The Official Eureka Seven Ao Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
DuelGundam2099

Re: The Official Eureka Seven Ao Anime Thread Mk I

Okay so this week's episode....
Spoiler
-Trapar allergies become a global pandemic for two minutes
-Naru has revival powers
-Quartz Gun has a mind of it's own and Renton built it (currently incomplete)
-Something about Truth growing up in Germany
-Time travel and alternate dimensions
-They actually referenced Panty and Stocking and I think Code Geass :shock:
-Noah hijacks a camera
Compass

Watch the next week's PV for NOvAHload.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Toxicity

Looks like I'm the first one to have seen episode 18. I don't feel this show is really making good use of it's limited time remaining (only 7 more episodes after this week, right?).

Ao's "defection" to the US Carrier seemed incredibly pointless to me. It's understandable that he didn't want himself and the weapon to be used for GB's whims, but why would he think that things would be any different if he handed himself over to the US, especially after Tanaka began saying stuff like "You and the Nirvash now belong to us." He seemed willing to go through with it too until Fleur and Elena showed up.
iCards

You know an episode is weird when Elena is the one who makes sense.
DuelGundam2099

Well, that was a pointless fan service episode. To add to distaste they even had a reference Madoka Majunka. :roll: At least Truth comes back next week.
Compass

Hey, there was plenty of Noah. That's all that I needed :lol:
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
DuelGundam2099

With him munching on all that candy you have to wonder if sloths can get diabetes or not. :?
Compass

DuelGundam2099 wrote:With him munching on all that candy you have to wonder if sloths can get diabetes or not. :?
I don't believe Noah has eaten anything else at all since the leaves in the early episodes. I think he'll be okay.
Strike105

After the candy bowl fell on Noah's head, did anyone else think about putting on Michael Jackson's Thriller?
Compass

Yes, but I thought I was crazy. Now a meme is born.
Toxicity

I'm bewildered that Truth is able to just walk into GB's headquarters for like the 3rd damn time this series. You'd think after the first time it happened steps would be taken to prevent such an infiltration from happening again, but there I go again trying to make sense of a silly cartoon.

Whelp, based on the preview Truth survived the explosion, so I think we have a new contender for the "Characters with the thickest plot armor" contest. It'll be tough to compete with other characters who've survived point blank nuclear explosions like Heero Yuy and Kira Yamato who did so without superpowers like flight or the ability to summon up fire without flint or tinder. Truth does have super cool blue hair though, so that's got to be worth something.

Hopefully in a few years I can marathon this show and get more enjoyment the second time around. Seems like BONES shows tend to be better when marathoned because you're not forced to wait 3 weeks between episodes because japan cannot into proper scheduling, which brings me to another thing. I've heard a rumor that whichever station is airing this nonsense does not actually plan to air the final two episodes of E7:Ao due to a conflict with a new fall season show.

Sorry if it seems my rants just blur into one another, I've just gotten off work and am pretty damned tired, so I can't be arsed to proofread myself too much right now.
DuelGundam2099

Whelp, based on the preview Truth survived the explosion, so I think we have a new contender for the "Characters with the thickest plot armor" contest.
Zero from Gear Fighter Dendoh says "hi".

Anyway, despite the lack of action I thought this ep was sort of good if only 'cause it explains Truth's back story. Really hoping there will be more secret fighting soon.
Compass

I honestly thought
Spoiler
Everyone in-universe knew Truth was a Secret.
I mean, what else would he be?
Shapeshifting, magical powers, giant arms, can fight IFOs... did people think he was a human?
DAG101

I just realized, in the opening, when we see Ao in his flight suit and an image of Eureka...there's a shot of what I think is an older Renton, in shadow, and with his back to the camera...

Also, I'm wondering if perhaps Naru's Mark II Nirvash might someday become the TypetheEND...it's a Nirvash model with homing lasers, so it's possible. Hey, maybe the Mark I becomes the TypeZERO and Naru's Mark II becomes the TypetheEND...seems like the kind of timeline mess that this show would throw at us XD

Actually...that could make sense...Naru's Mark II seems to be a copy, not the original, so it wouldn't be TOO convoluted if that ends up happening...even if her Nirvash IS Eureka's Mark II, it could still work...and was there ever any proof that Ao's Mark I was the one that Renton is supposed to be building? Because I thought it was shown that when Eureka appeared in the past, she was in the Nirvash from the first series.
Compass

I'm pretty sure that, like the original opening, Renton will be revealed when he appears as a character, if he does so.

Also, at this point, we should no longer consider time travel to make any sense, considering Ao REWROTE TIME.
DAG101

Well, we've got plenty of statements implying he'll appear, and there's that silhouette that looks KINDA looks like him in the opening.

And wouldn't Ao rewriting time make time travel MORE plausable?

Also, isn't the show only supposed to be twenty-four episodes? if so, I'm expecting things to start heating up VERY fast. Also, I'm hoping we get back to whatever it is that Gazelle's group (I think) photographed in the basement a while back, because we've gone a while without finding out what E7 Ao's Lilith standin is. Although, in this last episode, Elena mentioned something about the thing in the basement, and did a pose that looked kinda like the thing in the blurry photo.

Also, I'm intrigued by the (presumably) Evangelion-referencing degradation of the next-episode preview...first, the episode would end with 'to be continued' and then we'd get credits, then the preview, which would always have voiceover...a few episodes, the voiceovers pretty much stopped, and I think this last episode ditched the 'to be continued', as well.

Also,
Spoiler
Christophe Blanc killing Truth...hell, that ENTIRE SEQUENCE, was just awesoem...we have Fleur taking Ao into the basement...then shooting Christophe, who turns out to be Truth, Truth just beats them down in a fraction of a second...and Christophe shows up with guards, has them distract Truth, gets the kids out, then calmly walks in and starts shooting at the unkillable Secret...and then kills him. Wow.
And,
Spoiler
did we get confirmation that Elena is Eureka's first child? She mentioned Eureka bringing her to Ao's world, and there have been several parts where Elena had flashbacks to Eureka's world...but Elena looks NOTHING like Eureka or Renton...
Compass

Is anyone else getting heavy NGE vibes from this? The moment they started flying those bombers, it felt like the final NERV attack...
DAG101

I've been getting NGE vibes for the longest time...the show's used a few shots clearly mirrored after NGE, and yeah, the bombers definitely gave me an End of Evangelion attack-on-NERV feeling...
Compass

I also find it kind of weird how Truth just basically blew up the Poseidon. What the hell was that for?

Also, watching Elena explode as her DL of anime failed at 95% was funny.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

I don't normally say this, because it just sounds strange, but Christophe Blanc is a totally BAMF.

Also I have a feeling Truth will survive. After all, Blanc did pretty much say "Even you won't survive this without a scratch"...so I am pretty sure he knew it wouldn't kill Truth. Probably just wound him or something...

And I love Elena! In case people missed the reference, she was pretending to be Lilith on the cross from NGE!

I don't normally get all of her references to anime/manga, but I got this one!

And I think all of Truth's reactions this episode was simply him having a hissy fit over being a Secret. For a guy who has superpowers, he is VERY immature.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020