The Official SRW OG: The Inspector Thread Mk II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
RedWolf

Re: The Official SRW OG: The Inspector Thread Mk II

Spoiler
Final Boss is Beowulf! His Einst Gespenst MK-III evolves and also brings in those he killed in the cold opening of Ep 1.
Einst-Jetzt-esque? mecha
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c111/ ... 627736.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c111/ ... mirror.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c111/ ... 433814.jpg

Cameo also of Compatible Kaiser!

Character cameos include Cry Wolves, Giada and a very pregnant Garnett, Kouta and Shouko, Professor Kisaburo Azuma watching the Compatible Kaiser. All witness ,except the professor,the Einst turn the sky red, I believe there's a trope with this.
Last edited by RedWolf on Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Destiny_Gundam

Spoiler
VAISAGA, FULL DRIVE!!! THAT IS ALL!!!

*Cough* Ehem. Where to begin?

Cry Wolves, Giado and Garnet, Touma, COMPATIBLE KAISER!!!

Gilliam is okay, Axel takes Zweizergain's arm and then ROCKS!

Ryukooh dropping a bloody mountain on Stern followed by TRONIUM ENGINE, OVER DRIVE and finished off by ZANKANTOU IKKI TOUSEN!!! Dygenguard takes Ausenseiter's cape, which was new.

This just unplugs the hole so Beowulf can come out, though. He spawns an Einst Grungust, Einst SRX, Einst Cybuster, and some other thing, with Inspector from a Malevolent Star kicking. Prime fodder to get everyone's finishing moves off while new opening plays. (Exbein Boxer + Guarbein Gunner = FULL IMPACT CANNON DEAD END SHOOT!)

Beowulf heads to Earth, but Gilliam uses system XN to send the ATX team, Axel, and Shu to get in his way. Machine Soul kicks in, Beowulf takes out Axel, Alfimi sacrifices herself to protect Kyosuke, and Kyosuke uses Soulgain's embedded fist kill Beowulf.

No Rampage Spectre =/

Credits run, we see some epilouge stuff, ends with Kyosuke and Excellen about to kiss.

Lamia calls Lemon mother <3
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
RedWolf

Mecha Moe!
Spoiler
Ryuouki and Koouki I wanna take home!
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c111/ ... 554341.jpg

Yes I find this very cute.
Strike Zero

My face the entire episode
Spoiler
Loved the cameos from the OG Gaiden cast. It's just too bad the Kaiser wasn't quite ready for action yet. Oh, well, I'm sure we'll get to see it kick some major ass in SRW OG Gaiden: The Animation.

As they always say: when dropping a mountain and firing a Tronium Cannon at a giant inter-dimensional artificial moon-eating monster fails, mount your partner and cleave the ever-living out of it with a tornado. Yes, that's a real saying. Deal with it.

Was quite excited to see my prediction come true with Beowulf clawing his way in from the Shadow Mirror universe. Cue epic team-up of Axel and Kyosuke to take him on. Beowulf was a cool villain, but as far as I'm concerned, he officially crossed the Moral Event Horizon once he made sweet little Alfimi cry. FOR THIS ACT AGAINST HUMANITY, HE DESERVED NO MERCY.

That said, it was somewhat saddening to see Alfimi's participation in the battle consist of a single Support Defense, but hey, whaddaya gonna do?

Seeing anybody who was anybody get a chance to show off and unleash their ultimate attacks was beyond fantastic. And against Einst-made copies of themselves, no less! Einst-ified robots Beowulf took from the Shadow Mirror universe, perhaps? We may never know.

All was wrapped up by a badass showdown during re-entry, with Kyosuke making use of the arm Axel had lodged in Beowulf's Einsteisen waaaaay back in episode 1 to blow him apart. Ultimately an epic conclusion to a positively stellar adaptation.

Now all that's left is for Banpresto to explain what the hell that CG cutscene they showed after the credits was all about.

*praying*OG3OG3OG3OG3OG3OG3OG3...

