Gundam SEED HD Remaster airs Winter 2011

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
monster

Re: Gundam SEED HD Remaster airs Winter 2011

Has Sunrise actually done anything for the x5 anniversaries? I thought it's just for the x0 anniversaries.
PowerdGNFlag

monster wrote:Has Sunrise actually done anything for the x5 anniversaries? I thought it's just for the x0 anniversaries.
For the 5th anniversary in 1984, Sunrise did not do anything of note for Gundam.

For the 15th (1994), we had G Gundam (first AU series), but this may also be reasoned to be due to the Bandai-Sunrise acquisition shenanigans.

For the 25th (2004) we had MS IGLOO (first full-CGI series/OVA) and Destiny (first AU sequel series).

So there's a good chance of having something big for 2014.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
schwarz ritter

PowerdGNFlag wrote: So there's a good chance of having something big for 2014.
Before anyone says "The Origin", I seriously doubt it. That being said, its possible that we might be seeing another UC OVA. What source material it would be, or if it would be another OYW spinoff (pray God it isn't), isn't really possible to say. I personally wish that, if Bandai decides to go back to UC, then they should at least adapt some of the good UC side-stories like Sentinel. But that's just my personal opinion.
Reinhard: "Of course, grades in school aren't a good indicator. They focus too much on memorization and imitation, and don't foster imagination."
Kircheis: "What you find important are imaginative and conceptual capabilities, right?"
Reinhard: "That's right."
Mythgarr

Sentinel would probably comes out in OVA if comes out at all, due to the designs and details of S and Ex-S Gundams that would be hard to animate unless they go CG route.

I for one wants to fill the gap between Unicorn and F91. Or heck, expand F91 into full fledged series.
Visit The Dreams
schwarz ritter

Mythgarr wrote: I for one wants to fill the gap between Unicorn and F91. Or heck, expand F91 into full fledged series.
That would be better, yes. :D

But I take it F91 was some sort of failure or something? So I doubt it :(
Reinhard: "Of course, grades in school aren't a good indicator. They focus too much on memorization and imitation, and don't foster imagination."
Kircheis: "What you find important are imaginative and conceptual capabilities, right?"
Reinhard: "That's right."
Kuruni

HellCat wrote:
Kuruni wrote:I won't say I understand Japanese enough, but I think that calling SeeD movie (if there is one) a celebration to 35th anniversary...won't end well.

It's one thing if they manage to keep the momentum (back when you had vibe that CE might be "new main timeline") to today, but right now it's just another AU. It would be like making some older Sentai movie to celebrate XXth anniversary, no matter how popular the serie was, you just don't get the feeling that it should be use as milestone.

Now if it's ORIGIN, then it's different story... Although I think it would make much more sense if Sunrise simply make something epic out of whatever series running in 2014 (unless it flop as bad as AGE).
Not sure I follow your logic. Super Sentai and Kamen Rider have celebrated anniversaries in the last few years by directly tieing back to the earliest shows and even used both celebrations to bring back Space Sheriff Gavan, another live action hero who had been in mothballs.

I'm not saying a SEED movie would be the only anniversary thing they do. I believe for the 30th the big announcements were the 1/1 Gundam, Unicorn and the 00 movie. A SEED movie would thus be part of wider celebrations and it's still easily popular enough in Japan to get the attention. After all, it is the only AU Gundam getting a fancy re-release.
They bring back older stuff, but those return characters aren't center of the show, it's the current show at time that got most spotlight. They return to work with current show. See the pattern from 30th anniversary? It's MSG (the originator), Unicorn (newly creat back then, and make heavy referrence to older show, but not actually bring them back) and 00 movie (the current generation back then). Making SeeD movie to celebration, when compare to Kamen Rider and Super Sentai, would be something like release another movie for Kabuto and Gaoranger, without crossover element. You should see it now, those two are very popular back during their run, but not iconic enough.

