The Official SRW OG: The Inspector Thread Mk II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Destiny_Gundam

Re: The Official SRW OG: The Inspector Thread Mk II

Fans are dumb =/

Anyways, about Lee...
Spoiler
I'm sure they'll allude back to his past later when he actually becomes a more relevant character. Right now he's not really doing anything of note since the Hagane took over. They did give him an early bird cameo in the Record of ATX manga, though, looking on in horror as China burns.
Well Dark Duel might be busy playing OG2, but now that J has been translated, I'll be playing that :D
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
nacho-wan

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Why do people still insist on spelling it "Zengar" when it's been known for many years that it's spelt Sanger? If people like him so much they could at least spell his name right.
because anythin with Z is cooler! http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... oolLetterz
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Wingnut

Some new character lineart.
Rio, Ryoto, Ratsel, Gilliam, Sleigh, and Ibis.
If I could find the right stuff to do it, I would totally cosplay as Gilliam there, and damn those skirts are short.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Zechs Merquise

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Why do people still insist on spelling it "Zengar" when it's been known for many years that it's spelt Sanger? If people like him so much they could at least spell his name right.
That's one of his possible translations, used most for translations on gamefaqs, and it sounds cool.

I prefer Sanger, but sometimes alternate between the two.
Dark Duel wrote:Same here. I honestly used to find Lamia annoying, but since OGIN started, she's really grown on me.
How did you know about Lamia before OGIN? or did you watch The Animation?
Currently Playing:Super Robot Wars J
Currently Watching: Ideon
Destiny_Gundam

Zechs Merquise wrote:That's one of his possible translations, used most for translations on gamefaqs, and it sounds cool.
Well it's still wrong.
Zechs Merquise wrote:How did you know about Lamia before OGIN? or did you watch The Animation?
There's The Animation, but Original Generation 2, the game OGIN is based on, was released in english a long time ago.
Mu La Flaga

Admittingly on Zengar or Sanger.
It didn't really help that in game alot of times when he pronounced his name it actually sounded that way also, like in Alpha 3 is an instance that comes to mind.

It's a simillar to deal to Ryune/Luune.
Chris
Administrator

Mu La Flaga wrote:Admittingly on Zengar or Sanger.
It didn't really help that in game alot of times when he pronounced his name it actually sounded that way also, like in Alpha 3 is an instance that comes to mind.

It's a simillar to deal to Ryune/Luune.
And you know that Japanese pronunciation differs from English. When it comes to made up names that aren't actual Japanese names, the Japanese pronunciation shouldn't be seen as the only "right" way. Case in point, Light Yagami of Death Note. Clearly his first name is the English word light, even though the Japanese pronunciation is Raito and stubborn fans insist on calling him Raito, which is wrong.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Mu La Flaga

yeah hence why I try to use the proper name spelling over the fans version ones where ever possible :P
Zechs Merquise

Destiny_Gundam wrote: There's The Animation, but Original Generation 2, the game OGIN is based on, was released in english a long time ago.
He didn't play OG2 prior to OGIN.

Also I played OG1 and OG2 when they were first released in english.
Mu La Flaga wrote:yeah hence why I try to use the proper name spelling over the fans version ones where ever possible :P
As do I, I don't follow all official translation names though.

God Gundam and Puru(mosted debated one) for example are the names I use.
Dark Duel

Zechs Merquise wrote:How did you know about Lamia before OGIN? or did you watch The Animation?
Yup. Also, youtube videos.
But yeah, being able to see Lamia actually do something and interacting with the other characters(whereas in the Animation she didn't really do much other than get captured and rescued), I found myself liking the character a lot more.

Although that fake laugh of hers from a couple of scenes in OGIN still annoys me.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Kuruni

Well, MAHQ does use some non-official translation names when it's clear that the name is altered just for avoid controversy. For instant, R-Gun's BFG mode is still call "Metal Genocider" like in Japanese version instead of western "Metal Destroyer". Same thing for Devil Gundam and God Gundam.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Zechs Merquise

Dark Duel wrote: Although that fake laugh of hers from a couple of scenes in OGIN still annoys me.
I just found it cute. :)

Though Lamia has always been one of my favorites.
DuelGundam2099

So......... I don't suppose anyone watched ep 14 today. Maybe some screen caps or commentary or something?
Zechs Merquise

DuelGundam2099 wrote:So......... I don't suppose anyone watched ep 14 today. Maybe some screen caps or commentary or something?
Spoiler
All I know is Alfimi!
Waiting for subs.
Mu La Flaga

Has episode 14 been put up?
It's been pretty quiet this last week when the Christmas and New Year's Eve time period and all.

So I would if I could if there was a new episode.
Destiny_Gundam

I watched it. Nothing really notable outside of Vaisaga being promoted to the opening and
Spoiler
Alfimi showing up.
Dark Duel

I'm waiting for CR to release it on Sunday. Will post my thoughts and screenshots, as usual, once I see it.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
MarqoD

Watched the raw, and it looks like mostly exposition/setup. Not too much combat, but
Spoiler
Aya and (I think) Mai have joined Ryussei and Rai. Hopefully we'll be seeing SRX in action shortly. And according to the preview, the next episode will have the DyGenGuard.
ZeroBusterXX

MarqoD wrote:Watched the raw, and it looks like mostly exposition/setup. Not too much combat, but
Spoiler
Aya and (I think) Mai have joined Ryussei and Rai. Hopefully we'll be seeing SRX in action shortly. And according to the preview, the next episode will have the DyGenGuard.
Spoiler
Presumably the SRX will appear in Episode 16 since it's title is "Only One Crash", the name of the SRX's combination maneuver.
Wingnut

Again the main things going down in episode 14 are
Spoiler
the Vaisaga replacing the Angelg in the opening credits, the retaking of Hawaii/Hickam from the Inspectors (There's a beam chain now on that hammer.) with the rest of the R-Series joining in. And of course, the first meeting with the little blue-haired Einst girl.
Speaking of Einst, who or what was this? It seems to be wearing what's left of human clothing. Something you wouldn't think an Einst (save for Alfimi of course) would have/need.
Next Episode: Mission to retake TLI and pick up this. The title is "Bushin Souku Daizenger" so I strongly suspect some 4th wall breaking with the chapter title like was seen in OG2 and OGs.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.