The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread Mk IV

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Amion

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread Mk IV

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Nah, that's only when the marriage is agreed upon. Obright was saved since she didn't accept.

Also apparently Vagans don't know how to count. It's the Magician's 8, and yet so far I've counted 9 of them (4 dead, Mink, leader guy, 2 old guys, and the guy with hair covering his eyes).

Hey, maybe I should pay more attention. But in answer to the Magician's Eight, there is nothing to say that a new member wasn't added on to replace the fallen guys.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Compass

Or... maybe one of the people is called Magician, and the group is called Magician's Eight, implying Magician + 8!

:P

Seriously, the fighting sequences in this episode disappointed... In fact, this episode felt like it was forced to work, rather than actually work. No real sense of plot development this time.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Destiny_Gundam

ShadowCell wrote:the guy with the hair covering his eyes was also one of the two who died last episode, so that's still only eight
Nope. The guy who died this episode didn't have hair covering his eyes and had a different voice actor.

I had considered them having reserves to replace the fallen guys, but if they had that many X-Rounders they would have used them all from the start.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Arbiter GUNDAM

Seems Sage or Sunrise pulled an April Fool's joke....?

Never mind it must be the subbers.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
ShadowCell

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:the guy with the hair covering his eyes was also one of the two who died last episode, so that's still only eight
Nope. The guy who died this episode didn't have hair covering his eyes and had a different voice actor.

I had considered them having reserves to replace the fallen guys, but if they had that many X-Rounders they would have used them all from the start.
this guy is the one who got toasted in the previous episode by the Double Bullet along with some other schmuck, so, yeah, still only eight.
MarshalBraginsky

The purple haired member of Magician 8 almost sounded like Kaname Chidori from Full Metal Panic, but I may have guessed the wrong seiyu.
Destiny_Gundam

ShadowCell wrote:this guy is the one who got toasted in the previous episode by the Double Bullet along with some other schmuck, so, yeah, still only eight.
Ah, you're right.
MarshalBraginsky wrote:The purple haired member of Magician 8 almost sounded like Kaname Chidori from Full Metal Panic, but I may have guessed the wrong seiyu.
Nope, that was Ayako Kawasumi, who is probably best known for Fate/Stay Night's Saber (she's also one of the Diva's bridge bunnies. Funnily enough the other Diva bridge bunny shares a voice with Mink).
Destiny_Gundam

Oh, and why don't Vagan pilots eject? Mr Beauty in this ep took a direct hit to the chest but the cockpit is in the head. He should have just bailed out.
ShadowCell

but that wouldn't have been beautiful!
MarshalBraginsky

When Asemu said he wanted to use the Vagan helmet to defeat more enemies, it certainly looked like he learned his lesson about wanting power and how much it could (nearly) kill you. Though let's pray and hope that Kio wouldn't need X-Rounder capabilities.
Destiny_Gundam

I find it hilarious that even though Desil is in an adult body, he hasn't grown up at all. It's amazing to see a character be exactly the same after an over 20 year time skip.
ShadowCell

that and at this point Flit can't even be bothered to go fight him in the Gundam, he just swats him back with the ship
bertman4

The highlight of episode 25 was when Flit wouldn't even go out to meet psycho Desil. He just used tactics to keep Desil and his suped up MS at bay.
The low point was Asemu. He seriously needs a Bright slap.
Destiny_Gundam

No, he doesn't. Ever notice how the Bright Slap never actually works?

He needed what Woolf gave him: actual support.
DuelGundam2099

Poor Desil. :( Seriously, couldn't he just go under the ship and start blasting it from there? This is the first time in a gundam.... ANYTHING where a ship manages to prove better than a mobile suit that wasn't a grunt. Seriously, ships are normally ultra fragile, one hit to the bridge and it's insta-win.
yazi88

How and why did Asemu launch out of the Diva when Decil is attacking?

Did Asemu ignore him/get by him or did Decil not care/focused on the Diva too much to notice a Gundam launching?
Mythgarr

Thanks God flit doesn't pull a Kira and ruin the series with Jesus Roll-and-Kick-Spam.

Now that I think about it: Does X-rounder ability got to do with having long fermented revenge?
Visit The Dreams
MarshalBraginsky

Basically in all of the Gundam series, the Bright slap is like a gigantic stick. Actual support as Woolf gave Asemu is like a small carrot, but a carrot nonetheless.
Arbiter GUNDAM

ShadowCell wrote:but that wouldn't have been beautiful!
uggghhh, bad Macross 7 flashbacks... must use the power of Fire Bomber to cleanse my mind...

MarshalBraginsky wrote:Basically in all of the Gundam series, the Bright slap is like a gigantic stick. Actual support as Woolf gave Asemu is like a small carrot, but a carrot nonetheless.
But the stick doesn't always work. Bright gave Hathaway the mightiest Brightslap of all in CCA... but to no avail. The little smeghead still steals a Jegan and kills Chan Agi in a rage over a girl who was nuts and whose soul later comes to Hathaway and tells him she never loved him.
And I think I smell that The Woolf is cooking Pineapple Salad, not carrots.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion