Gundam Characters You wish that Survived>

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Raptor

Re: Gundam Characters You wish that Survived>

I'm an odd duck(Or so my girlfriend says, mainly because she didn't want anyone to die in V), but a good story isn't good, in my opinion, without some character death, with few exceptions. WIth that in mind, a few that I saw no reason they should have died, for their death did almost nothing to the story.
Spoiler
Jerid Messa. Yes, he was the lynchpin for many deaths in Zeta, and he had killed Four, but the guy was never evil, he merely wanted to beat Kamille. He lost TWO love interests to Kamille. Despite the fact that his death signified the big change in Zeta, I still wanted him to live. Especially considering who actually did live afterwards.
Spoiler
Heine Westenfluss. Killing a character because you got someone famous is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. People threw a fit about Miguel, so why did they have to do it AGAIN with Heine? He was incredibly interesting, but no. That voice. Thank goodness Shiho never actually spoke.
Spoiler
Seric Abis. Dying to prove that Natora has what it takes to be a captain, even though that had been proved long ago. I see the point, but that doesn't mean that someone who had high enough speeds to avoid the Vagan Death Laser(Asemu) couldn't boost in and grab the cockpit. Ugh.
-Raptor, out.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I'm going to have ten people run across a field, five of which I believe have superior qualities. I shall then toss a grenade in front of them to see who survives even though that course of action might kill all the people I wanted to save.
Antares

Well yeah, some deaths in CE have been meaningless, like Raptor mentioned. I'm just tickled each time
Spoiler
Heine
is mentioned, though, because I remember Thundermuffin's most excellent fanfic-series, where, as I recall, the rather self-aware cast rush him because having him speak costs them too much money. I'm plugging the fic since I just reread all the best bits. The fic probably would be the best listing of what you could've done without (and more of) in CE. :mrgreen:
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Gisol888

well i'm new at this page and i haven't seen many gundam series already but there are some characters i really wish they had survived: In the gundam 00 series were plenty characters who didn't have to die :(

Lockon Stratos (Neil Dylandi) or Wang Liu Mai as an example. Sergei Smillnoff (i'll never be able to wright this name right^^) suddenly died. When i watched the first season i would have never expected such an end of his life.

But there's one character i really liked and i was so sad after this person died: :cry: I don't know if you'd understand me but i mean Hiling Care. She was so gorgeous and absoluteley hilarious! And i have to admit absoluteley cute. :wink: She wasn't really evil or something and i always laughed about her jokes. :D
And it was so sad when she died in the last episode. :cry: That wasn't a fight or something it was an execution. The fight didn't take one minute! Halleluja always said: "Show no mercy!", but i really recognized the meaning of this sentence not before Hiling died. :cry:
Setsuna never killed the pilots if it wasn't necessary. But Halleluja was a monster! At first he destroyed the escape pod so that Hiling was unable to escape.
And the most terrible moment was when she cried out for Ribbons: "Ribbons, save me!" before she got killed.
Why Halleluja?? That wasn't necessary! Without Veda she was already lost! But you had to become a murder once again! :x
I don't know if you understand why i like this character that much, but i really do!

There were so many characters where you thought there were dead, but they weren't! Patrick Colasaur (no idea how to wright it down) as an example or Graham Aker (the ironie: both died at last)
Innovators are able to survive in space (without Veda). And we never saw Hiling Cares body, so there's probably a chance that she had survived. And if not, Veda could make a new Hiling like Ribbons made before! :idea: But that's just an idea
R.I.P. Hiling Care who was hilarious, gorgeous, pretty, a bit crazy, beautiful, and cute!

greetings gisol888 who's going to watch every single gundam series!! :!:
wow animes are just awesome!
Arbiter GUNDAM

Dude, you're probably the only person I've met who actually likes Hilling. :D But hey, why not?

In any case, welcome to our madhouse, er, forum.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Gisol888

Thank you, but i've read from a few more person who really liked hiling care like this guy:(read the comments)

http://kotoaye.deviantart.com/art/Hilli ... -117562935

or that guy: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1718245/Cyberslayer-00 (top 12 favorite character hiling care: and there was another guy who translated gundam 00 from japanese to english when it came out and he really loved hiling but i cant find the page right now^^)

greetings gisol who is watching the original gundam series right now!
teslashark

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Dude, you're probably the only person I've met who actually likes Hilling. :D But hey, why not?

