The Awesome/Your Favorite Gundam Quotes Thread

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
DelzaArmy

The Awesome/Your Favorite Gundam Quotes Thread

A thread for all those awesome battle cries, UNIVEEEERSES, speeches, crazy babble and much, much more!

Unfortunately, while I don't know any of the exact spellings or full quotes (bluh, useless already XD ), I must nominate UNIIIIVEEEERSE (of course), Harry's spiel about Diana's butt, and Gym's GEKKOU CHOU DE ARU! as some of my favoritest Gundam quotes ever.

Unfortunately, I cannot find any quotes for my favorite Gundam Series, Victory Gundam, any assistance would be appreciated!
General Shadow, Delza Army OG
Dark Duel

Re: The Awesome/Your Favorite Gundam Quotes Thread

Ah, a favorites thread. Haven't seen one of those in a while...Might be because The Rules state they're not allowed.
the Rules wrote:15. Don't start "favorite" threads, whether it's about mobile suits, movies, etc. They end up leading to pointless listings with no real discussion.
As for Victory, I never saw the entire thing so I can't say, but in what I saw of it there weren't any quotes that were particularly memorable. Though one rather (in)famous one that I've heard about, though I don't recall the wording exactly, was spoken by Usso later in the series.
"This is my mother."
The context in which I've been told he utters that short phrase is rather bleak.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
DelzaArmy

Shoot, I was just going to call it the Awesome Gundam Quotes Thread until I decided to change it...
ShadowCell

this thread can live if everyone actually discusses why they picked the quotes they pick. if not, it will see the tears of time.
iKhaotic

I'll give it a shot...

"Neither will alone, nor strength alone."
-Lacus Clyne (Gundam SEED)

^To me, those six words convey a lot of meaning and nearly sums up the morale and overall truth behind Gundam SEED. She explains through these words how you cannot change anything with just the will and/or strength to do so, but you also require things such as allies, knowledge, experience, and people to follow your ideology. The quote also ties in to wars/battles. It describes how wars and battles cannot be won with just sheer will nor strength, but that it also requires other factors, such as your relationships with others, knowledge of your opponents, and the experience to know what to do when certain situations arises. This line/quote has stuck with me ever since the first time I've heard it and is one of my favorite quotes of all time, because it's very simple yet tells a lot. Of course, as we've seen from SEED, not many people actually utilize the true meaning of that line, but I do believe that is what Lacus is trying to say, and I think it's very moving.

"If you just did nothing because you thought it wouldn't help, then you'd end up doing less than nothing, for nothing would change and nothing would end."
-Kira Yamato (Gundam SEED Destiny)

^This one doesn't require as much analyzing as the first one, it's just a slightly confusing way of a basic principle. Kira states that just because you think your actions won't change anything doesn't mean you shouldn't at least try. If you don't do anything, you'd end up doing less than not doing anything at all, because if you didn't even try, nothing will be different and nothing would end. Even if you were unsure of yourself, you should at least try to do what you can, even for the slightest possible desired outcome. I like this quote because I can apply it to my every day life. When I stumble onto a problem, I would more than likely think of any possible way that I could tackle the problem. Even if the outcome would be minimal, I would do so anyways, because at the end of the day, knowing that I at least tried is better than regretting later on thinking about "What if I did something back then?".
[Relinquish your pain...unto me...]
[Neither will alone, nor strength alone]
~Sword of the Blue Skies~
Ouroboric

"This is no Zaku boy, No Zaku!"-Ramba Ral
Pretty self explanatory.

"Souls weighed down by gravity"

One of the most commonly spouted sayings in the first 15 years of UC.It shows how the people of earth,unable to leave after their infancy,became a burden to their mother planet, and those who clung to it would forever be left behind in the evolutionary chain. It displays hows human potential is dampened by the greed and degeneracy that becomes of a unified world without strong exclusive identities(which is in contrast with Zeon's strong nationalism and idealism), were pride,achievement and other vital,but intangible things get ignored for material gain and safety , as a overarching, bureaucratic government rules for the sake of maintaining their power,not caring about the future of the planet or of humankind.

The archetypical spacenoid represents the progress of man, with the larger picture being more important than individual liberties,human rights,and the constant trappings of egoism and individualism, as they fight for a cause much larger than themselves,it is'nt about what each person can get out of their struggle, but for the glory and progress of all of man. The idea is that Newtypes, with their newly awakened senses, can understand the big picture of the universe, and other people, allowing for greatness unseen by human society,free from the trappings of the sub-personal and individual outlooks of things, they look at something supra-personal, and deeply connect with even their worst enemies.This represents that they are free from the weight of the old age were consumerism,democracy,compliance and mediocrity kept human potential down by valuing the lowest common denominator at all times , on one hand returning to a more archaic system, but pushing forward at the same time.

