The Official Identify this Show Thread

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Mikeyboy12

Re: The Official Identify this Show Thread

Too animated it’s more cartoon like starship troopers animation If that’s any help
Seto Kaiba

Unless you can come up with more detail, there's no way we're going to figure this out... especially since you haven't been sure of anything you've said about it.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
Mikeyboy12

The absolutes I know is obviously it’s mecha/mobile suit. Watched on English tv. Moved around on skates/tracks. And they played sports like paintball just a little more violent.
Kuruni

Sport? Iron Leaguer?

Otherwise, it doesn't ring a bell at all.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Mikeyboy12

Beats me I’ve been searching for months
Kuruni

I start to suspect that even the part you remember is inaccurate (no offense, memory is tricky thing), might not be anime at all.
Mikeyboy12

No offence taken. Probably have to go back And search over all the shows on English tv around the time I think it was
Ryujin

Mikeyboy12 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:29 am Too animated it’s more cartoon like starship troopers animation If that’s any help
Like the Starship Troopers CGI show based on the Verhoeven movie, and not the 80's OVA from Sunrise? Moved around on skates? A sports theme?

This sounds like the Heavy Gear animated series. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KQdl5k3y0E

And of course it had the barest of connections to the setting of the TTRPG/wargame it's based on, thanks to executive meddling.
Mikeyboy12

You may have got it my friend! I’ll have a look at let you know
ORegan

V-Fin wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:24 pm Okay, this was an American show. There were kids that hopped into cars, and their index fingers would turn into keys to start the car. Then, they transform with/into the car. It was early on so the CG was pretty poor. Thats all I got.
Wicked late reply but the show you're talking about is van-pires

Edit: I'm too old to remember how to delete comments on here
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Yorokobi

Mecha Forum - you are my last hope.

I am trying to find a mecha series - I have never seen it, and don't know what it is about. All I have to go on are my memories of a mecha model kit I built about 40 years ago and the cover art from the box that I painted the kit to match. (Sadly, both are long-gone, so all I have to offer are my unreliable memories, which are probably contaminated by other anime I have seen in the interim.)

I bought the model kit at Hobby Horse store circa 1981, give or take about 2 years. I was assuming it was Japanese, but maybe could be from a Korean or Chinese show. I'm not even sure if this was a hero mecha, regular villain mecha, or one-appearance antagonist. The mecha looks like it had some design influence from both Gundam and Dougram, but also seemed a little less realistic than either of those series.

The most striking thing was the color scheme: Purple and White. The kit was modeled in purple, and I followed the box art, leaving most of the body as raw purple plastic, and painting the head, upper arms, hands, and upper legs white. The model kit had limited articulation at neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips, knees, and ankles. I don't remember any visible jets, verniers, or flight propulsion systems.

The head looked similar to a Zaku - a dome-with-a-chin, but the dome was smaller compared to the body, had a longer chin that went down more than forward, and had 2 green eyes instead of a red mono-eye. It had Zaku-style cables running from the sides/back of the head forward to the chin, but I can't remember if they connected with the chin or ran across the top. I think the chin had 3 pairs of small vent-type cutouts.

The body was built more like a Gundam or GM suit,squarish instead of rounded, but stockier, closer to the proportions of Dougram. I think there were intake vents on the chest like on the Gundam or GM, but don't remember for certain. The chest area was divided in two with a gap between, providing space for the chin to extend down into that gap. The chin was long enough that it needed that gap to fit on, and the head only had left-right turning on a post, so head movement was limited to only a few degrees where the chin fit between the chest sections.

The shoulders were boxy, like a GM suit... and maybe extended out to be wider at the top. The arm sections were mostly the squarish design like on Gundam or GM suits, but the forearm section was a little bigger, and I think it extended back on one edge to guard the elbow.

The mecha did not have armor skirts, with a pelvis/hip area more like the Dougram, but cut even higher in front to allow for leg mobility. The leg sections were also boxy, but if I remember correctly the lower leg expanded out lower toward the feet - amost a boxy tear-drop shape. I can't remember if there were knee guards built into the lower leg armor.

The feet were very different from the ones in Gundam or Dougram - they were over-sized and painted black. From the side they resembled a short, thick black chevron pointing up with the ankle joint at the top point of the chevron, and extra pads on the bottom of the two arms of the chevron for the heel and toe. The lower leg armor covered most of the top, so you just saw a front toe section and a back heel section sticking out, but they were molded as one unit.

The mecha had a backpack power supply, similar to the one on the Dougram, with the same kind of electrical component parts, but the backpack itself wasn't as big and bulky. I think there was a shoulder gun hinged on the backpack, but it hinged up over the right shoulder, and was quite small- not much longer than the mecha's forearm, so when lowered to fire the front of the barrel barely extended past the front of the chest. I don't remember what the color scheme for the backpack and shoulder gun were on the box (or the backpack was mostly hidden by the pose), but I painted them silver.

