The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
zetatype

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread Mk III

HellCat wrote:I am very glad that the 'Flit is now a complete bastard who took pity sex from Emily and then gave the resulting children the cold shoulder' was proven wrong. He's not fully healthy but he's not Gendo Ikari with green hair.
That would have made him worse than Gendo. While Gendo was no father figure at least he genuinely loved Yui, at least I think he did.
Destiny_Gundam

Not much else to say that hasn't already been said. Flit is a good dad, if rarely home and I'm 100% in favour of surprise imouto!

Asemu will no doubt be further compared to Kamille, what with his hobby of minurature mobile suits.

The battle was very well done and has some cool animation. I really want to know who that Genoace pilot was.

A very good start.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Ferrus_Manus

I suspect that the Genoace II is piloted by Largan Drace.
Iron in Mind. Iron in Body
ydawg314

Great fight scene but still I wish the grunts could do more... At least even pull out a beam saber instead of just looking like deer in headlights
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee
DuelGundam2099

.......... This new opening theme.......... It has to be the worst theme in any gundam anything to date. I mean there is plenty of the music in the franchise I don't care for, but good lord, it is rare for me to out right distaste a theme (op or ed) in an anime let alone a friggin' Gundam series of all places. The new ending theme is only slightly better.

Everything else about this episode was neat though. 8)
latenlazy

Am I the only one who loled because Asem calls his great grandfather Vargas?
ChaosGhidorah

I really liked the start of this new era as well and I'm looking forward to see where things will go from here.

Also, this might just be me, but does anyone else think that Woolf now kinda looks like a white haired Wolverine? Hm, it's probably the muttonchops... ^^
Chris
Administrator

I hope this episode showing that Flit is not Gendo proves to everyone the folly of trying to assume things about AGE from screenshots and magazine scans.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Admiral Larsen

Chris wrote:I hope this episode showing that Flit is not Gendo proves to everyone the folly of trying to assume things about AGE from screenshots and magazine scans.
Who knows, we'll just have to wait and see as this episode starts of Asem's arc of the story. Wait until they truly get into a battle situation then we'll have to make our judgemetns.
ShadowCell

a Gundam boy actually getting along with his parents?!

i am in shock. shock, i say.
DuelGundam2099

I think Chris was directing that at the people who complained about AGE when it was first announced and wound up enjoying the series.
a Gundam boy actually getting along with his parents?!
And they're still alive at this point! :shock: Although I'm pretty sure Uso from Victory didn't have parent issues from what I recall.
SonicSP

What the hell did I just saw? Quite possibly my favorite AGE episode yet.

-I really like the slice of life feel we get for most of the episode. I never really liked it that much for Flit's opening ep but it feels much more natural and more well done for Asem in my opinion. It never really felt too slow but the action felt like it wasn't too short but not too long either. Perfect.

-I like both the OP and ED alot, but mainly the ED. Much much better than Flit's IMO, but maybe because the ED's musical style is more my taste. The animations of both are also pretty neat, I really felt like they synch well with the music and the running long thing was awesome as well.

-Flit seems awesome as well, he's obviously still hung up over Yurin's death and wants vengence and this flows well too in a sense because even though its been decades, for us it was just two episodes ago.

-Also, the Veigan and EF war really feels like a war now. There's territory taking, negotiations and communications. Whereas last time it felt more like they were just terrorists picking and choosing targets, very little formal communications and such. I'm guessing we'll have more details as the episode come by.

-Also, Asem's fighting style is very clearly different from Flit, even if he's without the DODS. I can't remember a time where Flit used both sabers, and his movement were clearly different as well. How Asem knows how to pilot a suit attributing to his MS club experience is nice as well. Even had a dagger throw at one point and taking the arm of the other Dorado. Very neatly done Asem.

-Asem is also a pretty cool guy in general. He's very different from Flit so far I guess, in the sense that he has a relatively normal upbringing. Flit had to live seven years alone and focusing nothing but the Gundam. Asem's just doing his own thing I guess. I really like him so far, andhey say his personality is going to be different from Flit, so it would be interesting to see where they take him

-Like the fact that Flit kept the Gundam in the place where he thinks it would be needed the most.

-Zehart mentioned "target" when he saw the Gundam. I wonder if it means that they came here mainly because they wanted to kill the Gundam? Well grudges hold long I guess.

-Wow, just when the Genoace was starting to look competent in recent episodes witht he DODS Guna nd saber, its upgrade got its ass kick in this one badly. Not too surprising I guess, since the Dorado is new MP model.
Dean_the_Young

Very good 'first' episode, and I definitely think I'll like this section even more. The animation change gives me relief.