EDIT:
Destiny_Gundam wrote:Dygenguard takes Ausenseiter's cape, which was new.
I'm pretty sure it's not. Dygenguar wearing Aussenseiter's cape during the Tatsumaki Zankantou dates back as early as its first OG2 incarnation, though its admittedly not as noticeable as when they do it in Alpha 3 and OGs.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Dark Duel

Haven't seen the episode yet, but I'm glad to see from what I'm reading here that it appears to be a pretty badass one. I'm looking forward to watching it once crunchyroll releases it on Sunday morning.
I have just one question:
Strike Zero wrote:
Spoiler
What the hell is THAT?
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Strike Zero

Dark Duel wrote:
Strike Zero wrote:
Spoiler
What the hell is THAT?
No idea.
Spoiler
Somebody on /m/ posited that it might be an Einst-ified Soulgain.

Another person pointed out a resemblance to the DGG series.

Or it could simply be an original unit that Obari whipped up out of his ass. =P

Whatever the case, it was fracking huge -- big enough to be able to take on the Giganscudo Duro in hand-to-hand combat.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
neolordmaxwell

Spoiler
I believe it's supposed to be something called 'Great Raimon', which is an old, old, old Banpresto original. That would make it the most obscure cameo yet.
Gundam Models, Reviews, and more at http://www.gundamscope.com
Mu La Flaga

I'm going to be pretty interested to see this when subtitled version comes out finally.

Looks like lots of interesting stuff going on.
hitokirigarou

neolordmaxwell wrote:I believe it's supposed to be something called 'Great Raimon', which is an old, old, old Banpresto original. That would make it the most obscure cameo yet.
It's Great Kaminarimon. I remember him being in SD Battle Oozumou and Battle Dodgeball.

G Thunder Gate from the OG Gaiden game is a reference to this character.
neolordmaxwell

Ah, so it is. The fuzzy furigana on the scans I saw weren't much help, but I was able to get the kana/kanji spelling of the name, for anybody who wishes to attempt their google-fu on it.

"グレート雷門"
Dark Duel

Screenshots, as usual
Well, that was certainly an EPICALLY AWESOME conclusion to this show.
Spoiler
I got to see COSMO NOVA!!!! in gloriously beautiful quality animation. Einst-Cybuster looked pretty awesome BTW. Equally beautifully-animated was Lune's Cross Smasher, too. :twisted:
Also, Axel jacking Zweizergain's remaining forearm to replace the one he lost previously was cool.
ZANKANTO IKKITOUSEN!!!! FTW, by the way. That was seriously cool-looking.
Not much else to say, except it was an awesome conclusion to the series.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
DuelGundam2099

What an awesome final episode all around. To be honest I liked the entire series, even if it didn't have an overly awesome ending them. Third best anime next to Aquarion: Wings of Glory and Shin Mazinger Z, 'nough said!
Wingnut

As usual, everyone seems to have said most of what I had in mind as well.

I have to had it to them on how the whole final fight was done here.
Spoiler
They did bring in Stern, or at least a form of it, use three super moves to take it out (Including the always funny RyuKoOh dropping a mountain on someone. That never gets old.), and then bring in Beowulf and have him merge with what's left of Stern to form a new entity.
The mirror match clones were also a good way to show off some more attacks such as the afore mentioned Full Impact Gunner, and the Cross Smasher + Cosmo Nova to dispatch the Cybuster copy after Ibis showed that it wasn't all that fast by catching up to it with her ultimate attack. Add in double sword finishers to the Grungust and SRX copies by the originals after even more cast members get some last minute screen time by softening them up.
All that allows Kyosuke, Excellen, and Axel to deal with the final boss themselves which was one of the best overall in the show. Kinda disappointed by the lack of Rampage Ghost other than the little snippet in the OP, but the call back to Soulgain's fist from episode 1 wasn't too bad either. I was really wondering what they would be doing to kill Beowulf Regisuer when the bunker ran out of ammo.

