The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk IV

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
balofo

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk IV

They are really modifying the novel story, since OVA 5 ends with:
Spoiler
Sinanju and Rozen attacking the General Revil! in the novel they were pursuing the Garancieres and had to destroy 2 Clop Class... General Revil never saw combat in the novel.
Andrew_Graruru

MUST. RESIST. CLICKING. ON. SPOILER.
Check out my (awful) podcast. Anime Graruru.
balofo

Random spoilers:
Spoiler
-Banshee destroys Delta Plus with Claw and is covered in oil
-Green Psycoframe during atmospheric reentry, images of Daguza and Gilboa during this
-Martha and Alberto go to space, in the novel she stayed on Earth
-Battles are really bad, the worse so far
-Someone uses Watt's Jesta as a steeping tool
-OVA ends with Rozen Zulu attacking General Revil MS(in Ground GM colors) then Sinanju appears and starts shooting
-Bright secretly contacts Beltorchika, then she contacts Kai, who contacts Zinnerman
-Bright has a secret night conversation with Banaji
Arbiter GUNDAM

‎[sarcasm]Gee, I bet this has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that AGE is doing poorly in the ratings[/sarcasm] Is this what it's like to be massively trolled? Although a 7th episode is probably a good thing.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Andrew_Graruru

So, has the episode been well recieved in Japan?
DuelGundam2099

I don't think the new episode 7 has to do with Age getting mediocre ratings as much as it does Unicorn being treated as the messiah of anime it has been treated as since it's announcement. It's been selling well so Bandai figured last year "Lets milk this OVA some more and gets some money!"
HellCat

I think it's a combination. If the show is selling so well and the story is obviously having trouble fitting into the episode count you chose, why not make the most of both by an extra ep?
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
balofo

COMPLETE OVA 5 SPOILERS IN JAPANESE:
Spoiler
イルカが跳ねる夕景の海からラーカイラム
ラーカイラムのブリーフィングルームでブライトへビスト財団への不満をぶつけるクルー
(PVのナイジェルはこのシーン)
ブライトからの説得で鎮まる
リディは廊下で聞いてて途中離脱

ブリーフィング後、ブライトはメランからガルダに運び込まれたものが貴賓セットと聞かされる。
ブライトがバナージの部屋に
「ガンダムに巡り合ったのは偶然だが乗ったのは偶然ではなく理由がある」と諭す
「バナージはブライトにオードリーを助けたい」と・・・

ブライトの元にベルトーチカから通信
「参謀本部が試験航行中のゼネラルレビルへ指示が出た」と
「ガランシェールに連絡を取りたい。ジオン嫌いを使って」とカイを連絡役に

カイとガランシェールの通信
ジンネマンが「ベースジャバーを要求」
カイ「因縁浅からぬ船が・・・」

ユニコーンをガルダに移送準備
バナージがキャットウォークにリディを発見
追いかけようとしてビスト財団の黒服を振りきるがブライトに捕まる
バナージをつかまえようとした黒服をワッツが足を引っ掛け、
トライスター他の面々が黒服を囲み
「この船の艦長はブライトだ」

ブライト「ガルダにはミネバがいる・・・・・」
(PVの「絶望を退ける勇気を持て」はこの時のブライト)

ガルダでミネバが食事
マーサと交渉決裂したことを回想

ラーカイラムからトライスターとデルタプラスを護衛にバンシィとユニコーンを乗せたベースジャバー発進
マリーダからユニコーンの武装は解除してあるとの通信
バナージがマリーダに話しかけるもアルベルトが介入する
アルベルト、マリーダの隊長を気遣うも命令か?と問われせつない表情
ガルダが見えてきたところでガランシェールの影を発見

雲海からガルダの脇にガランシェール登場
アンクシャ発艦

ブライトはトライスターに手を出すなとの指示
アンクシャがガランシェールのギラズールスキウレ砲で撃墜
すきを見てユニコーンがバンシィをはじいて離脱
アンクシャからビームサーベルを奪い蹴落とす
ナイジェル「不殺ということか」
ワッツを踏み台にしてベースジャバーを強奪

バンシィと戦闘
バナージ、ガルダ上空のベースジャバーとジンネマン発見
アルベルトからマリーダにジンネマンのベースジャバー撃墜命令
マリーダの脳裏にジンネマンの影が

