Love triangle

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
NastyNate

Love triangle

Does the love triangle with Mylene, Basara, and Gamlin ever get solved in any official canon media?

I just got finished watching Macross 7 and this one was bothering me.
I would really like to here that there is a story with Gamlin marrying Mylene. Basara has Rex or any of the many many girls hearts he steals throughout the show. Shoot he can have Mylenes sister from the movie.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
yazi88

Re: Love triangle

Like many other shows in the 1990's, most love triangles don't get resolved in the end. Heck, I can't even think of any shows which have love triangles resolved during that decade aside from G-Gundam and Love Hina.
Chris
Administrator

No, it never gets resolved, not even in Dynamite 7. It's really not a big deal though, because even for Macross, it's not a "love triangle" in the traditional sense. Mylene has a thing for Basara, and Gamlin has a thing for Mylene, but Basara has no interest at all in Mylene, so it's only a "triangle" in the loosest sense of the word. Also, the show doesn't put as much emphasis on the love triangle as either SDF Macross or Frontier did.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Destiny_Gundam

Recently with the advent of Macross Frontier they released a Fire Bomber reunion album or something which revealed that after the events of Dynamite 7, Basara continued being a space hobo and just wandered the universe while the rest of the band stayed with the Macross 7.

So I think it's safe to say that Mylene didn't end up with Basara.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
krullnar

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Recently with the advent of Macross Frontier they released a Fire Bomber reunion album or something which revealed that after the events of Dynamite 7, Basara continued being a space hobo and just wandered the universe while the rest of the band stayed with the Macross 7.

So I think it's safe to say that Mylene didn't end up with Basara.
Space Hobo lol man :lol: and thats why I like macross 7.
ShadowCell - Mr. T doesn't read YouTube comments. Neither does Jesus. Or MacGuyver. Don't you want to be like Mr. T, Jesus, and MacGuyver?
bluemax151

Mylene certainly has some feelings for Gamlin which are evident in several episodes but most evident in "The Nightmarish Invasion" imo. Basara of course only loves music but "Maybe That's Spiral Answer". In a sense I think the "Love Triangle" was already broken.
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010