PS. Rectangle Launcher for those that might have been wondering.
PPS. Fade to black before an actual Kyo x Exe on screen kiss. :(
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
nacho-wan

Spoiler
This was no final Episode. This was an EPIC HURRACANE of HITTSATSUs. Everything that wasn't used to this point was thrown at us. Beowolf had to make more enemy mechas just to suck-up attacks LOL!

Seriously, I ran out of breath after Zankantou Tatsumaki. Cosmo Nova was wonderful too. Obari is truly a fan to these characters. He made all the efforts to satisfy people. Hell he even gave us a Compatible Kaiser cameo!
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Mu La Flaga

Can't think of too much to add except it was pretty well done, so I enjoyed it overall.
I did like the huge fight going on was to trash all of those Einst clones and all.
Spoiler
I wonder how Alfimi practically dying and all would affect anything or not?, at least Axel was floating through space in his machine.

I persnally enjoyed the credits scenes too especially Arado and Seollas' moment, pretty much proves to me how those 2 might by disfunctional, but they care about each other.

Also nice to see Lee show up for all of 3-4 mins just to support
Wingnut

Mu La Flaga wrote:
Spoiler
I wonder how Alfimi practically dying and all would affect anything or not?, at least Axel was floating through space in his machine.
I think they're in a position to go the same way as they did in OG Gaiden myself.
Spoiler
I persnally enjoyed the credits scenes too especially Arado and Seollas' moment, pretty much proves to me how those 2 might by disfunctional, but they care about each other.
Spoiler
I'm just glad that Arado did manage to spit it out. The way those two go, there was a high chance he wouldn't actually say the words to her.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
neolordmaxwell

Spoiler
As far as Arado goes, that's pretty much exactly how the lines went in the game. I'm just glad that bit of dialogue didn't end up on the cutting room floor, along with all of the other bits that didn't quite make it. Then again, they've focused on Arado's plot enough that it's only right we get that small bit of 'payoff' for it.

As for the ending itself: To be bluntly honest, I was very much hoping they wouldn't bring Beowulf out for the final boss. I didn't feel that was particularly necessary, and I was worried it would boil down to 'and here's the evil clone!', or some equally over-done trope. I'm very happy to say that the way it was one here completely averted all of my concerns. With Beowulf very clearly serving as little more than a shell for the 'will of the einst' or whatever you wanna call it, he didn't actually 'need' to be evil!kyosuke at all to fill that role in the story. The fact that it was him boils down to be a coincidence, and it being lampshaded in dialogue as such really worked for me.

They really didn't let me down, even playing a card I wanted to see left in the deck. That's pretty well done, I have to say.

My only real complain in the full episode is the lack of Lamia's near suicide scene. It's a shame, since that's a big moment for her. But, since that scene gets flashed-back to in the OVA I really can't even complain about that.

Excellent last episode, great way to send out the series.
Now to sit and pray to my chosen voodoo gods that there will be another sequel!
Mu La Flaga

Wingnut:
Spoiler
I just wanted to say that Alfimi dies in a different way in the games as opposed to here.
Zechs Merquise

I got exactly what I wanted, I forgive everything else now, not a bad final episode either.

I wonder if this means Terada has no plans for the Beowulf plot line in the future.
Currently Playing:Super Robot Wars J
Currently Watching: Ideon
neolordmaxwell

Spoiler
I wouldn't be surprised. I know the fandom's clamored about it being an unfinished plot thread, but the whole Beowulf concept never seemed much more than window dressing to me. It didn't serve much story purpose other than give Axel a motivation to want to fight Kyosuke, and to give a justification for the Shadow Mirror to want to try their plans on this side, since their own world got crap-sacked.

Given that the Shadow Mirror storyline itself is effectively over with no where else really do go at this point even in the games, handling him like this isn't a bad way to give the fandom what it wanted to see without really having to do or change much. I've always rather doubted that they had any plans on really doing much else with him gameside, anyway.