The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Wingnut

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread Mk III

reeoyuy wrote:Just like the title "Love, friendship, and mobile suit" episode 17 is about...well, those three.
As Shawee says youth is all about. Friendship sure, and love for those lucky enough to find it, but I can't recall anything in my youth about actual mobile suits. :|
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

But then you're not living in the Advanced Generation era.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Arbiter GUNDAM

I had mobile suits in my youth but we called 'em Zords back then. :)

Also, do those farmer guys kinda look like Mario and Luigi?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
ShadowCell

pffff Shawie and Macil after Romary leaves

"AND JUST HOW LONG HAS THIS BEEN GOING ON?!"
zerogradius

Intersting ep. Zeheart and his cohort remined me of the Cyclops team from 0080. Romary clearly likes Asemu, but she develops feelings for Zeheart ridiculously easily. The action was okay, and Asemu manages to earn another kill, though the Vagan spy escaped at the last second. The Zedas R appears and was in position to strike the Gundam Age down before Romary appeared and called out Asemu's name. He stopped, I guess because he discovers that Asemu is the pilot, but I don't understand how he ever heard her in the first place. Asemu tells her to get out of there, but then he positions himself right next to her, almost like he was using her as a shield, though I'm sure that was not his intent. The Zedas R could have and should have destroyed the Gundam, which makes me wonder if they are trying to capture it or dispose of it.

And I really don't understand how the Vagan spy could say that he cannot get near the Asuno house because of tight security, yet he drove a truck with a MS clearly at the back of it (the sheet did not cover everything) all the way to the front door before anyone noticed. In 0080, the Cyclps team had to smuggle in their Kaempfer in pieces and reassembled it, yet in Age the Vagans are breaking into the colony with mobile suits at willl. I think they need to redefine what they consider tight security.
Arbiter GUNDAM

zerogradius wrote:Romary clearly likes Asemu, but she develops feelings for Zeheart ridiculously easily.
Well, Ranka did fall in love with Alto pretty fast too, in that first episode. :D

--Freyja Wion
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

And Zeheart did save Romary's face from getting smashed in seconds earlier. That would've really complicated things.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Destiny_Gundam

Well looks like we'll have a legitimate love triangle this time.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Arbiter GUNDAM

Unfortunately, unlike Macross, we already know how this ends.

dammit.
Last edited by Arbiter GUNDAM on Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

--Freyja Wion
Wellman

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Unfortunately, unlike Macross, we already know hoe this ends.

dammit.
Yeah, but it will still be lovely to see the entire thing blow up in their faces. And thankfully, it is looking like they are going to give the losing side some decent screen time, to develop the Vegans better.
Sume Gai

I'm hguessing you watched the episode raw zerogradius
zerogradius wrote:Intersting ep. Zeheart and his cohort remined me of the Cyclops team from 0080. Romary clearly likes Asemu, but she develops feelings for Zeheart ridiculously easily.
You might just be grateful to the two boys who save you from getting blasted by MS or smashed in the face by a flying wrench. I think at the moment that's her feelings are mainly of gratitude. though it seems a time skip is coming which may develop those feelings.
The action was okay, and Asemu manages to earn another kill, though the Vagan spy escaped at the last second. The Zedas R appears and was in position to strike the Gundam Age down before Romary appeared and called out Asemu's name. He stopped, I guess because he discovers that Asemu is the pilot, but I don't understand how he ever heard her in the first place. Asemu tells her to get out of there, but then he positions himself right next to her, almost like he was using her as a shield, though I'm sure that was not his intent.
Zeheart was aware that Asemu was the pilot ahead of time what seemed to unnerve him was Romary's sudden appearance (methinks he's keeping his enemies a bit too close for his own good). Hearing a girl scream at you from outside of a mobile suit is damn common in Gundam so no need to address that. I interpreted Asemu movement towards Romary as to put himself in a position to protect her though an amateurish and ineffective one but Asemu is definitely still rough around the edges in fighting.
The Zedas R could have and should have destroyed the Gundam, which makes me wonder if they are trying to capture it or dispose of it.
Dialog at the end of the episode makes it clear that their mission is to seize the Gundam as well as a line in the fight where Zeheart promises (to himself) not to kill Asemu
And I really don't understand how the Vagan spy could say that he cannot get near the Asuno house because of tight security, yet he drove a truck with a MS clearly at the back of it (the sheet did not cover everything) all the way to the front door before anyone noticed.
when they said it was difficult to get closer to the Asuno house they meant on foot to confirm where the Gundam was if they attacked it and the Gundam hadn't been there they might have blown their entire mission pointlessly. As for the Dorado on the truck I doubt it was sitting outside the perimeter of the house for very long beyond that it seems great-grandpa Vargas is the one in charge of that seccurity and was distracted at the time.

