Five Star Stories - not dead just yet!

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
TakaTahuNuva

Five Star Stories - not dead just yet!

Last week, Mamoru Nagano updated his website with some very exciting news (click on the bar at the left side).

In honor of FSS's 25th anniversary, the first volume of "Five Star Stories REBOOT" will be released on February. As far as I could tell, this is going to be a reprint of the original, twelve-volume manga as seven volumes (in a new size). A new Reboot volume will be released every other month.

But that's not all!

According to his website, Nagano said that within a year after the Reboot series ends, he will release the 13th and final volume of the series!

It only took him 25 years, but he's finally going to end Five Star Stories. Discuss.
ohhhh snap
TetraVaal

Re: Five Star Stories - not dead just yet!

he needs to give us an update on Gothicmade, but this will do, I guess.
Koshernova

Wasn't he, like, halfway through the storyline? I mean, it's kinda odd that he's announcing the END of such an open-ended story. Here's hoping he brings the plot back to Amaterasu's storyline and closes that off...

Seconded about a Much Needed Gothicmade announcement.
"There's always hope tomorrow will be taco night."
Calubin_175

I doubt that it will end at 13. I am more interested in the reboot reissues, are they just going to make each volume thicker?
Sulendil Zeta

The first volume of the reboot series will include the first volume of original series (the Lachesis arc) and a bit of the second volume (Clotho arc, especially Juno 2989), so I expect it will be a large book. :)
kayone73

Not sure if this should get it's own thread or should be part of the FSS thread. It's been mentioned in Neo's News already but Nagano's Gothicmade has been officially announced as a film release Nov 1st in Japan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=878-7-qJcF8

The aesthetics and mech designs definitely look like the FSS universe but I don't know if the story just looks stylistically similar or part of FSS, does anyone know?