Obviously plenty of Zeons and Newtypes would not fit this mold, but I feel that is what the general philosophy that comes with the quote entails.
Sacrosanct (man as microcosm)
Four temperaments (fuse) - statuesque entity
The fortitude of a pristine creature
Transcend tyranny- Quintessential Power
DelzaArmy

I shall state my reasons as well.

I feel that the Harry Ord quotes are pretty self explanatory; the wonders that is his UNIVERSE scream and the rant about references to butts.

But Gym Ghingham, as voiced by Takehito Koyasu, I believe requires a bit more explanation. I love Gym Ghingham's lines, character and personality. Why? He is ham-incarnate and not only does Takehito Koyasu do an amazing job, but he really, REALLY sounds like he's having fun voicing him. And I feel like that specific emotion behind his words is what really gives Gym's crazy character its goofy, yet bizarrely sinister, impact. Crazed excitement and mania as performed by a VA excited about his role.
Wingnut

Wufei: How many people do you think have died for you?!
Treize: Do you really want to know? As of yesterday 99,822 people.
Wufei: What?!
Treize: Lady, how many fatalities today?
Lady Une: We have confirmation of 82 White Fang soldiers and 105 of our own.
Treize: I see. Give me their names later today.
Right then is when you see just how far Treize has taken things with his plan from before day one to keep track of something like that, and remembering their names on top of it.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Amion

Wingnut wrote:
Wufei: How many people do you think have died for you?!
Treize: Do you really want to know? As of yesterday 99,822 people.
Wufei: What?!
Treize: Lady, how many fatalities today?
Lady Une: We have confirmation of 82 White Fang soldiers and 105 of our own.
Treize: I see. Give me their names later today.
Right then is when you see just how far Treize has taken things with his plan from before day one to keep track of something like that, and remembering their names on top of it.

Yes, that's probably the most memorable quote from Wing. When I heard that I was like, what? wait a minute. It's bizzarly funny, yet somehow dramatic. It also tells us just what kind of person Treize really was. And in typical Gundam fashion, it's right before he dies.

As for my personal favorite quote, I can't say I have one, usually because I forget them. Hm...something for me to think about.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
yazi88

The oldest and yet best quote ever: "Blame this on the misfortune of your birth" - Char Aznable.

"We jus abou had that tha mobile suit!" - Ortega (Redneck English Dub)
ShadowCell

i always rather liked Garrod's bit at the beginning of Gundam X:

"If this works, I'll believe in God!"
*it works*
"Tifa! I believe in God!"

it's, like, Garrod, in a nutshell. cheerful and mildly goofy and not at all a preachy whiny idealist like Banagher, a screaming angry douchebag like Shinn, or a brooding personalityless robot like Setsuna. it was great. still my favorite Gundam protagonist.

although i do have to give the White Trash-Stars some credit there. i watched the dub on DVD and when they spoke i had to pause the DVD so i could finish laughing my ass off.
Dark Duel

I'd have to agree, that was a great quote and essentially encompasses everything that makes Garrod such a great character.
Of quotes in Gundam that especially stick out in my mind...TBH there aren't that many.
Of course there is Char's brief conversation with Garma, as mentioned by yazi, which is Char at the apex of his Magnificent Bastardry - and pretty awesome to boot.

Pretty much almost any self-respecting Gundam fan should have heard of one of 0083's main, great lines, which begins when Anavel Gato criticizes Kou during the hijacking of "Gundam Unit 2" (aka the GP02 Physalis, though it is NEVER so named in the series IIRC). Cue the following exchange:
"Y...Yes, sir!"
-"I'm the ENEMY, YOU IDIOT!"
It's a hilarious exchange. I mean I know Gato was wearing a Federal Forces uniform, which might lend itself to confusion, but the fact that Kou instantly responds with "Yes, sir" to Gato is amusing because in my view it has two possible interpretations:
A. Kou might be someone who is so criticized by his superiors on at least occasional, if not regular basis. The animation doesn't really support this up to that point IIRC, but then again it's been years.
B. He's such a good little soldier that it's almost reflex to respond to anyone in uniform of higher rank with "Yes, sir". Not supported AT ALL IMO by the animation. I also don't like this one either because it makes him look like a total moron. Well, more than he already did at this point.