ガルダのキャットウォークにマーサ・アルベルト・ミネバ
デルタプラスが着艦してリディがミネバを奪還しようとする

ガルダに乗るバンシィと追いかけるユニコーン(足フックあり)
サイコフレームが共振し始めるが、バナージがユニコーンを制御しDモード入りを抑える

キャットウォークでラプラスの箱に関する因縁を語っている時にジンネマンが銃撃
サイコフレームの共振で危ないとマーサとアルベルト避難
ジンネマンとミネバは機体後方へ

アンクシャがサイコフレームの共振に飛ばされてガルダの尾翼に激突・爆発
ジンネマン気絶
PVのミネバダイブシーン

「受け止めなさいバナージ」
「行けるか、ユニコーン」
Dモードになったユニコーン、ミネバをやさしくキャッチ
バナージとミネバが手を伸ばして、しっかりと掴みコクピット内へ
ガランシェールの上に降りてミネバをおろす

ジンネマンとマリーダを奪還するため再び飛び立つユニコーン
バンシィとユニコーンが組み合いながらガルダの格納庫に
キャットウォークを壊しながら乱入するバンシィとユニコーン
(PVのジンネマンが巻き込まれそうになるシーン)
ジンネマンに気づいてバンシィ食い止めるマリーダ
組み合うところを影から狙うデルタプラス
気付いたバンシィがデルタプラスの首根っこをつかみ
コクピットの外装を破壊、右半分をそぎ落として右足を蹴りこむ

再びユニコーンに向かうところの足元にジンネマンが
マリーダを説得にかかる
マリィのシーン
マリーダの右目から涙が
後方から拳銃で撃つリディ
「このガンダムが」
マリーダ「私がガンダム」
パニックになり気絶、Dモード解除
崩れ落ちてコクピットからマリーダ落下
ジンネマン受け止める
バンシィの反応が無くなったことをシャトルで確認して悲しそうなアルベルトとそれを見て察したマーサ

上空にネェルアーガマ
バリュート展開
ガランシェールにエンジントラブル、ネェルアーガマとランデブー出来なくなりそう
ギラドーガ二機とユニコーンでガランシェールを押すもまだ駄目
デザーケーブル射出
(PVのタクヤの台詞、画もあり)
ユニコーンがDモードになりガランシェールを引上げてデザーケーブルをキャッチ
サイコフレームが赤から緑、白に変化して虹色に
ブライトもそれを見て安堵

宇宙に挙がってDモード解除
直後に砲撃
ゼネラルレビルからと判明
大量の白リゼルと白ジェガンMGFAUCのベースジャバーに乗った機体も

ユニコーンはガス欠
そこへローゼンズール登場
ローゼンズール無双
MSを一通り掃討してご主人様どうぞ、と掃ける
シナンジュがシールドからバズーカを外して構える
フル・フロンタルニヤリ
バズーカ発射

エンディングが流れる

以上でした
Chris
Administrator

DuelGundam2099 wrote:
We saw what happened when they rushed the material in ep 4.
We did and it was awesome as hell; can't say the same for the first three eps though.
If by "awesome" you mean rushed and quite a bit of nonsensical and unexplained b.s., then yes, it's "awesome."
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
DuelGundam2099

What exactly was unexplained if I may ask?
mobiusdiablo

DuelGundam2099 wrote:What exactly was unexplained if I may ask?
Are we really going here, Duel? REALLY?

*sigh* Alright, let's lay this out.

The entire marriage proposal from Riddhe to Minerva - HOW long has he known this chick? And he's jumped from 'You're Zeon' to 'Let's get married' without any of the relationship building shown. I understand the concept of political marriage, but Riddhe in ep. 2 wouldn't have even conceived of that, he wouldn't being trying to hook up with her.

Or how about how Banagher got all buddy buddy with the Zeon guys with little to nothing said? Not even just a respect for one another - for all it was worth, the crew of that ship basically saw the kid as one of them by the time they were about to kick off the mission. WHAT?

All the Zeon Rejects from MSV popping out of the woodwork out of nowhere, being able to sneak up on the Federation Torrington Base, getting the jump on them and being way too effective until the Byalrant Custom showed up.

Loni, and her relationship with Banagher. That is all.

The only two 'awesome' scenes in that entire episode were Minerva at the coffee shop and the Battle of Torrington, up until the 'fight' between Loni and Banagher, though only the former is a good solid scene. The latter's just a raw action sequence, aka the ending of Dark of the Moon but animated.

