK HERE

I have a good feeling about this guys
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
SlowTurtle

Dollow I hope your right, having Toonami back would be a gift from the heavens indeed. To relive the good ol'days of cartoon network would be grand.
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."
--Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: Generations
Raiden

It was funny to see the cake wasn't a lie, but yea this just seems too nostalgia driven.

Plus re-watching Wing and those other shows has to get boring eventually since Wing and some of the others have an actual End and don't last like 100+ episodes....
Dollow

Like I've said, I want the block back with NEW shows and stuff, I would be lying if I said some nostalgia was not involved, but at the same time it wasn't nostalgia as the mood of how they present the shows was still there. I want Toonami to not just be a retro block, but have new shows too, not Bandai like Wing as I like it but Bandai USA is dead, so stuff like One Piece or Fairy Tale and things like that or some Sentai filmworks stuff.
Last edited by Dollow on Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
farjad93

I'm just glad that they were actually serious and weren't just trolling the fanbase.
REY: Kira Yamato, your existence must end!
KIRA: Like I haven’t heard that before…on countless Gundam message boards.
HellCat

If nothing else, I'm sure BEI would be happy to get on air promotion for all those Anime Legends sets before their licenses run out. Even if it just airs shows that ran back in the day, that's still attention for companies older licenses.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.