The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk IV

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk IV

As bad as Marida was in the Ksyhatriya, in the Banshee she almost violated Banagher.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
J-Lead

G-Slayer wrote:As bad as Marida was in the Ksyhatriya, in the Banshee she almost violated Banagher.
Yeah, but Banagher kind of wasn't really doing anything but sitting there butthurt about Loni dying with the NT-D shut down. She didn't really do a whole lot.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
sweet-d

Yeah I loved that 8 minute preview.
Francheska is a horrible colony.
Deacon Blues

So I was poking around in Episode 2 and froze the frame on a piece of the digital paper one of the soldiers was holding during the explanation of the Palau operation. Low and behold what appears on the specs?

PALAU

AUTONOMOUS DISTRICT, SIDE 6
Mayor : Pepe Mengenan

Unfortunately I can't make out much more, but... This is the interesting thing.

He's the Governor-General of Palau. A dark skinned and portly man whose attire resembles a toga that screams bad taste of the nuveau riche. A Zeon believer. His ancestors spent their lives cultivating the asteroid belt. He lost his father at an early on due to space radiation sickness and although the rest of his family fell into poverty, he assumed office as a representative of a labor union. He made efforts towards improving harsh working environments while stirring up demonstrations and strikes.

Mind you, he only appeared in the novel. I wonder what other easter eggs are hidden in those techy displays :S
EscapeArtist

Deacon Blues wrote:So I was poking around in Episode 2 and froze the frame on a piece of the digital paper one of the soldiers was holding during the explanation of the Palau operation. Low and behold what appears on the specs?

PALAU

AUTONOMOUS DISTRICT, SIDE 6
Mayor : Pepe Mengenan

Unfortunately I can't make out much more, but... This is the interesting thing.

He's the Governor-General of Palau. A dark skinned and portly man whose attire resembles a toga that screams bad taste of the nuveau riche. A Zeon believer. His ancestors spent their lives cultivating the asteroid belt. He lost his father at an early on due to space radiation sickness and although the rest of his family fell into poverty, he assumed office as a representative of a labor union. He made efforts towards improving harsh working environments while stirring up demonstrations and strikes.

Mind you, he only appeared in the novel. I wonder what other easter eggs are hidden in those techy displays :S
I didn't notice that one, but I spent a lot of time freezing the picture and reading the papers on the wall of Bright's office. We get to see the date Bright took command of the Ra Cailum as well as a medal of honor citation that fleshes out the dates of some of the events from Char's Counterattack. The medal of honor was issued by Riddhe's father. And it ends up Bright was only captain of the Ra Cailum for 3 months before the events of Char's Counterattack (December 0092 to March 0093).

Another bit of symmetry I didn't really note until now- the first minute of the first episode shows Banagher's great grandfather killing Riddhe's great (great?) grandfather. Go figure.
kmagryffindor
Location: Brittania or the Union, depends on what you perfer. (Ohio)

Official Synopsis of Ep 5 Blu-Ray:
Spoiler
Riddhe and Banagher are confronted by the jet-black Unicorn Gundam 02, "Banshee." Meanwhile, Bright, the captain of the Ra Cailum, senses the future in Banagher's strong will and decides to grant his wish. Via his friends Beltorchika Irma and Kai Shiden, Bright secretly calls in the Garencieres team to attack the Garuda...

So there will be some mention to Beltorchika if not an actual appearance.
balofo

――人間ドラマ、MSバトルとも、これまでをさらに超える密度で展開するepisode 5。最期の10分では小説既読者も驚くような展開が待っているのだとか。なお、かねてより小説著者でストーリー担当の福井晴敏も懸念していた“全6巻で完結できるのか”という疑問に関する回答は、今月13日に行われるハイブリッドライブイベント「GUNDAM LIVE ENTERTAINMENT 機動戦士ガンダムUC FILM&LIVE 2012 Reader's Theater "hand in hand"」にて明かされるとのこと。まだまだ終わらないUCワールドの“新展開(?)”にも要注目だ!!
can't wait for the reveal on Sunday, movie perhaps!
Calubin_175

Fukui has doubts that the story can be concluded with 6 episodes. A new expansion of the yet ending World of UC will be revealed.
Andrew_Graruru

So, its all but confirmed now that they are expanding the series in some form?

This is good news and all, but I wish they decided this earlier so they wouldn't have had to truncate the earth arc like they did.
Check out my (awful) podcast. Anime Graruru.
J-Lead

http://nicosound.anyap.info/sound/sm17778658

New OST preview. Press play, this music is goddamn spellbinding...
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
flamingtroll

The first 18 minute seems to be tracks for something else. As far as my google fu can tell 推定有罪 is a J-drama on WOWOW about wrongful convictions. Sawano Hiroyuki did the music for the show as well. The actual soundtrack starts after 18:36.
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

But it's not as ZOINKS as this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyFFMBsJQAI
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Umm J-Lead this may seem like a stupid question, but where is the play button for that link? I can not find it!

EDIT: Never mind, after clicking on sixty different things and I think installing something on my computer as a new webplayer...i found out how to play it. Whew, that was a ordeal.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Andrew_Graruru

The good news: Looks like we're getting an extension to 7 episodes!

The bad news: Ep 6 isn't till 2013... WHA?
http://p.twipple.jp/XEgz6
Mu La Flaga

That is surprising if true, but also a good thing if that is how it's going.
But damn 2013 for episode 6 o.o'
2NA Fish

Ooh. One extra episode would be really nice. I don't really mind the wait. I'd prefer it to be good than rushed.
DuelGundam2099

They're really gonna milk Unicorn as hard as they can, aren't they? What a shame, I expected to finish it this year, but oh well.
Andrew_Graruru

Is it really milking if they're doing it to properly adapt the material? We saw what happened when they rushed the material in ep 4.

And it's been confirmed: http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/ ... 7th-volume
DuelGundam2099

We saw what happened when they rushed the material in ep 4.
We did and it was awesome as hell; can't say the same for the first three eps though.
Kratos

While I think episode 4 was fairly decent when considered on its own merits (rather than taken as a straight adaptation of the source material), I definitely agree it was the weakest and felt the most rushed of the 4 thus far. The first 3 episodes were fantastic, and while I could understand them not being to everyone's taste, I can't see how someone could think them bad but love the 4th. It's not like the latter was a major stylistic departure from the first 3, or anything.

Anyways! I think this extension falls safely into the good news. I'm all for whatever will let the series tell the best story it can, and I have a great deal of faith in Furuhashi as a director.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"