Gundam EXA

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
AmuroNT1

Gundam EXA

So just today, Koichi Tokita announced a new manga on his blog: Gundam EXA, which is being explicitly compared to Kamen Rider Decade. Whether this is good or bad depends on your opinions.

Plot: Leos Aroi is a G-Diver, an individual who, along with partners Haro and Celia Avea, journeys into the Jupiter Answer (for some reason abbreviated GA), an archive of all information on humanity in order to gather information to help the species evolve. In the first chapter, Leos will cross swords with Gai Murakumo, and in the next Fon Spaak.

(Of course, this particular cast list has me wondering if we're just going to be getting sidestory manga characters or if any of the anime guys will show up...)

I don't know if this is related to the CoroCoro announcement, but this is apparently a Gundam Ace manga so I'm doubting it.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
RLZIII

Re: Gundam EXA

This is kind of an interesting concept. I know absolutely nothing about Kamen Rider, but a quick Wikipedia read on Kamen Rider Decade (and the mention of both Gai and Fon) leads me to believe that this is going to be a crossover of the Gundam universes (at very least the Gundam SEED and Gundam 00 universes). I've always wondered if there would be a Gundam anime with a similar concept at some point. Turn A Gundam attempted to put the universes together, but it'd be a stretch to call it a crossover anime in my book. But, of course, it might tie into Turn A Gundam in a way.

Any word on whether the title is meant to be pronounced E-X-A, or is there a phonetic way to pronounce it?
Destiny_Gundam

If Kamen Rider Decade doesn't ring a bell, then think Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
AmuroNT1

RLZIII wrote:Any word on whether the title is meant to be pronounced E-X-A, or is there a phonetic way to pronounce it?
It's written as "エグザ", so the pronunciation seems to be "EX-uh" (imagine "Exia" without the I sound in the middle).
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Gundamfan

Do you know when it is supposed to start in Gundam Ace?
AmuroNT1

What I saw said Leos fights Gai "this month" and Fon "next month", so I'd assume it's in the latest issue of GA.

Gundamfan

Thank you. I was just wondering because I have the July 2011 issue of Gundam Ace preordered and I was just seeing if maybe it will be in that issue.
RLZIII

A few more details were posted up at Gundam Guy's blog, along with a few images.

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/05/g ... issue.html
Kuruni

I wonder if Tokita has to limited to his manga works, or he will eventually include animate characters as well?

Because, admit it, one of coolest thing in Decade is how he slaughter every one in the final episode movie :mrgreen: . And face it, we want to see Strike Freedom got haplessly beaten.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Dark Duel

Oh man, that looks sweet. It's a pity I'll probably never get a chance to read it though :cry:
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
AmuroNT1

Kuruni wrote:Because, admit it, one of coolest thing in Decade is how he slaughter every one in the final episode movie :mrgreen: . And face it, we want to see Strike Freedom got haplessly beaten.
Didn't you know? You're not allowed to enjoy that, because it makes the Riders look bad in order to prop up the crappy new guy. You were supposed to want to see the star of the show getting his ass kicked by the veterans.

Kuruni

AmuroNT1 wrote:Didn't you know? You're not allowed to enjoy that, because it makes the Riders look bad in order to prop up the crappy new guy. You were supposed to want to see the star of the show getting his ass kicked by the veterans.
I think you're joking, but since there is no smiley...

Well, I agree that it's kind of guilty pleasure. But I think it's acceptable by the finale since Decade is no longer "new guy" at that point.
AmuroNT1

Yeah, I was completely joking. I'm actually quite fond of Decade (see also: my current avatar), I'm just tired of people acting like it was the televised equivalent of the Black Plague.

Kuruni

A nonsense thought just cross my mind...Since this series is kind of celebration for Gundam Ace's 10th anniversary...

Will they include Gundam-san? (you know, the one where Char and Garma are comedian duo)
EZero8

I can see it now: Leo screaming "OREEEE NO BUTTONNNNNNN~~~!"

Oh wait... EXA, not IXA. Though, it'd be hilarious to see a Nago-san like character piloting a Gundam since the whole KR comparison was dropped in there.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Deacon Blues

So basically here's the premise to the story from the first chapter.
Mankind was on the verge of destruction. Even after passing childhood, it continued to decline, a new awakening going unreached. In order to take back power as a species and force mankind to evolve, the space station "Jupiter X" was constructed at Jupiter and a magnificent project was started. The data cluster called General Answer (GA) became the focus of the project. It is not known who or what purpose it was created for. A virtual reality comprised of high density data that rivals reality itself. It follows multiple universes and their respective differing histories. However, an answer to human evolution was shown in all of the universes. The General Answer is unable to receive analysis from the outside so in order to obtain "the solution to human evolution", they enter into virtual reality, the only way to obtain direct information. The ones called GA Divers throw themselves into the GA to recover data about human evolution.
Mythgarr

Even after passing Childhood?

So Human merged with the silver morphing aliens on the 00 movie doesn't yield anything to push humanity further?

or is this a jab at the gundam otaku who can not grow mentally even after reaching adulthood and need to rewatch old series to help them grow ;) ?
Visit The Dreams
Kuruni

So Human merged with the silver morphing aliens on the 00 movie doesn't yield anything to push humanity further?
Key is "multiverses", the event doesn't occur in World of EXA but the World of 00.
Mythgarr

Kuruni wrote:
Key is "multiverses", the event doesn't occur in World of EXA but the World of 00.
I was half-joking/half-hoping that this is continuation of 00 :)
Visit The Dreams