The only person I met who actually likes Hilling, too...
Dear Arbiter, I think Mecchatalk is Badhouse instead of a Madhouse.
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
Gisol888

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Dude, you're probably the only person I've met who actually likes Hilling. :D But hey, why not?
teslashark wrote: The only person I met who actually likes Hilling, too...
Well, maybe you'll meet a person who actually likes Ali Al-Saachez! That's worse than loving Hiling! :mrgreen:

But wouldn't the world become boring if we were all like each other, if we'd all like and hate the same persons and things !? Well we'd live all in peace^^ but it would be absolutely booooring^^. (well if everyone wants to rule there would be no peace but that's not what i'm up to)

And it's a strange syndrom of mine: In every series there's at least one person from the bad guys i really like, in wich i can see good! In gundam 00 it's Hiling Care! I mean: Hiling is a combat model: she was born into that: The only thing she can do is to fight and "to comfort" Devine :wink: :lol:
And i like persons who are loyal! I hate traitors (well,even if she wanted to she couldn't change the side: ribbons was smart enough to prevent something like that)She has so much fault of being an Innovator as i have guilt being german! (I'M NO NAZI :!: )

grettings Gisol who is different and who knows: "IT'S AWESOME TO BE DIFFERENT :!: " :D
Kei Katsuragi

Arbiter, if /m/ is to be believed (AND THEY ALWAYS ARE) then Mechatalk is the opposite of a madhouse. It's a heavily policed board where no one can have fun. And I do believe Chris has admitted to being a dictator. Point: This place is as sane as it gets whether you like it or not.

Anyway, fair warning Gisol888 your love of Hilling is fine, but don't expect a lot of mileage out of reminding people of it. To yourself and others, it gets old fast mentioning your obscure love of something every chance you get. Believe me.
#OrgussFanBoy
teslashark

Gisol888 wrote:
teslashark wrote: The only person I met who actually likes Hilling, too...
Well, maybe you'll meet a person who actually likes Ali Al-Saachez! That's worse than loving Hiling! :mrgreen:

But wouldn't the world become boring if we were all like each other, if we'd all like and hate the same persons and things !? Well we'd live all in peace^^ but it would be absolutely booooring^^. (well if everyone wants to rule there would be no peace but that's not what i'm up to)

And it's a strange syndrom of mine: In every series there's at least one person from the bad guys i really like, in wich i can see good! In gundam 00 it's Hiling Care! I mean: Hiling is a combat model: she was born into that: The only thing she can do is to fight and "to comfort" Devine :wink: :lol:
And i like persons who are loyal! I hate traitors (well,even if she wanted to she couldn't change the side: ribbons was smart enough to prevent something like that)She has so much fault of being an Innovator as i have guilt being german! (I'M NO NAZI :!: )

grettings Gisol who is different and who knows: "IT'S AWESOME TO BE DIFFERENT :!: " :D
I am asking you to kindly hang yourself, for the sake of showing you are in somewhere you won't fit. The thing you have in those posts is gutter fanboyism, lame fanworks by others, pointless arguing and an uncurable smiley addiction. You are making Different a dirty word, capital D. Die, would you kindly? Jump out of a window, noose yourself, or jump a subway to make someone else's life miserable than ours.
I do apologize to the admins for my words, but Gisol needs to either grow up or re grow.
Gisol888

teslashark wrote: I am asking you to kindly hang yourself, for the sake of showing you are in somewhere you won't fit. The thing you have in those posts is gutter fanboyism, lame fanworks by others, pointless arguing and an uncurable smiley addiction. You are making Different a dirty word, capital D. Die, would you kindly? Jump out of a window, noose yourself, or jump a subway to make someone else's life miserable than ours.
I do apologize to the admins for my words, but Gisol needs to either grow up or re grow.
I didn't mean i'm in love with a cartoon character, but this is a thread about dead gundam characters we wish they had survived! Of course you' have to like these characters!^^ But not in that way!

Maybe it sounded like that, but because all other persons said i'm the only person they met who actually likes Hiling Care i wanted to show the others my feeling why i like this person! And i'm always writing a bit too detailed!^^

BUT for gods sake i'm NOT in love with a cartoon character! Have you ever heard of "Bronies"?? There are many of them who are in love with the characters of that show but i'm not!^^ (I was just in a little depression when i watched gundam 00 and so it got me more than usual!)

