Haman vs Kamille

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Darkerangel

Haman vs Kamille

Soooo call me curious, but after watching the fight again, I was wondering if you guys think Tomino at one point intended to have Haman and Kamille encounter each other a bit more?
Mobile Suit Gundam Rebirth A rogue space team called U-FEA is in search for the Beacon of Hope for the future of humanity. They will have to use the blueprints of the Mobile Weapons before them as part of their arsenal to take down the Xen-Dominion.
Murra

Re: Haman vs Kamille

I don't think so, there's just not really that much to happen between the two.

Kamille's battles with the Titans were partly fuelled by the tragedy they caused him and others. Quattro had a deep background with Zeon and Haman herself, so there's something between those two. Kamille and Haman though, it just doesn't seem to be much more than two soldiers on opposing sides, there's not even a sense of rivalry between the two.
Red Comet90

I doubt that Tomino ever wanted more between those two. I view the battle between Haman and Kamille as Tomino using the battle to inform the viewer about the type of history Char and Haman had in the past.

Other than that they were just soliders on opposite sides of the battlefield.
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
NastyNate

Did tomino write ZZ, because if he did then if he wanted more interaction between them he would have done so in ZZ.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Imperial

NastyNate wrote:Did tomino write ZZ, because if he did then if he wanted more interaction between them he would have done so in ZZ.
He did, which is a pretty good indicator that he never conceived of anything else between the two.

That said, I do know what Darkerangel is getting at. For such a prominent villain, not to mention one who very nearly mind-melds with Cammy, Haman has precious little screen time with him. I thought their pseudo-rivalry would have worked better if it had been played up more, especially after the two nearly came to a Newtype understanding.

Of course, this is all probably a side effect of Haman being Char's "final boss." The two had more bad blood between them than Haman and Cammy, so Tomino opted to emphasize their tension, leaving Cammy with only a tenuous link to Haman.
This space for rent
Dark Duel

Imperial wrote:For such a prominent villain, not to mention one who very nearly mind-melds with Cammy, Haman has precious little screen time with him. I thought their pseudo-rivalry would have worked better if it had been played up more, especially after the two nearly came to a Newtype understanding.
Agreed. And IMO it would have made for much more interesting development than her going consistently after Char for no readily apparent reason. At least IMO.
NastyNate wrote:Did tomino write ZZ, because if he did then if he wanted more interaction between them he would have done so in ZZ.
He did. On a slightly unrelated note, popular belief is that the reason Glemy Toto goes from being a total loser to an expy of Char is that Tomino got the go-ahead partway through for CCA, so he opted to develop Char there instead. Dunno how much truth there is to that, but there it is.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Darkerangel

True, but...hmm how do I word this. With Kamille's state of mind in ZZ, you would think to see more of an interaction in Z than ZZ. Not to mention Tomino likes to have the new people shine more, other wise we would get a Seed Destiny affect.
Mobile Suit Gundam Rebirth A rogue space team called U-FEA is in search for the Beacon of Hope for the future of humanity. They will have to use the blueprints of the Mobile Weapons before them as part of their arsenal to take down the Xen-Dominion.
zerogradius

Imperial wrote:
He did, which is a pretty good indicator that he never conceived of anything else between the two.

That said, I do know what Darkerangel is getting at. For such a prominent villain, not to mention one who very nearly mind-melds with Cammy, Haman has precious little screen time with him. I thought their pseudo-rivalry would have worked better if it had been played up more, especially after the two nearly came to a Newtype understanding.

Of course, this is all probably a side effect of Haman being Char's "final boss." The two had more bad blood between them than Haman and Cammy, so Tomino opted to emphasize their tension, leaving Cammy with only a tenuous link to Haman.
There would have been no point to Haman and Kamille having a more profound rivalry given what Tomino had in store for the latter. Besides, Kamille's real beef was with the Titans, not with the Axis Zeon. Up to that point, Axis had not done much of anything.

Haman and Char's rivalry also could have used some more focus, since at no point was their relationship mentioned outside of that newtype reaction Haman and Kamille had. There's also no real closing to it, as I'm pretty sure Haman realizes that Char is not dead by the time ZZ Gundam begins. The rivalty between the two had more to do with Haman than Char as Char does not seem to care all that much about Haman anyway.