Besides the curiosity towards Asem's want-to-please-daddy issues, novel given that Flit's not a bad father, I also am looking forwards to the best character of the show, Wolf and Grodek, for when/if they come back. The sooner the better.

Really liked the Genoace, and was surprised how long it lasted and how it made a difference. I hope we get to see the pilot.

PowerdGNFlag wrote:
Bigger LOL at kid!Asem playing with G-Exes gunpla at the ED.
You just know that Wolf gave him that, and that Flit had jealousy issues. :)
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
ShadowCell

i think Asem wins the award for Most Stylish First Sortie.

that and whoever was in that Genoace that got demolished at least deserves credit for the assist.

the teamwork between the Dorados struck me as something new, too. i don't think we've seen the Veigans actually really doing that before.
SonicSP

Also, I must say Flit and Asem pics in the ending are nice. Shows that Asem got what Flit didn't have, at least not for as long.
VentZX

Dean_the_Young wrote:
PowerdGNFlag wrote:Bigger LOL at kid!Asem playing with G-Exes gunpla at the ED.
I doubt it about the jealousy issues. What's more likely is that Flit probably grew up idolizing Woolf. After all, Asemu is an MS enthusiast. It'll be interesting to see when he enlists and actually gets to meet his hero. The fact that we see Asemu dual wielding in his very first sortie, something Woolf was previously well known for the in the G-Exes adds a bit of weight to that speculation.

Edit:
Also, I really like the idea of Gunpla existing in a universe with actual MS. I mean, it makes complete sense. We have scale models of real military hardware, after all. Asemu went from playing with plamo as a kid, to building mini MS in school, to piloting the real deal.
Dark Duel

That is a nice touch - Gunpla in a real Gundam series :)
ChaosGhidorah wrote:Also, this might just be me, but does anyone else think that Woolf now kinda looks like a white haired Wolverine? Hm, it's probably the muttonchops... ^^
It's not just you. I had exactly the same thought when I saw it in a pic a few days back. AND I LIKED IT.
Haven't actually seen the ep itself yet. Probably be Tuesday before I can watch it.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Amion

VentZX wrote:
Dean_the_Young wrote:
PowerdGNFlag wrote:Bigger LOL at kid!Asem playing with G-Exes gunpla at the ED.
I doubt it about the jealousy issues. What's more likely is that Flit probably grew up idolizing Woolf. After all, Asemu is an MS enthusiast. It'll be interesting to see when he enlists and actually gets to meet his hero. The fact that we see Asemu dual wielding in his very first sortie, something Woolf was previously well known for the in the G-Exes adds a bit of weight to that speculation.

Edit:
Also, I really like the idea of Gunpla existing in a universe with actual MS. I mean, it makes complete sense. We have scale models of real military hardware, after all. Asemu went from playing with plamo as a kid, to building mini MS in school, to piloting the real deal.
you know, I wonder why the idea of gunpla models hasn't come up before. It does indeed make perfect sense. then again, wouldn't advanced military hardware remain secret until long after it was put into service?

Well, I will just have to say that I really disliked the op theme, but loved the ending. While I enjoyed the episode, I am having worries about how long it will take for the fighting to actually begin.

I find it very intriguing that this whole scenario of Zeheart and the Veigan attacking and observing the gundam to be familiar. Since Zeheart is the masked character of this series, that means this whole arc is following along the lines of the original series, or perhaps zeta, which means a gundam jack is in order.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Deathzealot

Hmmm... Perhaps that Genoace pilot is Woolf since we know he is a Federation MS Commander in this arc. NAH! If that was so then that Genoace would be in White not in regular colors. Also weren't those other MS modified Shaldolls? I guess Madorna has started selling them to colonies for their own militia security force or something.

The new ending has various scenes with Zeheart, Asemu, and Rosama (sp?) are interesting look at what I guess is their future relationship together. Also we get a scene where an adult Flit is in a flight suit putting his helmet onto child Asemu head, gives us an idea that Flit continued to pilot for the Federation after the end of the first arc. Though i wonder if he still piloted the AGE-1 during this or maybe had some sort of new machine. Perhaps teamed up with Madorna to develop his own custom machine.

Anyways a great episode and an interesting start to the second arc of the series. Can't wait to see where this arc is going to go.
ZeonsSilverStar

Well I gotta say Asem has performed what may become one of my favorite first fights. He floundered around abit but he took out the Dorados with two swords, I have a thing for dual wielding. As for Zeheart I look forward to whats in store for him.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar