The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Destiny_Gundam

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk III

I wish I could say I've preordered volume 3, but... Bandai's store doesn't list Canada on their "select your country" list and there's been no response to my inquiry yet :(
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Zeis

Glad to see I'm not the only one with that problem. I was able to preorder the other two episodes with no problem.
blind_dead_mcjones

@ destiny gundam: if it makes you feel any better i'm having similar issues due to australia not being listed
Flag Fighter for life!
TetraVaal

http://extr.b-ch.com/freemv/view/gundam_uc_14/en/

You can now stream the first 8 minutes of volume 3 in English.

EDIT: Also, Merry Go-Round is now in HQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtA2oKxK_kQ
LightningCount

TetraVaal wrote:http://extr.b-ch.com/freemv/view/gundam_uc_14/en/
You can now stream the first 8 minutes of volume 3 in English.
Reluctantly, I decided to take a look. Skipped most of the trailer which precedes this 8-minute preview, as it showed too much...but was caught off guard by it and saw more than I wanted anyway. Well, first 8 minutes show things keeping on pace; though, so far, I'm still most impressed by the spectacles I saw in episode 1. I'm still not super "connected" with what's going on... Ultimately, more and more, I feel this is a series that has to be seen in one or two sittings. As stand-alone episodes, it just doesn't hold together enough for me to be fully invested. (It feels sort of like if you chopped up F-91 or CCA into episodes). Even so, it'll be very interesting to see how Earth is handled. Some of my favorite Gundam scenes/series are more terrestrial-based.
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
TetraVaal

Even so, it'll be very interesting to see how Earth is handled. Some of my favorite Gundam scenes/series are more terrestrial-based.
Right. And with the advanced animation they've done with this series, I better get some shots of the Gundam running around on soil, be it on Earth or in a colony... if SEED can do it, then so can Unicorn. :D I really loved the space battles in Unicorn so far, but the Kshatriya tearing up Industrial 7 definitely stands as the best action sequence in Unicorn so far, at least in terms of scale, so I can't wait for the ground combat to return.

I didn't watch the clip, though... mainly because I already felt spoiled by the Japanese clip, even though it was extremely compressed, and there is one shot in particular where the background looks like it's three dimensional, and I want to save that for 1080p HD, all the way. I just hope I can watch this subtitled in the stream, as I hate dubs.
flamingtroll

Speaking of the Earth chapters, I just came across some tidbits from an interview with Unicorn's producer Naohiro Kosugi on Otonafami

On episode 4's characters:
-Vist Foundation's president's secretary Gaul Chan, who was supposed to appear in Episode 3, will appear quietly in Episode 4, his position will seem to be different from that of the novel.
-Start from episode 4, Bright Noa will appear as the commander of Londo Bell. There will be a lot of dialogues and cast is still being decided
-Full Frontal will be a little bit different than that of the novel, the question "Is he really Char?" will become increasingly apparent.

On Episode 4's challenge:
-Up until ep3, MS's vernier's and beam effect,shadowing and such small details are basically establish. But since ep4 is on earth, the method made for space is no longer usable. Land with bright background and cityscape has now become the battlefield. The appearance of beam and MS's shadows has to be changed completely.

-Shambloo was originally decided to be animated partially with CG (for the sense of size), but it turned out it's mostly animated by hand. The CG became part of the animation.

On the producer's feelings about the previous episodes:
-He mentioned joking about how if Episode 1 turns out to be unpopular, they would have to follow current anime trends and add in "moe" elements. But it didn't happen

On hardest scene in ep3?
-Banager's sensing of Marida's past. It's difficult to animate the scene exactly as the novel with the current animation flow with the changes in viewpoint. But it's done well in order to not destroy Fukui's original intent
TetraVaal

Land with bright background and cityscape has now become the battlefield. The appearance of beam and MS's shadows has to be changed completely.
Do you have any idea how awesome it is to read this? This almost makes me want to see a trailer for episode 4 more than actually watching episode 3. :lol:

I just hope that the RX-0 gets a good amount of ground combat... the space combat has been nothing short of great so far, so I really hope they go all out while they're on Earth.
Shambloo was originally decided to be animated partially with CG (for the sense of size), but it turned out it's mostly animated by hand. The CG became part of the animation.
The fact that they're even animating the battle of Dakar is just... amazing. Considering the HUGE scale of that battle, I really can't wait to see how they pull it off. If enough time and effort is put into it, I honestly and unbiasedly believe that could go down as one of the greatest anime mech battles of all time.
Banager's sensing of Marida's past. It's difficult to animate the scene exactly as the novel with the current animation flow with the changes in viewpoint. But it's done well in order to not destroy Fukui's original intent
I'm not gonna lie... there were part of me that really felt they were going to cut Marida's past due to how dark it is, but the fact they're not shying away... Holy shit... this just keeps getting better and better. I really, really, REALLY hope they're able to pull all of this off, there's a reason why I've been putting Unicorn above all else and these reasons are exactly why. It's like an endless amount of effort is being put into it.
Amadi Akintunde

On the producer's feelings about the previous episodes:
-He mentioned joking about how if Episode 1 turns out to be unpopular, they would have to follow current anime trends and add in "moe" elements. But it didn't happen
This is very good news.
Sume Gai

TetraVaal wrote:What exactly are "moe" elements?
Cue helpless girl characters that prevoke a desire to protect them from the average older male fan.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
TetraVaal

Sume Gai wrote:
TetraVaal wrote:What exactly are "moe" elements?
Cue helpless girl characters that prevoke a desire to protect them from the average older male fan.
Ah, see, I knew there was a reason I hadn't found many cliches in Unicorn yet.
DuelGundam2099

Or "thoughts" if there's a bondage kink somewhere in the mix.
-Start from episode 4, Bright Noa will appear as the commander of Londo Bell. There will be a lot of dialogues and cast is still being decided
:shock: That....... Gives me a reason to look forward to ep 4. Of course I still need to see episode 3 first. :lol:
TetraVaal

Gives me a reason to look forward to ep 4.
And someone better get slapped.
DuelGundam2099

You know what would be awesome as hell? If Bright actually went into a mobile suit and slapped someone with it. :lol:
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

Too bad Harry Ord beat him to it.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Amadi Akintunde

He'll probably slap Micott for being so jealous.
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

No, no and no! Bright has to slap Banagher in order further his character development!
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
TetraVaal

G-Slayer wrote:No, no and no! Bright has to slap Banagher in order further his character development!
I actually laughed at this... mainly because of how true it is. :lol:
REMecha00Q

Do Unicorn threads mk.1 and mk.3 only cover the anime episode released?