*sigh* Did I miss anything?
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
DuelGundam2099

The first half you can easily say Riddhe is just really fickle.
All the Zeon Rejects from MSV popping out of the woodwork out of nowhere, being able to sneak up on the Federation Torrington Base, getting the jump on them and being way too effective until the Byalrant Custom showed up.
I saw nobody complaining about the remnants from ZZ Gundam, some of them simply hid very well. (how is this an explanation issue?)
Loni, and her relationship with Banagher. That is all.
So them having a relationship is unexplained...... How?
The only two 'awesome' scenes in that entire episode were Minerva at the coffee shop and the Battle of Torrington, up until the 'fight' between Loni and Banagher, though only the former is a good solid scene. The latter's just a raw action sequence, aka the ending of Dark of the Moon but animated.
Only the former scene being good? *tries to resist laughing* What about the battle of Dakar? Or Banagher's time with the Zeon team? That episode had more going for it than just what you mentioned.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

You missed the "awesome" scene of Banagher and Zimmerman in the desert. The flashback and the follow up scene of them looking up at the stars was VERY well done. Either that or I am just a sucker for On Your Mark Piano Version.

But yeah, episode 4 was basically rushed relationships...then a 20 minute scene of stuff blowing up. Again, if you like that stuff...whatever, but I generally thought that most Gundam fans enjoy things with a little more...what's the word?...substance?

And by substance I am talking about the most basic meaning of the word, of stuff making sense in the context of the story.

At the very least...if episode 5 is really good, then I can look at episode 4 as a set up to episode 5. As a episode to get the characters where the needed to be for the next episode...and then just push the rest of the stuff that doesn't make sense under the table...forever...

But yeah, Diner, Desert, and...well that is it. Everything else was just explosions and...meh...
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
DuelGundam2099

And by substance I am talking about the most basic meaning of the word, of stuff making sense in the context of the story.
Strange, I thought ep 4 had plenty, but oh well.

Here is to episode 5! Cheers folks! Hopefully everyone will be satisfied enough to wait another year before the next episode. :P
sweet-d

Well I am exited about a 7th episode being added to this OVA. I am kinda frustrated I have to wait until spring 2013 for episode 6. But hey at least that gives an extra episode for character development.
Francheska is a horrible colony.
Andrew_Graruru

Soma Taozi wrote:You missed the "awesome" scene of Banagher and Zimmerman in the desert. The flashback and the follow up scene of them looking up at the stars was VERY well done. Either that or I am just a sucker for On Your Mark Piano Version.
Yeah, I don't understand why more people don't point out that desert scene. They found a really good way to portray Zimmerman's past and develop his and Banagher's relationship in a very short period of time. As far as the rushing went that actually came out okay.

And I'm gonna go on record and say there wasn't ENOUGH action in ep 4. Now don't jump all over me for saying that, trust me, I like dialogue in Gundam. Hell, that Diner scene was the best part of the episode, and my favourite part of the show so far was the second half of episode 2, which is a series of weighty conversations. But with a limited amount of time there was just no way to have Banagher try to talk Loni down and have that be emotionally resonant. All those last twenty minutes should have been was Banagher finding direction in his life and fighting the Shamblo head-on, tearing it to pieces with Riddhe's help.

I'm getting the impression from the ep 5 PV that in the 5th episode Bright talks Banagher into finding direction again - I just hope he doesn't remain ludicrously pacifistic toward the conclusion.
balofo

Andrew_Graruru wrote:I just hope he doesn't remain ludicrously pacifistic toward the conclusion.
I've got some bad news for you...
Andrew_Graruru

balofo wrote:
Andrew_Graruru wrote:I just hope he doesn't remain ludicrously pacifistic toward the conclusion.
I've got some bad news for you...
Does Banagher not kill anyone in ep 5?
mobiusdiablo

Soma Taozi wrote:You missed the "awesome" scene of Banagher and Zimmerman in the desert. The flashback and the follow up scene of them looking up at the stars was VERY well done. Either that or I am just a sucker for On Your Mark Piano Version.
Thank you, I knew I was gonna miss something, that episode just slides off my brain like Teflon. Recalling that, I did like that scene, and it worked, but then it got overshadowed by the confrontation on the bridge. *shrug* Either that, or it's been way too long.

As for you Duel, there's no reasoning with you - I accept that we have different opinions on different things, and that's all fine and good, though at this rate, I should just dismiss what you have to say out of hand.

And to Balofo and Andrew... oh god. Oh god. Please, say it ain't so!
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
ShadowCell

i'm given to understand that in the novel
Spoiler
he does kill Full Frontal, unambiguously and intentionally
so unless the novel is going to change that entirely (which would be...weird) he can't be that way forever