The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk IV

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
ydawg314

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk IV

I keep feeling like they should have added a lot more to most of the combat scenes. The fights are always so short. I would like to see a bigger scale battle between fed grunts and neo zeon grunts
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee
Zeonista

domtropen wrote:In older discussions about OYW MSs vs Gryps era MSs on Earth it is discussed that actually the specs are not that much different, especially for late model or upgraded OYW Zeon MSs. And it was discussed that the old recoil problem of Zaku Cannon might be for early production type or prototype, and the notion about recoil problem might be before the fed adopt them in Zeta [so it might be regarded as being retcon by Zeta]. Gryps era MS has great advantage over OYW MS in the weight reduction that frees up more space for more propellant, that increases operation time in space but of less importance on Earth.

As people point out Juagg and Kapool in this episode seem to have anti-beam coating on its "hands" so probably Nemo pilots don't expect them to be able to guard the beam saber slash. That Juagg seems to have many upgrades though, its hand rocket launchers changed to machineguns and the verniers changed into beam guns [IIRC in the comic where GM Striker is the main hero's MS it was shown clearly that the four round things were verniers that allow Juagg to fall back quickly for surprise retreat].
Good point! We could probably assume that any pre-Gryps MS appearing in Unicorn no longer matches its official profile unless the story says otherwise. There's been more than enough time to mod the old MS to keep them viable combat machines, or accomodate their pilots' tastes. The MSM have been shown parrying beam sabers with their hands/claws before, I am not sure how they can manage that. That's a question for the tech side of the discussion, ne? :)

Imperial: Over the weekend watched 08th Platoon, the EFF has improved in battlefield by a great magnitude from then to 0096. The commanders have learned to emphasize quality over quantity, and it shows. Must come from letting all the smart veterans like Bright Noah get into leadership positions.

Ceiling_Squid: The beam javelin moment was another of the moments of awesome the series has been delivering when they go to action. :cool: After everything else that's made an appearance so far, a meteor hammer shouldn't be out of the question! :D

NastyNate; I really don't think the original story has enough to fill out a 40+ episode series. A 26-episode TV series, or its equivalent, now that's possible. The 6 fifty-minute features Sunrise is currently offering have the total content of a 12-episode TV series, with an option to renew, I suppose. Based on all the buzz the anime generates though, Sunrise might be persuaded to give us a little more on down the line.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Dark Duel

NastyNate wrote:I hope we get to see that second Gundam that I hear Marida gets to pilot in this episode. They sure do have a lot of ground to cover in just two more episodes. Really wish this was a full 50 or at least 26 episode series.
Don't take this as gospel, but from what I have heard...
Spoiler
the Gundam Unicorn Unit 2 (aka the Banshee) is supposedly going to make a brief appearance at the end of the episode
Either way, I concur.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Kratos

Zeonista wrote:The 6 fifty-minute features Sunrise is currently offering have the total content of a 12-episode TV series, with an option to renew, I suppose.
It's actually more like 16-18 episodes. Each episode is a straight hour, which gives it the content of almost three full standard TV-length episodes. With this in mind, a 24-26 episode series isn't too much of a stretch at all.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
Ouroboric

I must say, i really like how the digital animation is a bit more subtle in Unicorn.The lack of hard lines usually makes it look very out of place and fake when on an animated backdrop,Macross Frontier and allot of the late 2000's mecha anime shows being great examples.I hope that animation in general steers away from the purely digital stuff, and goes for more of a mixture of hand drawn and cell shading as a standard. I'm getting really excited for this new episode, i want to see that odd mobile armor wreak some havoc on some more feddies,i just hope the series stays as high quality as it has been to the end.
Sacrosanct (man as microcosm)
Four temperaments (fuse) - statuesque entity
The fortitude of a pristine creature
Transcend tyranny- Quintessential Power
xXZelda123Xx

Anybody know where I can buy/download Gundam Unicorn for cheap???
Thanks
Deacon Blues

Apparently official names are now as such:

- Juaggu
- Zogok
- Dwadge

For the latest MS updates.
sweet-d

xXZelda123Xx wrote:Anybody know where I can buy/download Gundam Unicorn for cheap???
Thanks
Well you can rent on the Playstation Network or rent it on Zune. Other than that you could just buy off of the bandai store. But if buy from the bandai store it's best to pre order and it's also for sale on amazon.
Francheska is a horrible colony.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Is that supposed to be picture pf Amuro from when he was on Londenion in CCA?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Jake

flamingtroll wrote:Looks like it's official for Amuro
What's official?
latenlazy

Jake wrote:
What's official?
HAHAHAHAHA

Either his cameo, or his death.
Jake

latenlazy wrote:
Jake wrote:
What's official?
HAHAHAHAHA

Either his cameo, or his death.
I thought his "cameo" was already confirmed. His death? Nah he's M.I.A. :wink:
NastyNate

There is going to be a gundam unicorn video game based on the first three episodes coming out in 2012.
http://andriasang.com/comywm/
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Here you guys go! I know people have been asking for this song.

It is the only part of OST II I could find on youtube (so far). Enjoy it before it gets taken down. To me this song is amazing and beautiful! It is up there with Friends from 00 and Tsuki no Mayu from Turn A in terms of some of the greatest vocal music for Gundam.

My complements to the chief!
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Dark Duel

Ooh, thanks!
I've been wanting that one for a while. It really is quite a nice song.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Raiden

Actually i was more excited for this one ever since we heard it playing at the end of Episode 3 when Sinanju and Unicorn duke it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0zONmV6rSc
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Hey! Those songs weren't posted this morning when I looked?! Gah! Well it is a nice coming home present! The song Mobile Armor is posted as well...need I say how freaking EPIC this is?! Honestly all this is just putting me in the mood for episode 4!

Lets enjoy the music while we can kids!
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Raiden

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VsDlZo9mXWU/T ... 600/41.jpg

So the wait is longer May 2012 for Episode 5.

But interesting to note Banshee has lots of new goodies slightly different chest and some new arm weapons!