What's Your Current Anime? Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
SlowTurtle

Re: What's Your Current Anime? Mk III

Just finished watching Macross and as a hardcore Robotech fan was expecting more of the same, but I must say their is something more to Macross then Robotech. I feel more in touch in with Macross then I ever did with Robotech, so here we go into Macross 2 and the rest of the Macross Saga. Yes I do remeber love after all.
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."
--Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: Generations
bertman4

Currently watching this season: Psycho Pass, K, Robotic;Notes, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, Shin Sekai Yori, and Sword Arts Online.

Also, clearing some backlog. Just finished A Certain Scientific Railgun. Now starting A Certain Magic Index 2.
DuelGundam2099

So I just watched Fafner: Heaven and Earth.... Things that made this movie awesome:

-More Mark Sein fighting
-Loads of action
-New festum
-Quagula types now have bombs
-Mark Nicht is back, now mutated, and it looks awesome
-New fafners
-Mark Vrei came back
-They showed Fafner Zero (originally only mentioned briefly in Right of Left) and it did not disappoint
-Good pacing (where the show and special failed)

It would have been all perfect if they cut out the breast bouncing. I also watched some two part ova over the weekend called Dragon Half, silly but very funny nonetheless. Finally thanks to /m/'s Justice Time stream channel I started watching Brave of Legend Da-Garn, my final Brave series! So far I like it, although I cannot comment beyond that until I watch some more eps.
Gisol888

My current anime is spice and wolf! It's awesome!

greetings gisol
wow animes are just awesome!
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Haven't posted in this in a LONG time, I kind of forgot about it.

Well I have 5 minutes so:

Currently just finished D.Gray Man the anime. It made me get back into the manga, which is amazing! And it was great to see the amazing artwork Katsura Hoshino drew get animated....and now we can understand the fight scenes better :) Although the ending felt sudden and kind of random, which makes sense since there is more story to tell...shame it will probably never get animated, mostly because D.Gray Man isn't very popular here in the states or in Japan.

Watched Darker Than Black and have to say I loved it as well, it took me by surprise how much I actually enjoyed the series. But season 1 is definatly better than season 2. Mostly because S2 didn't have as many episodes. Here's hoping they cap the story off with a season 3, because the OVA and the 2 season leave room for a great final chapter...hell I would be satisifed with just a movie if it is done correctly.

Currently watching Cowboy Bepbop, because I heard that it is one of those animes that, like Evangelion, was really popular here in the states during the 90's.

Also finishing Full Metal Alchemist, Aquarion OVA and EVOL, and Sword Art Online.

I also plan to get around to rewatch G-Gundam...I only really watched parts of that show with my brothers, and as a girl, I have to wonder if I can appreshiate it just as much as you guys. I do remember liking Rain and Alenby though...that and it is the last Gundam series I haven't seen from start to finish...hell yeah! It only took me 6 years, but i am almost there!

I think I am also going to watch Brain Powered, simply because the manga adaptation was the first manga I have ever read and I blame it for getting me into anime to start with.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
YokozunaBulldozer

Gyrozetter
Danball Senki W
Robotics Notes
Transformers Prime
Getter Robo GO
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Gisol888

My current animes are:
spice and wolf 2
it' not that good! The first season was way better!

k-on
this series is absoluteley amazing! Absoluteley Cute! abslouteley Awesome! :P

one piece- i didn't start with it right now but i plan to start this week!

greetings gisol
Ryuu74

The entire series of Sailor Moon came into my hands recently (subbed), so decided to give that a go.

There are now three series that I can tolerate sticking with for 100+ episodes. Fist of the North Star, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, and now Sailor Moon.
Gisol888

Today i finished k-on! (no spoilers^^)
The second season and the movie! I love k-on! but in the end it was so sad! maybe a bit to much sadness! I really love k-on and I'm ready to die because i gotta admit something many people would kill me for:
The english dub was as well as the japanese in my opinion (okay where are the bounty hunters!? They won't get me! I'm hiding!)
I'm a bit sad the story ended... maybe there'll be more eventually!!!?? I heard the manga continues the story!? is that right!? :(
well i think i'l watch sora no otoshimono next... after i've got over k-on! ^^
SlowTurtle

Just started Macross 7 and a side note just got hired for computer I.T job in japan wish my good luck with the big move.
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."
--Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: Generations
DuelGundam2099

I just finished Earth Maiden Arjuna. Oh yeah, this one blew it big time, say what you will about Gundam Age but this? Wasted potential coupled by bad pacing, bad music, short action, big gaps in logic, too many messages about problems while giving no real solution, and a bittersweet ending (why the hell did Juna lose her voice?) and you have a recipe for disaster. What makes it ESPECIALLY disappointing is that it was done by Shoji Kawamori of all people! On top of that not only were the visuals really well done, but it has a good first episode (technically a good first three)! I almost NEVER encounter that! Sadly, however, it turned out to just be more magic girl junk. I guess nobody except Go Nagai can make something entertaining out of the genre. I don't know whether to blame this on Kawamori or this genre since this is the first non-mech series of his I've seen.

