The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk IV

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Andrew_Graruru

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk IV

Second PV will be the 22nd at 10:00AM, Japanese time. Source is Gundam UC's twitter.
Check out my (awful) podcast. Anime Graruru.
J-Lead

Andrew_Graruru wrote:Second PV will be the 22nd at 10:00AM, Japanese time. Source is Gundam UC's twitter.
Oh hai http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keIEsVvX ... r_embedded
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Deacon Blues

Definitely a lackluster preview...
DuelGundam2099

Well, it looks more actiony than I thought. :)
Admiral Larsen

Deacon Blues wrote:Definitely a lackluster preview...

While I agree with you to a certain extent, what were you looking for in this one?
Amadi Akintunde

Spoiler
Dat Banshee lifting Delta Plus by the head.
Kratos

Technically, it's a fairly poorly-compiled trailer.

And I don't even care, because the content has me preeeetty damn pumped.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
Dark Duel

Meh - I'd have to agree that it's not by any means a great trailer, but it's still IMO a pretty good one.
Amadi Akintunde wrote:
Spoiler
I know - that was pretty freakin' cool.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
HellCat

I'm actually interested to see what happens when two Unicorn Gundams get into a brawl.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Kratos

Dark Duel wrote:
Amadi Akintunde wrote:
Spoiler
I know - that was pretty freakin' cool.
The Banshee's arm cannon was pretty sick too. Have we seen wavy, bendy beam weapons like that before? Actually, that's probably a question for the mecha thread, but still. Awesome.

Was anything of significance said in the dialogue, those-who-are-more-fluent-than-me-in-Japanese?
balofo

Original novel story status=RAPED. While the locations are the same the circumstances are completely different.

Really curious if they'll manage to wrap everything up on OVA 6 or there will be a movie or an extended OVA 6.

Bandai executives went the cautious approach with only 6 OVAs...

Remaining schedule:
-first 6 minutes preview on the 4/5/6th May
-complete spoilers on the 13/14th
-PSN release on the 19th
Andrew_Graruru

balofo wrote:Original novel story status=RAPED. While the locations are the same the circumstances are completely different.
What stuff has been changed? Is it just the use of Kai, or is it more than that?
Check out my (awful) podcast. Anime Graruru.
Kratos

balofo wrote:Original novel story status=RAPED. While the locations are the same the circumstances are completely different.
So you've seen the episode, then.

Y'know, I'm really glad that I'm going into this without having read the novels/without being too familiar with its events. It lets me judge the story and themes of the series on their own merits, rather than in comparison to the original, and so far they're held up pretty great (even in episode 4, which had its share of scenes that felt rushed).
J-Lead

Andrew_Graruru wrote:
What stuff has been changed? Is it just the use of Kai, or is it more than that?
Spoiler
After the Battle of Dakar, (which is where the Shamblo attacks inthe novel, not Torrington)Banagher/Unicorn are taken aboard the Ra Cailum along with Mineva, where Bright has his heart to heart with Banagher, who won't divulge the next La+ coordinate in space. Martha decides to bring everybody up to space via space shuttle launched from a Garuda, and must transfer the prisoners to a Garuda at Torrington. This is where the Garencieres team decides to call on their Zeon Remnant allies to attempt to take back Banagher and the Unicorn, which culminates in the battle at Torrington.
Or something like that.

The circumstances aren't THAT different, but yeah, ep4 was very different from book 6.
yazi88

So are the Ankushas good guys or bad guys in episode 5? I can't tell who they were fighting against.
Admiral Larsen

yazi88 wrote:So are the Ankushas good guys or bad guys in episode 5? I can't tell who they were fighting against.
They're bad guys as they serve as the MS cover for the Garuda, which is under the command of Martha Vist Carbine.
zetatype

J-Lead wrote:
Andrew_Graruru wrote:
Spoiler
After the Battle of Dakar, (which is where the Shamblo attacks inthe novel, not Torrington)Banagher/Unicorn are taken aboard the Ra Cailum along with Mineva, where Bright has his heart to heart with Banagher, who won't divulge the next La+ coordinate in space. Martha decides to bring everybody up to space via space shuttle launched from a Garuda, and must transfer the prisoners to a Garuda at Torrington. This is where the Garencieres team decides to call on their Zeon Remnant allies to attempt to take back Banagher and the Unicorn, which culminates in the battle at Torrington.
Or something like that.

The circumstances aren't THAT different, but yeah, ep4 was very different from book 6.
From what I can tell the only significant difference between the OVA and the novels at this point would be Banagher. As most of us probably know by now, Banagher was the one who destroyed the Shamblo in the novel. It seems that this was suppose to be a defining character moment for Banagher, because it showed that he was no longer the naive idealist he was in the previous episodes and that he had matured. However, in the OVA, Banagher did not pull the trigger and is still for the most part a naive idealist at this point.

Now most of this is just my interpretation of what other people have said about Banagher's character so I could be wrong.

As for the trailer itself, it was alright but it is probably my least favorite compared to all the other episode trailers. This is mostly due to the fact that I'm not really fond of the episode's song where as I enjoyed all the other ones a lot. Still, I'm really looking forward to the mid-air action scenes as we haven't really gotten any like that since Zeta Gundam. Also, can't wait to see the Unicorn and Banshee go head to head.
J-Lead

zetatype wrote:From what I can tell the only significant difference between the OVA and the novels at this point would be Banagher. As most of us probably know by now, Banagher was the one who destroyed the Shamblo in the novel. It seems that this was suppose to be a defining character moment for Banagher, because it showed that he was no longer the naive idealist he was in the previous episodes and that he had matured. However, in the OVA, Banagher did not pull the trigger and is still for the most part a naive idealist at this point.

Now most of this is just my interpretation of what other people have said about Banagher's character so I could be wrong.
IIRC, in the novel, Banagher doesn't even know Loni's on-board the Shamblo...
Spoiler
I don't think he even finds out until Book 10, when he gets absorbed into the Unicorn's psycoframe and sees through time and space or whatever.
Kratos

There's an English version on the official Gundam Unicorn website, too.