I wish I could remember specific examples, but 08th MS Team had a few gems of its own, too...I really need to watch that again.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
DuelGundam2099

"Erupting! Goddddddo/Burning! FIN(D)GAR!!!!!!! HEAT END!" -Domon Kasshu

Only gundam quote other than what Shadow Cell posted that I actually remember. There's also "Shining! FIN(D)GAR!" and "Takes this------Shining Fin(d)gar Sword!", but you get the idea. I swear the Japanese voice of Domon says it as "Find-Gar" rather than "Finger", never got that.

That is, unless this counts as a quote: "BEEEEEEEEEEEEERNIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" -Alfred; it actually annoys me more than anything.
Spoiler
And how can you forget "PURU PURU PURU PURU!"?
Arbiter GUNDAM

This quote pretty much sums up Duo's personality much more so than his line of "I may run and hide but I never tell a lie."

Duo: Why do I even bother with this guy? He's anti-social, thinks he's Evel Knievel and hardly speaks! Geez, you've got such a gloomy personality, why don't ya just give up and stop pretending to be human?
Heero: Hey!
Duo: What is it? You're too late if you think you can ask for my help.
Heero: Could you keep it down over there?
Duo: WELL! Excuse me for being a mere mortal!
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Wellman

"Next time Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam. You will see the tears of time."

Said at the end of every episode, it burns into you something and the narrator's voice is crack. Imagine hearing it at the end of a movie preview or even one for something like a preview of a professional sport game. If you have even a little emotionally invested with what the preview is about it gets you hyped. Or maybe it is just me.

"SOLOMON! I have returned."

Gundam 0083: Stardust Memories actually might have been my first exposure to Gundam. I remember marvel at the commericals for it that ran on Sunday morning cartoons back when syndication had those. But getting back to the quote, dude was named Nightmare of Solomon and it basically made him a legend even though his side lost the war and it weighs so down on him that he joined this revolution attempt. Him flying one of the symbols for winning side past their defenses throwing a nuke into the heart of it just demands memory space.

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome POWER! Its burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this! My love, my Anger, and all of my SORROW! SHINING FINGER SWORRRRRDDDD!!! GO! GO! GO!!!"

No explanation needed I believe.

Edit: I didn't realize we were doing explanations at first.
HellCat

"Sounds reasonable...too bad I'm an unreasonable man!"- Graham Aker, 00 First Season

It's a line which sums up Graham so well and one I'd apply to myself. The idea that when you're told to sit back and wait, you want to get in there and try with your own two hands even if you know you're going against the expectations of society.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Arbiter GUNDAM

"My efforts... are for my love of outer space."
--Lucrezia Noin

Yes, this line reveals a bit of Noin's personality but it also has a funny story attached to it. I believe this was in episode 4 and I was watching it out in the same room where my mom stores a lot of her stuff. She comes in right when that line was said and she starts making fun of the way Noin's VA said it. I turned around and gave her the dirtiest look a fifteen year old can muster. Oh great I just dated myself. :S
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Ferrus_Manus

The speech that Cardeas Vist gave to Banagher before he died. That really moved me. I also liked what Daguza said to Banagher before the Battle at the Laplace Colony.
Iron in Mind. Iron in Body
Kratos

I'm also partial to "Blame it on/curse the misfortune of your birth!" But I have an explanaion!
This is a quote that first presents us with Char's sense of self-righteous insanity. He remorselessly causes the death of a close friend, and does it opportunistically and in spite of there being no way that his target could have possibly been involved with what grieves him (and, in fact, he never actually manages to kill anybody that would have been responsible for Deikun's murder). We see here his alarming willingness to sacrifice innocents just to send a message, all while using his own bizarre rhetoric to justify his own actions - in other words, it's the first time that we get a glimpse of him as character, and a great example of what makes him such a magnificent bastard of a villain.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
Ouroboric

I always saw Char's actions as a direct attack on Degwin Zabi,the person who dies just no longer exists,it really is'nt that much of a disservice, but their family has to suffer the loss for much longer.Killing someone doesn't really make them suffer in the same way.I always felt that it was a more old testament Jewish "eye for an eye" style of revenge. I will agree about Char, we see from the beginning that people are instrumental for him.And he is definitely always willing to make human sacrifices for what ever cause he decides to take up.
Sacrosanct (man as microcosm)
Four temperaments (fuse) - statuesque entity
The fortitude of a pristine creature
Transcend tyranny- Quintessential Power