What's Your Current Anime? Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Red Comet90

Re: What's Your Current Anime? Mk III

I just recently finished watching Madoka, and that was actually really good. I feel the last 3 episodes tried to cram way too much into such a short time. The ending was a bit odd, but I love how the show essentially turned magical girls upside down.

Now I need to get to finishing Gundam Wing, which has barely held my interest. :P
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
DuelGundam2099

So yeah I just got up to episode 41 in J-Decker and if my current avatar is proof of anything Fire J-Decker is awesome, especially in Max Cannon Mode. And you know what? I am going to say it and not care: I like this series more than GaoGaiGar. Mech wise GekiRyuJin is still my favorite brave, but Fire J-Decker comes in a close second. As to everything else, this series is just more fun, has better humor, the monsters of the week while often cliche still manage to be unique and apart from each other, the title mech is more likeable, and as much as I've made fun of Yuuta he's better than Mamoru.
Spoiler
And although I haven't seen the last seven episodes where is the "robosexual" garbage rep this series gets coming from? One kiss while being under the influence of an evil extreme emotion producing spirit? And episode 40 doesn't count since that was just a dream. Also, being good friends =/= lovers.
Sume Gai

Fans reading way too much into a relationship? Never heard of that one before! ...Oh Wait...

I'm pretty sure from where you are the show only goes towards it's conclusion with gusto, episode 40 was definitely the height of anything that might be construed as precursor to "Hot-Robo-on-Squishy-Action".

To be honest J-Decker was rather setting itself up for this as the moment you begin to explore relationships and emotions one particular interception of those two come into play if not in the source material then in certain fan's minds.

I really look forward to hearing what you think of the Ending of J-Decker, the final revelation about Yuuta and Deckard I felt was a well placed and interesting plot point.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
DuelGundam2099

So a few hours ago I finished Brave Police J-Decker; I would have posted sooner but I had political science class tonight. Anyway....

It was very enjoyably passionate and emotional. Episodes 42 and 43 being Ultra series homages were great and ep 45 reminded me of Endless Waltz's final battle. The final battle in ep 47 made an epic finale; the last episode is one of those ultra tearjerky and drawn out epilogues with the Hyjuss being enemies all along, both of which work here. Overall I enjoyed it in loads, I rank it just below Getter Robo G. 8)

I wonder if Might Gaine is worth getting into; then again Fighbird looks like it inspired Gravion. What would you guys recommend out of the six Yuusha bots?
Sume Gai

I cannot really recommend Fighbird TBH... It wasn't a bad series but the plot rarely seemed to move and up the stakes and all the heroic robot characters were either Captain Perfect or Lt. Bland (even the rebellious sixth ranger was barely worth mentioning). while the bad guys merely wanted to rule the world. I like some of the designs and motiefs but honestly it was "Meh"

I've only seen a few episodes of Might Gaine but that one sounds very promising personally.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
DuelGundam2099

I just saw the first episode of Might Gaine and I have to say this series has a nice start to it. Real shame it's Hong Kong subbed badly, I can barely make out what is being said at times. :(
Mu La Flaga

Just watched first 7 episodes of Sekirei: Pure Engagment/season 2.
So now Minato is up from 4 to 6 having got Kazehanna and Kagari as recent additions and got most element types I think now.

I hope he doesn't get more, but if he does, I suppose there would be a reason for it.
Mu La Flaga

Sekirei: Pure Engagment/season 2.
Finished that now with the last 6 episodes and the OVA, overall my thoughts on season 2 are mixed.
I'm not much a fan of Hirota Minaka.
And I hope also Uzume returns in future possibly.
Katan

Armored Trooper Votoms:
Awesome Show! I really like chirico and i appreciate the concept that the Votoms are all just grunt units and not ubermechas
Overman King Gainer:
Never Saw the King Gainer Mech before SRW Z2 but a mecha with hair and a gunblade is somehow awesome so i decided to watch the show not so bad actually
YokozunaBulldozer

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijo (translates to daily lives high school guys)
Persona 4
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
DuelGundam2099

Awesome Show! I really like chirico and i appreciate the concept that the Votoms are all just grunt units and not ubermechas
Am I seriously the only mecha fan that didn't find the high performance mechs in VOTOMS fragile? Rapidly Dog sure as hell held it's own against quite a bit of fire power and I don't think I need to point out Blood Dog with it's extra attachments.

