The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk IV

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Dark Duel

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk IV

HOLY CRAP. That looks seriously badass.
And yeah, I am lovin' Bright's new Seiyuu - sounds exactly like the old one.
But the most awesome part of the trailer is when Banagher activates the NT-D against the Shamblo.
I like the song playing in the background, too. Not as good IMO as the last two, but still pretty great.
(More than anything though, I'd like to get ahold of the song playing in the background of the first Ep4 trailer...vocal version of the main Unicorn theme music).
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
ZeonsSilverStar

I've been waiting a long time to see the Shamblo animated and it looks like I won't be disappointed with its debut. You know I'm also liking Brights new voice.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
Saber

Very impressive trailer I have to say.

Oh, and for those who're unaware yet, Bright's new VA is Ken Narita, you know, Mr. Orange-kun.
JulieYBM

Yeah, Narita Ken is doing pretty good. I guess he was on the top of the list after being cast as Saitou in the new Rurouni Kenshin OVAs.
She/Her
Dark Duel

Saber wrote: for those who're unaware yet, Bright's new VA is Ken Narita, you know, Mr. Orange-kun.
Say WHAT?!!! Orange-boy is voicing Captain Bright? DAAAAAAAAAAAMN, that's awesome.
JacobYBM wrote:Yeah, Narita Ken is doing pretty good. I guess he was on the top of the list after being cast as Saitou in the new Rurouni Kenshin OVAs.
WHAAAAAAAAA? That's news to me. Cool though.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

I must say, they definitely picked the right guy to do Bright's voice. For the first 2 seconds of his voicing, I was like "HUH? Are they using old voice recordings?!" :D
Hawkeye

Is that a Kapool at the beginning of the trailer?
Arsarcana

Dark Duel wrote:(More than anything though, I'd like to get ahold of the song playing in the background of the first Ep4 trailer...vocal version of the main Unicorn theme music).
I'm sure it'll be on an OST... eventually. We still haven't gotten the insert song from the last episode though so it could be a while.
Hawkeye wrote:Is that a Kapool at the beginning of the trailer?
Yes it is.
Amadi Akintunde

Arsarcana wrote:
Dark Duel wrote:(More than anything though, I'd like to get ahold of the song playing in the background of the first Ep4 trailer...vocal version of the main Unicorn theme music).
I'm sure it'll be on an OST... eventually. We still haven't gotten the insert song from the last episode though so it could be a while.
Yes it is.
Speaking of OST...

Link removed because it messed up page formatting. Chris.
機動戦士ガンダムUC」オリジナル・サウンドトラック2 = UC Mobile Suit Original Soundtrack 2
J-Lead

Amadi Akintunde wrote: Speaking of OST...
機動戦士ガンダムUC」オリジナル・サウンドトラック2 = UC Mobile Suit Original Soundtrack 2
YES! When is it coming out?
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Raiden

Nice OST 2 is finally coming down the pipe. Can't wait to hear the tracks.

And the Trailer was awesome. I dig Shamblo's cockpit design, it looks pretty different. Love the detail on the old MS's appearing. And Unicorn with double gattling guns under his shield looks awesome (wish the bloody MG could do that -__-).
Deacon Blues

It goes on sale November 9th.
VentZX

Arsarcana wrote:
Yes it is.
If you want to get technical, and I do want to get technical, it's a Capule. Kapool is the Turn A derivative.

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/zz/amx-109.htm
http://mahq.net/mecha/gundam/turn-a/amx-109.htm
Dendrobium Stamen

Okay, that trailer was pretty amazing, I'm definitely keen on a lot of these "classic" MS getting what could only be described as an HD Makeover for HD (so says the Department of Redundancy Department at least), and the Shambles (for that is what I shall name it forever more) looks pretty brilliant too, both inside and out. Also quite interested in seeing Ra Cailum on Earth, and Banagher activating NT-D of his own will, by the looks of it.

The one thing I'm not keen on, though, is how Bright looks. He sounds absolutely fine, based on my vague recollection of his previous Japanese voice, but he doesn't quite look right to me - which is odd, since the character art on the Unicorn website looks fine. Could just be me, mind you.

Still, can't wait for episode 4, bring it on!
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." - Sledge Hammer.
A Wind Raging Through, a Destiny sidestory.
Amadi Akintunde

Dendrobium Stamen wrote: The one thing I'm not keen on, though, is how Bright looks. He sounds absolutely fine, based on my vague recollection of his previous Japanese voice, but he doesn't quite look right to me - which is odd, since the character art on the Unicorn website looks fine. Could just be me, mind you.
He's certainly looking much more haggard than usual. Also seems like he's let himself go somewhat over the last three years. Before now we've seen him with determined, focused eyes. His features here tell me that the stress of the front line have really started getting to him.
Calubin_175

So are we just getting the Battle of Dakar, with Torrington just as a subplot?
balofo