I absoluteley understand you why you hate those people who are really in love with cartoon characters: They won't get happy for their whole life and are always frustrated because of that!
But i'm non of them! :!:

greetings gisol888 who is different, but not that different^^ :wink:
ShadowCell

uh, wow, what the hell happened here

calm down, guys
GX9900-Gundam-X

Gisol888 wrote:
teslashark wrote: I am asking you to kindly hang yourself, for the sake of showing you are in somewhere you won't fit. The thing you have in those posts is gutter fanboyism, lame fanworks by others, pointless arguing and an uncurable smiley addiction. You are making Different a dirty word, capital D. Die, would you kindly? Jump out of a window, noose yourself, or jump a subway to make someone else's life miserable than ours.
You know what how about you don't be a dick he has a favorite and i dont thing he is shoving down our esophagus you dont ask people no matter what to KILL THEM SELVES so unless your ready to do it yourself please be polite and dont say such vulgar things
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
Arbiter GUNDAM

Anyway, to get back to the point of the thread, I kind of wished that Julia had survived so she and Spike could get a happy ending.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
teslashark

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Anyway, to get back to the point of the thread, I kind of wished that Julia had survived so she and Spike could get a happy ending.
Don't know what Faye would think, though.
GX9900-Gundam-X

Ahmos Gale from SPT Layzner I just really liked the guy and wished he could have lived
also Gai Daigoji I feel his being alive would have made the Nadescico movie bearable
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
teslashark

GX9900-Gundam-X wrote:Ahmos Gale from SPT Layzner I just really liked the guy and wished he could have lived
also Gai Daigoji I feel his being alive would have made the Nadescico movie bearable
If Gai is not shanked, maybe he'll be the Prince of Darkness, so it would be more horrible....
tHeWasTeDYouTh

Jerid, long live the Titans

he should have gone back to pilot school and increased his piloting skills plus maybe he should have become a cyber newtype
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
BrentD15

In my opinion, Nena Trinity should have survived, and I know how this could happen.

According to 00V Senki, she was offered the Arche Gundam Drei, which was an upgraded version of her Throne Drei like how Ali Al-Saachez upgraded the Throne Zwei to the Arche Gundam, by the Innovators if she decided to join with them.

She uses her new mobile suit to find and kill Ali using the Arche Gundam Drei's GN Stealth Field, which will disrupt Ali's Arche Gundam's sensors, communications and beam composition, thus restricting him to using only his Arche Gundam's GN Buster Sword and line-of-sight.

After she exacts her revenge, if Louise shows up in the Regnant, she won't recognize the Arche Gundam Drei as the Throne Drei, thus, in theory, Louise won't recognize her. Nena then escapes with the Arche Drei to rejoin Celestial Being.

Just my theory on how that would work.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
teslashark

BrentD15 wrote:In my opinion, Nena Trinity should have survived, and I know how this could happen.

According to 00V Senki, she was offered the Arche Gundam Drei, which was an upgraded version of her Throne Drei like how Ali Al-Saachez upgraded the Throne Zwei to the Arche Gundam, by the Innovators if she decided to join with them.

She uses her new mobile suit to find and kill Ali using the Arche Gundam Drei's GN Stealth Field, which will disrupt Ali's Arche Gundam's sensors, communications and beam composition, thus restricting him to using only his Arche Gundam's GN Buster Sword and line-of-sight.

After she exacts her revenge, if Louise shows up in the Regnant, she won't recognize the Arche Gundam Drei as the Throne Drei, thus, in theory, Louise won't recognize her. Nena then escapes with the Arche Drei to rejoin Celestial Being.

Just my theory on how that would work.
Somehow, I think Nena will lose the will to live after defeating Ali, or fighting Louise again. Maybe she'll just detonate herself in front of Louise as a final prank.
BrentD15

Another character I wish would've surive would be either Elpeo Puru or Puru Two.
For Elpeo Puru: The only reason she sacrificed herself was to give Judau the emotional fuel to beat Puru Two in her Psycho Gundam Mk II. And besides, she shoudln't have gone out there anyway, especially in her pajamas :mrgreen:.

For Puru Two: I know she was critically injured from the Quin Mantha exploding (mostly because of Judau's/ZZ Gundam's butter-fingers :lol:), and she shouldn't have wasted what's left of her energy trying to find Judau after he beat Haman.

Just my opinions. :mrgreen:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25