Only other anime I've been watching is Da-Garn since it is currently on the Justuce Time stream on /m/ and currently up to episode 18. I like the monsters of the week, the villains are surprisingly intelligent, and I don't mind the music. The issue are the protags, namely the braves. Seiji I can tolerate despite his stupidity since he's just a sixth grader, but the mechs? So bland, so so bland. Well, mostly, I like Land Bison and Seven Changer is sort of neat, but it looks like Da-Garn X beat out GaoGaiGar in least interesting titular mecha beginning form. Sort of like Exkaiser, Fighbird, and Might Gaine, the non-titular mecha don't have much personality-wise save for Seven Changer and even then it's mostly because he's a villain. Of course in principle, if Might Gaine was any proof, bland mecha now will equate to one awesome fully upgradable one!.... Then again Goldran had a similar issue and........... Yeah. I also don't want to read "but the mechs are from Kunio Okawara! They're bound to be bland!" since I do like Okawarian mecha and bland or not I still like the braves to a degree, just not as much as usual.

Currently wondering if I should watch Demonbane since it's dubbed and will appear in UX, but I heard something about a time loop ending and I reeeeeeeeally distaste cruddy endings.
Dark Duel

Been rewatching Wing - or as I like to call it, Mobile Suit Nostalgia Gundam. Watching it subbed this time around. I'm just shy of halfway through, with next episode being the arrival of my personal favorite AC Gundam: Wing Zero.

Before that started, I rewatched Code Geass R2 and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - both subbed.
Next I'm thinking of doing something wildly different and rewatching Rune Soldier...which is flipping hilarious, by the way.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
teslashark

SlowTurtle wrote:Just started Macross 7 and a side note just got hired for computer I.T job in japan wish my good luck with the big move.
So, you're going to create VEDA?

Currently watching:
Girls & Panzer
Psycho Pass
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
DuelGundam2099

I was going to watch Demonbane, but after finding out it's from a hentai game I decided to turn away and not watch it. With that, I found every episode of Ninja Robots/Tobikage on Youtube! I just watched the first episode. You know a series is going to be manly when the opening episode has a bar fight scene. :P

Other than that it's quite generic: oppressive military on Mars (I can see why Nadesico was thrown into SRW Impact), highly skilled main character (in this case hunting) with father/law issues, aliens invade and are virtually invulnerable thanks to technology and the fact military weapons are useless on kaiju, main character finds a robot and goes on a rampage (different than usual since it's NOT the titular mecha), a bad guy from his fortress gets angry, and exposition coming in the next episode. After looking on Wikipedia and the Game FAQs series guide I was surprised to learn how short the list of mecha are (at least on the antagonist side). :lol: So yeah, I found something to tide me over for a while as long as copyright nazis don't get their panties in a bunch. 8) I cannot say it was all good though, the music was horrid and yes I listened to both versions of the opening.
Toxicity

I've seen the Demonbane OVA, it was pretty "meh". I don't recall it beating me over the head constantly with fanservice or harem shenanigans. I didn't find out until some time later that it was all based off VNs.

If anything, I'd say give it a try just for Doctor West.
Mu La Flaga

Haven't posted in here, forgot I've seen Unicorn episode 5 like a month back.
And also more recently the first half of Digimon Adventure 02, since it's getting a DVD release of over here.
So this covers all the Digimon Emperor stuff and then the episode where Hawkmon becomes Aquilamon.
So Davis, Cody and Yoleis' Digimon have their champion forms.
teslashark

DuelGundam2099 wrote:I just finished Earth Maiden Arjuna. Oh yeah, this one blew it big time, say what you will about Gundam Age but this? Wasted potential coupled by bad pacing, bad music, short action, big gaps in logic, too many messages about problems while giving no real solution, and a bittersweet ending (why the hell did Juna lose her voice?) and you have a recipe for disaster. What makes it ESPECIALLY disappointing is that it was done by Shoji Kawamori of all people! On top of that not only were the visuals really well done, but it has a good first episode (technically a good first three)! I almost NEVER encounter that! Sadly, however, it turned out to just be more magic girl junk. I guess nobody except Go Nagai can make something entertaining out of the genre. I don't know whether to blame this on Kawamori or this genre since this is the first non-mech series of his I've seen.