Anyway, after getting up to episode 5 in Might Gaine I can compile a list of pros and cons I have with this series so far.

Good:
-Might's a neat guy
-No unlikeable protagonist characters so far
-Inspector Ozama is a pretty good joke character
-MIGHT GAINE! "Arriving of schedule!"
-Big protagonist mech cast
-The music is not annoying

Bad:
-The bad guys are boring, Catherine is surprisingly the only tolerable one of the four (usually she would be the worst, but oh well)
-With the exception of Churenpai trio in episode 5, the monsters of the week are bland and since they're one of my favorite parts in watching a mech series that says a lot.
-The Bomber and Diver teams have little to nothing going for them. Seriously, give them each a weapon or something.
-This is more of a nitpick than an actual flaw, but Might Gaine only having one attack is.... Ugh. At least God Mars had two.
SlowTurtle

Right now just started watching Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit. Any idea if the manga is any good and where I can find it?
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."
--Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: Generations
DuelGundam2099

Up to episode 17 in Might Gaine. I actually gave consideration of dropping this, but starting at ep 13 it started to pick up thanks to Joe "The Ace" Rival. That and in the last episode Wolfgang became tolerable.... Didn't think I'd say that. Horn Bomber is actually unique compared to the first three bombers, which is a plus. The other villains are still quite shallow for lack of a better word. That and what is with Sally having a different job in every episode? Reminds me of Kaoru from Garo for some reason. To end on this part:

BLACK GAINE! WHY!? YOU WERE COOL!

Also up to episode 10 in Fighbird which is actually much more enjoyable; the villains aren't annoying, the AI bots have personality, neater monsters of the week, and a better main character; the only thing Might Gaine has over it is a better title mech and better ending theme. Is it just me or do Flame Breaster Fighbird and Thunder Baron look like Sol and God Sigma Gravion, respectively? I seriously think Obari liked this series enough to hire Okawara to do an adult version for it's ten year anniversary (since the series ended). However, I have to stop for a while and finish Might Gaine. Why? WHO THE HELL CHANGED SUB LANGUAGES AND ENCODE THEM ON TOP OF EACH OTHER!? WHO!? Hopefully MAHQ will get some more episode reviews done before I finish Might Gaine, at least I can follow what the Hong Kong subs are saying.
Mu La Flaga

I will say on Might Gaine keep on watching Wolfgang he becomes somewhat interesting later on.
(he seems to get somewhat closer to Joe the Ace Rival.
Not to mention what I consider the main series Black Noir, seems to show up more.
Unless he/she/it is already around DuelGundam?
DuelGundam2099

I don't understand what you're trying to get across here.
Mu La Flaga

DuelGundam2099 wrote:
I don't understand what you're trying to get across here.
I refer to Black Noir.
I can't tell if it is female, male(with femmine like voice) or just an alien thing :P
DuelGundam2099

There is nobody named Black Noire in Might Gaine....
Mu La Flaga

Actually there is, your wrong on that part.
Have a look at this clip, but do not watch the whole thing.
Spoiler
Dark Duel

About a week or two ago I finished Gravion Zwei, which was ridiculously epic. One of the funniest scenes had to be the collective "WTF mate?" when Raven finally took the mask off in front of everyone.
I LOL'd.

Gonna have to try and find something else to watch now...
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
DuelGundam2099

Gonna have to try and find something else to watch now...
Maybe I can recommend you something, what do you like and not like/hate? Do subs and dubs matter?

And Mu? I'd prefer not to see a final battle before or as I am watching series; although I do get the message. Speaking of Might Gaine I just got to episode 25 and the series got better! The new businessman villain (I don't know his name 'cause HK subs are horrid) seems like a really good villain and I have to wonder what his association with Purple is; speaking of whom, he's just weird, then again he was voiced by the same guy that did Chika-Chan from Betterman and dubbed Cow & Chicken's version of Satan so I can't be that surprised. Also....

MIGHT KAISER!

Not as awesome as Might Gaine, but I'll let it grow on me and see what happens. 8)