The only other visible armament was a gun that fit the mech's right hand, also painted silver. The hand was molded in a gun-holding pose, and the gun fit into a small hole or slot in the fist. Again, the gun was unusally small, consisting of a broad, flattened squarish or octagonal body (like a book lying down on a desk) with a thin muzzle sticking out the front, and a tubular sight raised above the main body. The gun had a fold-out grip on the left side for the left hand to hold... but it seemed useless since proportionally the gun was about the size of a long pistol or small submachine gun. The gun had no visible magazine.

The mecha did not have a separate shield, shoulder-mounted shields, or melee weapons of any type.

I think there were a group of portraits on the side of the box showing what I believe was the hero team... If I am remembering right, 4 people and a robot. I only recall 1 person - a male with a tall, thin face (similar proportions to Louis Ducasse from Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross), and the robot which I think had a wide, pancake-shaped head.

If any of that description rings any bells for you, please help point me in the right direction for finding where this came from.

Thank you,
playful0

old show i cant recall its name not a mainstream

Hi, I am looking for the name of a very old mecha movie/show, i saw it in like 1982 or 1983 i think on tv once.

it had a guy that drove a trator trailer, it transformed into a robot and he controlled it useing some kind of wires hooked up to him i wanna say like suction cups or something. it was movement wise more like pacific rim jaegers if i recall correctly. but he could drive it as a normal tractor trailer aswell..

anyone have a clue?
Seto Kaiba

Re: old show i cant recall its name not a mainstream

playful0 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:00 pm Hi, I am looking for the name of a very old mecha movie/show, i saw it in like 1982 or 1983 i think on tv once.

it had a guy that drove a trator trailer, it transformed into a robot and he controlled it useing some kind of wires hooked up to him i wanna say like suction cups or something. it was movement wise more like pacific rim jaegers if i recall correctly. but he could drive it as a normal tractor trailer aswell..

anyone have a clue?
Sounds like Fighting General Daimos (Tōshō Daimosu).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqfI9n4mIbk
The Macross Mecha Manual
Kuruni

What is the name of Votoms web novel here?

The name on Yatate Bunko say 鉄騎兵堕ちる, but at the bottom it look like they renamed it for print as 戦場の哲学者 (which is how it's listed on JA Wikipedia), too bad that I can't figure its English name from the cover image. Google "Votoms web novel" turn "Dazzling Funeral Procession" up as result but that's a little weird.
Mafty

From the translator on my computer , it appears to be Armored Trooper Votoms Iron Trooper Falls.

I also need help identifying a show.

Basically it was set in a European style fantasy kingdom, where the main character (who may have been Isekai'd, I didn't see the beginning) ends up at an academy where they train people to pilot mechs.

There's a practice duel on a school field, and then the main character runs around campus helping people. He helps make and serve lunch, and do the dishes. I think there also a bunch of noble people running around.

I don't remember much else about it, but the animation quality was very high, and it seems to have come out in the last 15 years or so.
Seto Kaiba

Mafty wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:05 pm I also need help identifying a show.

Basically it was set in a European style fantasy kingdom, where the main character (who may have been Isekai'd, I didn't see the beginning) ends up at an academy where they train people to pilot mechs.

There's a practice duel on a school field, and then the main character runs around campus helping people. He helps make and serve lunch, and do the dishes. I think there also a bunch of noble people running around.

I don't remember much else about it, but the animation quality was very high, and it seems to have come out in the last 15 years or so.
... the part about the protagonist running around campus helping people, making and serving lunch, etc. makes me think you're probably thinking of the Tenchi Muyo! spinoff Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari, localized as Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Mafty

Thank You! I thought it was something related to Tenchi Muyo.
Seto Kaiba

Mafty wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:21 am Thank You! I thought it was something related to Tenchi Muyo.
Yeah, it's a spinoff of the main Tenchi OVA series starring Tenchi's younger half-brother Kenshi.

Tenchi Muyo! OVA 4 is basically one long prologue/advertisement for it. Not necessary to watch beforehand, but occasionally helpful if you find it desirable to know how Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari fits into the rest of the setting. (Both the OVA and Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari are on Crunchyroll, if you're curious.)
The Macross Mecha Manual
Mafty

Thanks, I have Crunchyroll, so I'll check these out. I'll admit to not following harem antics as much, so I largely haven't focused on the Tenchi series. That being said the storyline outside of that seems quite interesting, plus the mecha designs look very interesting(It would be neat to see more Isekai Mech series being made).
Seto Kaiba

Mafty wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:18 pm Thanks, I have Crunchyroll, so I'll check these out. I'll admit to not following harem antics as much, so I largely haven't focused on the Tenchi series. That being said the storyline outside of that seems quite interesting, plus the mecha designs look very interesting(It would be neat to see more Isekai Mech series being made).
Ech... um... then I should probably warn you this one is mostly harem nonsense until about halfway in, and it's actually a fair bit more overt about the sexual nature of the fanservice than mainstream Tenchi. (There is an in-universe reason for it, but it is pretty silly.)
The Macross Mecha Manual