HUGE SPOILERS!!
Spoiler
They have profoundly altered the Earth Arc, the OVA starts with Amphibious MS attacking Dakar(Capule and Juagg in PV), they fight EFF MS until the Shamblo rises from the sea and fires its Mouth Mega Particle Cannon delivering massive damage to the city, after this the Zeon retreat from Dakar. Next is some interaction between Liddy and Mineba and his father, Liddy gets rejected by Mineba and is sent to the Ra Cailum. Some dialogue between Bright and Ronan Marcenas. Banaji and Zinnerman trip through the desert to seek help to release the Garencieres, cause it's stuck on sand. They arrive at the Zeon Remnant Base, there they meet Loni and Kirks, they chat with Frontal about attacking Torrington. Before this part Martha shows a wrecked MP Qubley to Marida at Augusta. Kirks contacts the Zeon spread around the world for this attack, some are using the Albion as a base. Meanwhile Lidy arrives at the Ra Cailum and is greeted by Bright who shows him his room with photographs of Amuro and other heroes from past wars. The Zeon recover the Garencieres and the mechanic arms the Unicorn with the beam gatlings. Torrington attack commences: Kirks is sniping from a Fat Uncle, Amphibious MS arrive from the shore but are raped by a badass Byalant. Zeon hover MS vs EFF artillery MS. Shamblo appears on the city and starts the carnage. Tristars sortie from Ra Cailum with Lidy ahead of them. Banaji fights Zinerman to try to stop the Shamblo. Banaji sorties and tries to talk to Loni and even fires 4 Beam Magnum shots, to no avail. Lidy and Tristar arrive and start fighting back. Banaji continues to try to talk to Loni, even opening his cockpit, to no avail again. Shamblo grabs the Unicorn and Lidy saves him, per PV. Kirks is killed and Loni gets even more enraged, Unicorn and Delta Plus team to defeat the Shamblo, they fail. After more talking, and newtype voodoo they finally get a chance to kill Loni. Lidy fires the Beam Magnum and finally defeats it, the Delta Plus arm is damaged from the recoil. Banaji cries but suddenly the Banshee falls from the sky. THE END.
J-Lead

balofo wrote:HUGE SPOILERS!!
Spoiler
They have profoundly altered the Earth Arc, the OVA starts with Amphibious MS attacking Dakar(Capule and Juagg in PV), they fight EFF MS until the Shamblo rises from the sea and fires its Mouth Mega Particle Cannon delivering massive damage to the city, after this the Zeon retreat from Dakar. Next is some interaction between Liddy and Mineba and his father, Liddy gets rejected by Mineba and is sent to the Ra Cailum. Some dialogue between Bright and Ronan Marcenas. Banaji and Zinnerman trip through the desert to seek help to release the Garencieres, cause it's stuck on sand. They arrive at the Zeon Remnant Base, there they meet Loni and Kirks, they chat with Frontal about attacking Torrington. Before this part Martha shows a wrecked MP Qubley to Marida at Augusta. Kirks contacts the Zeon spread around the world for this attack, some are using the Albion as a base. Meanwhile Lidy arrives at the Ra Cailum and is greeted by Bright who shows him his room with photographs of Amuro and other heroes from past wars. The Zeon recover the Garencieres and the mechanic arms the Unicorn with the beam gatlings. Torrington attack commences: Kirks is sniping from a Fat Uncle, Amphibious MS arrive from the shore but are raped by a badass Byalant. Zeon hover MS vs EFF artillery MS. Shamblo appears on the city and starts the carnage. Tristars sortie from Ra Cailum with Lidy ahead of them. Banaji fights Zinerman to try to stop the Shamblo. Banaji sorties and tries to talk to Loni and even fires 4 Beam Magnum shots, to no avail. Lidy and Tristar arrive and start fighting back. Banaji continues to try to talk to Loni, even opening his cockpit, to no avail again. Shamblo grabs the Unicorn and Lidy saves him, per PV. Kirks is killed and Loni gets even more enraged, Unicorn and Delta Plus team to defeat the Shamblo, they fail. After more talking, and newtype voodoo they finally get a chance to kill Loni. Lidy fires the Beam Magnum and finally defeats it, the Delta Plus arm is damaged from the recoil. Banaji cries but suddenly the Banshee falls from the sky. THE END.
Spoiler
I just hope Riddhe doesn't get all pooper-peeved over Mineva dumping him for Banagher this time around. I actually kind of like him so far, and getting mad over Syam killing his grandfather and Banagher being Syam's descendant is one thing, but trying to kill Banagher over his jailbait crush is pretty petty in comparison.

Also it's nice to see that Mineva didn't dump him by JUMPING OUT OF THE GARUDA.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Rawinder

Calubin_175 wrote:So are we just getting the Battle of Dakar, with Torrington just as a subplot?
Spoiler
Other way around.
JulieYBM

North American Blu-ray specifications.

Does that say eighty minutes for the run time? O.o
She/Her