The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread Mk 1

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
SonicSP

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread Mk 1

Regarding the talking Gundam, didn't all the rumors about it prompted the producer to go out and say that there isn't one? I say that's pretty definitive.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Really? Where/when did he say that? If that is true, then disregard what I said before.

However it seems that there are a lot of rumors about AGE at this point (nothing new in that regard). Really I was just trying to get a discussion started in the dry period between new info/PV and the show. But I haven't heard anything about the producer saying that...
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
reeoyuy

AGE new 5 minutes PV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQolfsOE7xs
Well, surprised that Wolf is literally a wolf :D.
EDIT: replacing the video link to the one from gundam.info channel
Last edited by reeoyuy on Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
awesome78

Soma Taozi wrote:Really? Where/when did he say that? If that is true, then disregard what I said before.

However it seems that there are a lot of rumors about AGE at this point (nothing new in that regard). Really I was just trying to get a discussion started in the dry period between new info/PV and the show. But I haven't heard anything about the producer saying that...
Here's the link about the producer debunking the rumor: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/0 ... ng_gundam/

Have no idea how this ridiculous got around though. Seriously it just seemed that it was created by pissed off trolls.
E08

Nice history there and those wreckages... are they from colony drops??? Some of the characters certainly look better in animation.
DuelGundam2099

Gai-gai-gai Daiku Maryu Gundam! :P But in all seriousness the new promotional video was kind of neat.
branman88

I am definetly going to be watching this.
I AM THE CHOSEN CHILD OF GETTER!
azrael

Looks the forecast will be like any other Gundam series, blue skies with isolated spots of gloom, doom, and depression, then heading into periods of intense fighting. And that looks like the first episode.
"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."
Overlord Zaru

reeoyuy wrote:AGE new 5 minutes PV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQolfsOE7xs
The blue-haired kid doesn't even look human, he looks like a trogladyte.

Santa Claus might be a cool, I don't know...

And then...Wolf...

I am laughing sooo fucking hard right now. The fangirls are gonna go INSANE. He even stole Mari's gimmicks of smelling stuff and being a Blood Knight.

This is coming to America. I betcha 5 bucks.

This will be entertaining for sure.
ShadowCell wrote: Zanald is so disappointed in you he's going to smash a desk for every time you people disappoint him. there will be no desks for the little schoolchildren of Vagan because Zanald will have smashed them all. i hope you people are happy.
Midi_Amp

reeoyuy wrote:AGE new 5 minutes PV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQolfsOE7xs
Love it, the tone seems serious enough, far from my original expectation of "new age Gundam show" (Gundam for kids). The three generation concept actually sold me, but was a little afraid with all the fancy toys and what not.
DuelGundam2099

He even stole Mari's gimmicks of smelling stuff
Sorry Zaru, but mech characters sniffing things started from Aquarion with Apollo. :wink:
The blue-haired kid doesn't even look human
THANK YOU! I thought it was just me, but something was, I don't know, off with him.
This quote made my day. :lol:
kayone73

Just watched the 5 min PV...pretty much looks like any Gundam series I've seen before. even tho its the same character designer who was on the Gundam 00 staff, the designs look more like stuff from Toshiyuki Kubooka, the guy who did Giant Robot OVA and Lunar game series designs, I think that lends to the super robot feel and 70s style hot blooded character designs. Actually makes it kinda cool.
Overlord Zaru

DuelGundam2099 wrote:
He even stole Mari's gimmicks of smelling stuff
Sorry Zaru, but mech characters sniffing things started from Aquarion with Apollo. :wink:
The blue-haired kid doesn't even look human
THANK YOU! I thought it was just me, but something was, I don't know, off with him.
This quote made my day. :lol:
Wasn't around back in the day.

I hope he gets killed. This series looks like Digimon+Victory Gundam, and we all know how Grimdark V was. And there will be Rule34 of him and the chicks because well...that's how lonely Otaku hentai artists do things. Ugly guys(avatars as themselves) with hotter than hell girls as the bishies get kicked to the curb.

I made a derp. I just hope he's hammy. If he's serious it will ruin his character.
ShadowCell wrote: Zanald is so disappointed in you he's going to smash a desk for every time you people disappoint him. there will be no desks for the little schoolchildren of Vagan because Zanald will have smashed them all. i hope you people are happy.
Rob DS Zeta

I think that this series will do fine. It's obviously not kiddie, as we practically see Flint's mother die during that flashback. However, it's bright colors and cute-ish character designs are going to tailor to the younger generation, who will come for the show and possibly be inspired to buy models and other merchandise. The rest of us will watch it for the content and judge it based on its successes and failures.

Oh, and 75-80% of you all will complain that it wasn't the second-coming of Wing.
*insert witty eyecatch here*
reeoyuy

AGE cast (now with valid source):
Furitto Asuno: Toshiyuki Toyonaga
Emily Amondo: Aya Endo
Dike Ganheiru: Kouki Miyata
Guruudekku Einoa: Hiroki Touchi
Wolf Eniakuru: Daisuke Ono
Narration: Kazuhiko Inoue

Opening Theme Song: JAM Project
Ending Theme Song: Minami Kuribayashi "Kimi no Naka no Eiyū" ("The Hero in You")

So JAM Project confirmed. I heard the rumor before, but then another rumor said it will be Granrodeo. Anyway, in "What do you want to see in the next Gundam series" thread I did say I want JAM Project for OP. Never thought it would be come true :D .
Overlord Zaru

reeoyuy wrote:AGE cast (now with valid source):
Furitto Asuno: Toshiyuki Toyonaga
Emily Amondo: Aya Endo
Dike Ganheiru: Kouki Miyata
Guruudekku Einoa: Hiroki Touchi
Wolf Eniakuru: Daisuke Ono
Narration: Kazuhiko Inoue

Opening Theme Song: JAM Project
Ending Theme Song: Minami Kuribayashi "Kimi no Naka no Eiyū" ("The Hero in You")

So JAM Project confirmed. I heard the rumor before, but then another rumor said it will be Granrodeo. Anyway, in "What do you want to see in the next Gundam series" thread I did say I want JAM Project for OP. Never thought it would be come true :D .
Knew it.
Dark Duel

reeoyuy wrote:Opening Theme Song: JAM Project
Ending Theme Song: Minami Kuribayashi
Awesome. Can't wait to hear those...
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Vent Noir

JAM Project doing the OP means they have now done the "Trinity" of mecha anime (Mazinger, Getter Robo, and Gundam)
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Overlord Zaru

Interview with Gundam AGE head honchos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdHsTPUFgyg
Kyuzo Aoi

Mikado from Durarara becoming Flit? Kinue resurrected as Emily? JAM Project and Minami Kuribayashi? Yes! At least AGE is redeemed for now!
I am a Gundam!