I have to say overall this was an interesting episode it shows us one of those competitions more than one Gundam protagonist is said to be good at as a precourser to falling in the cockpit. It also lets Zeheart and Asemu interact in what seems to be a genuinely friendly way that seems like good set up for some nasty tragedy in the future. (I can see a SEED situation where two honest friends have to fight each other though this time I worry Flit's bigotry may lead to a much worse outcome.)

Also one of my favorite moments this Episode Seeing Zeheart run from a group of Genoaces. Apparently even in his high quality Zedas R he thinks they are a threat. Yay for some indirect respect for Genoaces!
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
2NA Fish

Bleh... Didn't really like this week's episode so much.

Two guys in a 4WD holding off the Dorado... Dorado's very slow reaction to the smokescreen which allowed Asem an easy escape.

And of course, Flit endangering his entire family by hiding military weapons on the grounds of the family home, when he's got his own personal hangar unit somewhere else. "The Gundam will be safe here." "No ZOINKS Grandpa! Why wasn't it here before?!"

The other thing that struck me was how Asem's got an incredibly nice ass during the ending theme.
Destiny_Gundam

Sume Gai wrote:You might just be grateful to the two boys who save you from getting blasted by MS or smashed in the face by a flying wrench. I think at the moment that's her feelings are mainly of gratitude. though it seems a time skip is coming which may develop those feelings.
I dunno, Romary certainly hasn't stared at Asemu the same way she stared at Zeheart.
ShadowCell

i hope Millais shows up soon and breaks AGE's ongoing streak of females who make me want to reach through the fourth wall and smack them upside the heads for being so god damned stupid and useless. Emily started off entertaining but rapidly slid downhill; Yurin made me want to pull the stars down from the sky and crush them in my angry hands just to watch her cry; and now Romary is testing the upper limit of my patience.

come on, Millais. you can do it. you're the captain now. you can be awesome. make daddy proud.
SlowTurtle

ShadowCell not a day goes by that you don't make me laught and I fully agree with you on the female cast of Gundam Age.
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."
--Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: Generations
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Oh so NOW people are starting to talk about how there are no strong females in age (except for Millas)...I have been saying this from the beginning, but NO!!! No one wants to listen to the girl! ;)

And please Gundam AGE, give me at least ONE female pilot who does SOMETHING. Give me something here! 00 had a plenty, Seed/Destiny had a few, Wing had......Rellina?...kind of...a little... un puo?

Well at least I have you Shrike Team.............
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Mu La Flaga

Soma Taozi wrote:Oh so NOW people are starting to talk about how there are no strong females in age (except for Millas)...I have been saying this from the beginning, but NO!!! No one wants to listen to the girl! ;)

And please Gundam AGE, give me at least ONE female pilot who does SOMETHING. Give me something here! 00 had a plenty, Seed/Destiny had a few, Wing had......Rellina?...kind of...a little... un puo?

Wing had Lt Noin. :P
hotlimit

Mu La Flaga wrote:
Soma Taozi wrote:Oh so NOW people are starting to talk about how there are no strong females in age (except for Millas)...I have been saying this from the beginning, but NO!!! No one wants to listen to the girl! ;)

Wing had Lt Noin. :P
Yeah, who could forget Noin!!?
Sume Gai

Sadly I've come to expect that kind of treatment for women in most anime though I often hope for better such characters are few and far between. Also Shrike Team; yeah the girls who were brutally killed off one by one with near zero character development over the first fourth of a series not what I'd call shining paragons of strong womanhood...

Of course I think it's hardly fair to condemn Romary just yet Lets see how and why she winds up on the Diva,and what she does there.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Destiny_Gundam

Well this generation has this girl. Bonus points for being voiced by Kallen herself.