The only way I can see it work is that if SeeD movie has crossover element (...serious?). Even so, it's must wiser choice to use whatever the 2014 Gundam series, unless Bandai/Sunrise doesn't plan to release other TV series for two years, that is.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Mythgarr

schwarz ritter wrote:
Mythgarr wrote: I for one wants to fill the gap between Unicorn and F91. Or heck, expand F91 into full fledged series.
That would be better, yes. :D

But I take it F91 was some sort of failure or something? So I doubt it :(
It was marred by production dispute,
much like the maligned but cult sensation Gundam X. (Airmaster's still the sexiest Gundam ever!)
Visit The Dreams
Dark Duel

The original AirMaster is basically G1 Starscream in Gundam form.
Yeah, it IS awesome.
But this is diverging rather off-topic.

My opinion on this Seed HD thing? Well to be honest I only watched episodes 1, 2, and 35-48. So most of it I skipped. But frankly, the whole thing struck me as unnecessary. THOUGH I am grateful that we got an M1 Astray HG kit out of the whole thing (Needless to say I picked that up first chance I got), cutting stuff out of the frame to make it fake-widescreen is kinda pathetic, most of the changes described were completely unnecessary and IMO actually served to make the HDR a POORER product overall than the original - with the sole exception of cutting out the two episodes of clip shows - which anyone who watches the original release can do anyway by just skipping those episodes.
The only other thing is I got to add another pretty good song to my anime music library.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Mythgarr

I actually rewatch SEED last month front to back and have no intentions of getting the remaster.....somehow. Not even Flay's enhanced properties could lure me.
Visit The Dreams
HellCat

Kuruni wrote:
HellCat wrote:
Kuruni wrote:I won't say I understand Japanese enough, but I think that calling SeeD movie (if there is one) a celebration to 35th anniversary...won't end well.

It's one thing if they manage to keep the momentum (back when you had vibe that CE might be "new main timeline") to today, but right now it's just another AU. It would be like making some older Sentai movie to celebrate XXth anniversary, no matter how popular the serie was, you just don't get the feeling that it should be use as milestone.

Now if it's ORIGIN, then it's different story... Although I think it would make much more sense if Sunrise simply make something epic out of whatever series running in 2014 (unless it flop as bad as AGE).
Not sure I follow your logic. Super Sentai and Kamen Rider have celebrated anniversaries in the last few years by directly tieing back to the earliest shows and even used both celebrations to bring back Space Sheriff Gavan, another live action hero who had been in mothballs.

I'm not saying a SEED movie would be the only anniversary thing they do. I believe for the 30th the big announcements were the 1/1 Gundam, Unicorn and the 00 movie. A SEED movie would thus be part of wider celebrations and it's still easily popular enough in Japan to get the attention. After all, it is the only AU Gundam getting a fancy re-release.
They bring back older stuff, but those return characters aren't center of the show, it's the current show at time that got most spotlight. They return to work with current show. See the pattern from 30th anniversary? It's MSG (the originator), Unicorn (newly creat back then, and make heavy referrence to older show, but not actually bring them back) and 00 movie (the current generation back then). Making SeeD movie to celebration, when compare to Kamen Rider and Super Sentai, would be something like release another movie for Kabuto and Gaoranger, without crossover element. You should see it now, those two are very popular back during their run, but not iconic enough.

The only way I can see it work is that if SeeD movie has crossover element (...serious?). Even so, it's must wiser choice to use whatever the 2014 Gundam series, unless Bandai/Sunrise doesn't plan to release other TV series for two years, that is.
I'm just amazed that any Gundam fan could say 'SEED doesn't have staying power' with a straight face. It sounds more like you're desperate to deny any chance of the movie coming, ignoring the ample evidence that it clearly still has a commited Japanese fanbase.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Kuruni

My point is, if Seed Movie ever get release, it won't has anything to do with the 35th anniversary of franchise.

I don't deny that it clearly still has a commited Japanese fanbase (just like, again, Shenmue XD), but its place in whole franchise isn't that iconic, CE isn't what would spring to your mind when you heard the word Gundam (unless you really get into franchise because of either SeeD or DESTINY). Geez, the reason SeeD get HDR is because 2012 is 10th anniversary of CE, not because it's 33th anniversary of Gundam.

Tell you the truth, another take on G Gundam (for 2014 is its 20th anniversary as well) sound a little more make sense.

