Gundam F91 movie

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
acsam

Gundam F91 movie

Ok so I got the movie when a few years back, and I did notice that the movie didn't made to much sense and it felt like it jumped from one story plot to another, till I did research on it and it was I think 25 episodes that got cut into one movie because of some argument that the actors or creator had.

I was wondering Im planing to open my own business soon and once i do open it and make a crap load of money you guys think i can call Sunrise or Bandai and buy the rights to the episodes to Gundam F91 and release it? I know it sounds stupid but in today's world you can buy some rights and licenses to shows and games if you meet the price tag.

plus I want to see what really went on in F91 instead of a really bad edit version.

if this could actually happen which ill try to make it happen you guys think it will be a cool and good idea? or just let F91 be F91 with the movie to represent it the way it is right now?
ShadowCell

Re: Gundam F91 movie

you do know you can only buy the rights to something if the rights-holder is selling it, right?

you can't just show up with a wad of bills and force them to give you what you're asking for. and i really sincerely like hyper omega shin giga uber doubt that Sunrise is going to sell the rights to part of its biggest cash cow to some total stranger from a fringe demographic.
acsam

ShadowCell wrote:you do know you can only buy the rights to something if the rights-holder is selling it, right?

you can't just show up with a wad of bills and force them to give you what you're asking for. and i really sincerely like hyper omega shin giga uber doubt that Sunrise is going to sell the rights to part of its biggest cash cow to some total stranger from a fringe demographic.

I could try or give funds to work on a re-release of F91
ShadowCell

assuming they want to make one
acsam

ShadowCell wrote:assuming they want to make one

you right, but I really wish they released all the episodes instead of making a movie that made no sense at all :(

I guess I have a new goal in life :D
mcred23

Besides, what you heard...
acsam wrote:till I did research on it and it was I think 25 episodes that got cut into one movie because of some argument that the actors or creator had.
Sounds rather made up and doesn't mesh with anything I've ever heard about the project over the years. No episodes were actually made, the movie is it. AFAIK, the movie was based on the script/outline/plan/whatever of far fewer episodes than 25 (A quick search through the forum keeps bringing up 12 or 13, although I thought it was half that).

So, aside from SC's important point that they'd probably tell you "lol no gtfo", what you're looking for doesn't exsist anyway. :roll:
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
zerogradius

I'd imagine that even if they were willing to sell the rights to F91, you'd need pretty deep pockets to buy it. If you have that kind of money, you're better off making your own mechs anime, incorporating the elements of F91 that you liked and adding in what you think it missed.
Arsarcana

And then title it something else, remove anything that looks remotely Gundam-ish and hope you don't get the pants sued off you. Or maybe you could make it Gundam in all but name but use Xploderz in place of beam rifles, that might get Sunrise to okay it in a fit of merriment.

Seriously though, keep dreaming.
acsam

Arsarcana wrote:And then title it something else, remove anything that looks remotely Gundam-ish and hope you don't get the pants sued off you. Or maybe you could make it Gundam in all but name but use Xploderz in place of beam rifles, that might get Sunrise to okay it in a fit of merriment.

Seriously though, keep dreaming.

yeah ill keep dreaming but i can make something maybe not Gundam but something similar like every other giant robot anime/ game out there.