Only other anime I've been watching is Da-Garn since it is currently on the Justuce Time stream on /m/ and currently up to episode 18. I like the monsters of the week, the villains are surprisingly intelligent, and I don't mind the music. The issue are the protags, namely the braves. Seiji I can tolerate despite his stupidity since he's just a sixth grader, but the mechs? So bland, so so bland. Well, mostly, I like Land Bison and Seven Changer is sort of neat, but it looks like Da-Garn X beat out GaoGaiGar in least interesting titular mecha beginning form. Sort of like Exkaiser, Fighbird, and Might Gaine, the non-titular mecha don't have much personality-wise save for Seven Changer and even then it's mostly because he's a villain. Of course in principle, if Might Gaine was any proof, bland mecha now will equate to one awesome fully upgradable one!.... Then again Goldran had a similar issue and........... Yeah. I also don't want to read "but the mechs are from Kunio Okawara! They're bound to be bland!" since I do like Okawarian mecha and bland or not I still like the braves to a degree, just not as much as usual.

Currently wondering if I should watch Demonbane since it's dubbed and will appear in UX, but I heard something about a time loop ending and I reeeeeeeeally distaste cruddy endings.
I am the official WHV Chinese translator for Inconvinient Truth and The 11th Hour, I'm as green as possible... Never went pass the 3rd episode of Arjuna. Though it's amusing to see another interpretation of the Fukushima meltdown.
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
DuelGundam2099

You're more than welcome to continue watching, it is simply incredibly BORING. The inconsistent runtime did not help it any.
I've seen the Demonbane OVA, it was pretty "meh". I don't recall it beating me over the head constantly with fanservice or harem shenanigans. I didn't find out until some time later that it was all based off VNs.

If anything, I'd say give it a try just for Doctor West.
But it's still based on a hentai game, therefore not watching regardless.
Flame-X

Lots of stuff I'm watching and finished.

I'll start with Sword Art Online just to get that out of my system. Without a doubt, the worst anime I've seen this year. It's so hilariously bad that it makes Guilty Crown half decent. The show starts off pretty strong in the first 3 eps making me think how much potential it has, but then it does downhill real fast when so much cliches/tropes are slapped in that it disrupts the flow. I don't even wanna get started on the 2nd arc. Normally I would drop shows like this midway but I wanted to see how much worse it can get and wow... just wow. Now that the show is finished, I rate this a 2/10.

BTOOOM!, I finished couple days ago. This show is like Battle Royal in a new spin. What makes it interesting is all the participants in this death game are detestable and depraved. The only character that I felt was totally undeserved was Himeko. The ending is definitely not an end, but a fine closure to this 12 episode series. Hopefully a season 2 will be announced. 7/10.

Finished Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! as well. First 10 eps were pretty dang good but the last 2 eps I didn't like due to forced melodrama, plus the ending was disappointing. Other than that, still an enjoyable show overall. 7/10.

Jormungand: Perfect Order is close to finish and might end up as my 2012 favorite anime. "Her name is Koko, she is loco, I say Oh No!" :)

Ixion Saga DT is the hidden gem of this season. This was never in my radar until I decided to give the first ep a shot, and it's funny as hell. Fullmetal Ballchemist.... can't get any better than that. :lol: I kept on thinking this is how SAO should've been.

K was so damn confusing at first but now it's all coming together. Love that visual style. Just one more ep til this is done.

Little Busters! I'm watching out of boredom. That OP song is so damn good btw!

Code Breaker and Magi are the only shonen animes in my watch. Code Breaker is kinda shonen generic but at least the main character is badass. Magi on the other hand is quite a refresher.

Damn, Psycho-Pass has gotten really good. I certainly wasn't expecting things to happen that way in ep 11.

With all that conspiracy stuff, Robotics;Notes is lot more interesting now.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. I don't know why I love this show so much but it's gonna end in 1 more ep. Need moooorrrre. :O

Zetsuen no Tempest is getting better and better each ep.