But that's it, I won't try to convince you anymore, neither of us discuss on fact anymore. Both of us aware that there is die hard SeeD fanbase in Japan, but while you think they're large enough that Sunrise should does some big favor in 2014, I don't think so. That's opinion and thusneither of us will change it for a long time (how long? I will as soon as there is solid proof that Sunrise is return to work on it. For you, I guess it would take two years...).
Arbiter GUNDAM

Hellcat wrote:I'm just amazed that any Gundam fan could say 'SEED doesn't have staying power' with a straight face. It sounds more like you're desperate to deny any chance of the movie coming, ignoring the ample evidence that it clearly still has a committed Japanese fanbase.
No one can deny it has a fanbase, here or in Japan, but if it really had the kind of "staying power" that you suggest, then why didn't the movie get made years ago through sheer fan demand?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
monster

Kuruni wrote:Tell you the truth, another take on G Gundam (for 2014 is its 20th anniversary as well) sound a little more make sense.
I was thinking that the Destiny remaster could be aired in 2014 for its 10th anniversary.
HellCat

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:
Hellcat wrote:I'm just amazed that any Gundam fan could say 'SEED doesn't have staying power' with a straight face. It sounds more like you're desperate to deny any chance of the movie coming, ignoring the ample evidence that it clearly still has a committed Japanese fanbase.
No one can deny it has a fanbase, here or in Japan, but if it really had the kind of "staying power" that you suggest, then why didn't the movie get made years ago through sheer fan demand?
The point I'm arguing is that it appearing for the 35th anniversary wouldn't be some bizarre oddity with no place for celebration. When Trailblazer was linked to the 30th, the trailers made alot out of 'The first original Gundam movie since F91!". How would the SEED movie coming be any different from that? "Finally, the theatrical conclusion to one of the most popular Gundam sagas of all time!"

I don't really see why an anniversary thing has to be some crossover deal or its out of place. Unicorn was linked to the 30th and that was targetting older UC fans, even if they hoped it would get younger fans. So because Unicorn isn't connected to the other timelines it can't possibly be an anniversary work by the arguments presented here. See the problem?
I think it's pretty much a given that an anniversary work will celebrate one generally successful area of a franchise or try to add a new entry to it.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Gelgoog Jager

Leaving the movie issue aside, what changes can we expect on Destiny HD?

Besides the removal of recap episodes, I suppose they could add cameos of characters from Stargazer or from a manga, much like how Seed HD added Shin and the others in some episodes.

Also, we could see more of Heine during the nuclear assault on Plant. There was also that purple Zaku Phantom that supposedly belongs to Riika Sheder (Gaia's test pilot).

Scenes actually showing how some of the characters survived the destruction of their MS (Sting, Kira Athrun and Meyrin). The only one that was shown was Lunamaria's, when her Zaku Warrior was destroyed.

Any other?
Mythgarr

Kill Kira off and let Gai Murakamo pilots Strike Freedom and shows Lowe Guele in Astray Red Frame Kai? I'd actually cheer if they do that.

And oh, Outframe Astray too.
Visit The Dreams
Dark Duel

Mythgarr wrote:Kill Kira off
As potentially intriguing a scenario as that is, it is never going to happen.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
azrael

Gelgoog Jager wrote:Leaving the movie issue aside, what changes can we expect on Destiny HD?

Any other?
Mostly what was cleaned-up for the Special Editions and Final Plus, which will probably be where they pull most of their edits from. That's assuming they want to re-animate any scenes.
"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."
Kuruni

HellCat wrote:So because Unicorn isn't connected to the other timelines it can't possibly be an anniversary work by the arguments presented here. See the problem?
It's UC work, the main timeline (go ahead and deny it, as I should expect from one who say SeeD is more popular - is in well known - than MSG), one that doesn't get abandoned yet. There is no need to conenct to alternate settings when you're working on main one that start the franchise.

I have something more to say, like using Transformer G1 and Beast War as comparision, but I said I will drop the issue, so that's all.
Gelgoog Jager wrote:Leaving the movie issue aside, what changes can we expect on Destiny HD?

Any other?
Consider how they modified Nicol's death, I think they will modify Stella's death so we will blame Kira less :P .
Mythgarr

I do also hope they modify Saviour so that It'd look more like Vent Saviour with its "vsbr" mountable on its shoulders and longer wings.
Visit The Dreams